• Member since 2014
  • Wycado Consulting

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to create a Process to execute a Chatter notification when a Lead or Contact reads an email sent to them from Salesforce. So far, I cannot find where we get access to the field that determines this. There is an Email Message object, but it is aligned with Cases. The Contact or Lead objects cannot be used because an email being read is not considered by Salesforce to be an edit of the record. 

I've looked at all the objects I can think of; Task, Contact, Lead, TaskChangeEvent, TaskStatus, and cannot find how to get access to the field that is changed when an email is opened. 

Any help appreciated. 
I have an object called “Invoice Tracking”. It is the parent to “Invoice and Quote Line Items”. So one “Invoice Tracking” record, and many “Invoice and Quote Line Items” records.

I want to display certain "Invoice and Quote Line Items" records in a related list of an App that uses SOQL queries to build a list. I want ONLY records in which the “Activity Date” date field on an "Invoice and Quote Line Item" record is before a “Last Date Invoiced” date field on the Invoice Tracking object. I am using the following SOQL query:

Select Name FROM Invoice_Tracking__c WHERE Invoice_Sent__c < Invoice_Quote_Line_Items__c.r.Activity_Date__c 

It's not working. Any help appreciated.

I have to create a Flow that converts a Contact to a Lead. Yes, it's unusual. I want to take some of the fields off of the Contact and create a new Lead. 
I am launching the Flow with a custom button on the Contact page layout with this URL:
/flow/Sbizwycado/Convert_Contact_to_Lead?varContactId={!Contact.Id}

My flow begins with a Lookup of the Contact:

User-added image
I pass the Id of the Contact into varContactId. But it looks up OTHER Contacts. I put a screen in to show some fields on the Contact being looked up, and it's the wrong Contact. I can't figure out how this is happening. I tried deleting the Contact it looks up, but it then just finds another Contact, not the Contact record I am launching the flow from. Any help appreciated. 
I want the standard Event creation page to be displayed when a Lead checkbox field is checked, and the record Saved. I need a couple of the new Event fields to be prepopulated from the Lead Record. 

I tried to do this in Flow, but Flow does not support Date/Time fields, which is needed for the Event Start Date/Time and End Date/Time fields. 

My Apex coder is telling me that the standard Event creation page cannot be displayed when the Lead checkbox is checked, using an Apex Trigger. 

This does not sound right to me. Any input appreciated. 
I have a Professional Edition Org. I want to create a custom button that would launch a VisualForce page, accepting user input. From what I see in Professional Edition, VisualForce pages can be created. Flows are not available in Professional Edition. 

I want the VisualForce page to accept user input, and create records of a custom object. I also want the VisualForce page to allow creation of a PDF. 

Can this all be done in Professional Edition?
I am creating Web-to-Lead HTML, and the website captures the first AND last names in a "Name" field. 

Salesforce wants 'First Name' and 'Last Name' as separate fields. I may not be able to talk them into changing the website form to capture these fields separately. 

What's the best way to deal with this? I could create a custom "Name" field on the Lead object and capture this field, but then how would I best break this up into 'First Name' and 'Last Name'
I want to populate fields on the newly created Opportunity record when a Lead is converted. This can easily be done with field mapping on the Lead object if both the Lead and Opportunity fields are custom fields, but I want to map a custom Lead field to the standard "Amount" field on the Opportunity. Yes, I could recreate a new custom "Amount" field, but that's not the best way.

No matter how I try and create my button logic, it's not taking the fields off the Lead object and populating the standard fields on the new Opportunity. Am I trying to do something not supported by Salesforce, as in prepopulating fields on a 'new' record that is being created by Lead Conversion?
I have a URL custom button on the Contact object. I'm testing in a sandbox. 

https://cs16.salesforce.com/a0F/e?retURL=%2Fa0F%2Fo 
&CF00Ni000000EecqT={!Contact.Name} 
&CF00Ni000000EecqT_lkid={!Contact.Id} 
&CF00Ni000000EedPO={!Contact.Current_Coach__c} 
&CF00Ni000000EedPO_lkid={!Contact.Current_CoachId__c} 

The Contact name is a Lookup to the standard Contact object, and the Current_Coach__c is a User lookup. The button is designed to take both of those ID's off of the Contact record and populate it on the new custom object record. 

When I use the button, it populates the Contact Name in new record in the "aOF" custom object correctly in the Contact Lookup field, and the "Current Coach" user name in that field, but when I try and save the record it tells me that the " id value of incorrect type: 003f000000nSZndXXXXXXXXXXX", which is the correct salesforce ID for the Contact, but the "XXXXXXXXXX" is the username of another user. The "Current Coach" also has an "id value of incorrect type: 005i0000006I7sH0", which is the correct user ID, BUT with a "0" at the end of it.  

So my code is appending a User Name to the Contact Lookup, and a "0" at the end of the "Current Coach" user Lookup. 

Any ideas on what is going on would be appreciated. 
I have several custom buttons to 'decode' and understand what they do. The Return URL portion is the part I don't know. 

Example: retURL=%2Fa0F%2Fo 

Where can I find the reference that tells me how to understand what this return URL command is doing?
I need to generate Web-to-Case HTML in salesforce. The HTML will be added to a website that has customers fill out a form. A sample of part of the form is shown below. All the responses are done with radio buttons. I'm uncertain how to create the correct type of fields in salesforce so that the generated HTML will work correctly. 

Most of the questions have two options: "yes"or "no". Do I create a checkbox for these in salesforce, or a picklist, with the values of "Yes" and "No"?

Also, for the questions with "Yes", "No", and "Not Applicable", I am assuming my only option is a picklist. 

In this scenario I have, can salesforce natively generate the required HTML code, or will it need editing to match the format of the form, which is all radio buttons?

Website form
I am not a person that is good at writing Javascript or Apex, but I know my way around salesforce. What I would like to have is a "recipe" for creating a custom button that would fire a workflow. 

In my case, I could have an Opportunity Workflow that updates the "Amount" standard field with the value in a custom field "Derived Amount" whenever the Opportunity reaches "Proposal" stage. But I need to create a custom button that fires this workflow when the user needs  the "Amount" field updated. 

So I'm hoping that with this 'recipe' I can merely substitute other objects or workflow criterion when I want to use it elsewhere. 

I want to create a new custom button to replace the standard "New" button on Leads. This button will pre-populate the Lead "Website" field with the domain that the user entered on the "email" field. I don't want the "website" field to display on the initial record creation if possible, because it gets pre-populated and I don't want users typing in data. 

For example, if the new Lead has an email of "jeff@xyz.com", then the "website" field will be "www.xyz.com". They can edit it after the new Lead is created. 

I am using Jitterbit to query a Professional Edition. When I query the Price Book Entry object, I do not see the standard ProductCode field. It's on the page layout, and appears in the object thru the browser. 

To test this, I jused Jitterbit to query an Enterprise Edition, and the ProductCode field is there. I have opened a  Case with salesforce, but if anyone has seen something like this please give me any information.
I have a workflow with an evaluation criteria of "created, and every time it’s edited". 

The object used with my workflow has a custom formula date field that converts a date into the current year. For instance, if the date field that drives my custom field is "1/1/1954", my custom formula date field is "1/1/2014". 

My question is, when 2015 arrives, the above custom formula date field will change to "1/1/2015". Will this be considered programmatically to be an "edit" of the record, and possibly trigger my workflow the same as editing the record?

I have created a custom detail page button on the Opportunity Product object to clone an Opportunity Product. My setup is:

Display Type: Detail Page Button
Behavior: Display in existing window without sidebar or header
Content Source: URL

The button logic is:

/{!OpportunityLineItem.Id}/e?clone=1&retURL={!OpportunityLineItem.Id}

I get no syntax error with this logic. 

It seems to populate all the fields and makes ready to clone the record, but when I try and "Save" the new cloned record, I get this error:

Unable to Access Page
You are missing information needed by the page you have attempted to access. If you believe this is an error, please refresh your screen. If the error persists, please report it to our Customer Support team and provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information.

I have checked this over several times and don't see any errors in what I have done. But hey, that's why you post this stuff, to get a fresh set of eyes on it. Any help appreciated.
I have a custom object that has a master-detail relaionship with Opportunities. The custom object is called "Invoices". I want to prepopulate some fields in the "Invoices" record using a custom button. 

The ID of  the currency custom field on the Opportunity that I am interested in is 00N50000002UECs. I want to have the value in this currency field prepopulate to my custom field 00N50000002UECe on my custom object when I create a new record. 

I am having trouble referencing the Opportunity field in my URL so that it prepopulates the custom field on my custom object. 

My button URL code is the initlal standard URL plus &00N50000002UECe=00N50000002UECs

This results in the text value "00N50000002UECs" prepopulating in the field. How do I reference the field that is on the Opportunity that is related to the custom "Invoice" object?
I have to create a Flow that converts a Contact to a Lead. Yes, it's unusual. I want to take some of the fields off of the Contact and create a new Lead. 
I am launching the Flow with a custom button on the Contact page layout with this URL:
/flow/Sbizwycado/Convert_Contact_to_Lead?varContactId={!Contact.Id}

My flow begins with a Lookup of the Contact:

User-added image
I pass the Id of the Contact into varContactId. But it looks up OTHER Contacts. I put a screen in to show some fields on the Contact being looked up, and it's the wrong Contact. I can't figure out how this is happening. I tried deleting the Contact it looks up, but it then just finds another Contact, not the Contact record I am launching the flow from. Any help appreciated. 
I am creating Web-to-Lead HTML, and the website captures the first AND last names in a "Name" field. 

Salesforce wants 'First Name' and 'Last Name' as separate fields. I may not be able to talk them into changing the website form to capture these fields separately. 

What's the best way to deal with this? I could create a custom "Name" field on the Lead object and capture this field, but then how would I best break this up into 'First Name' and 'Last Name'
I want to populate fields on the newly created Opportunity record when a Lead is converted. This can easily be done with field mapping on the Lead object if both the Lead and Opportunity fields are custom fields, but I want to map a custom Lead field to the standard "Amount" field on the Opportunity. Yes, I could recreate a new custom "Amount" field, but that's not the best way.

No matter how I try and create my button logic, it's not taking the fields off the Lead object and populating the standard fields on the new Opportunity. Am I trying to do something not supported by Salesforce, as in prepopulating fields on a 'new' record that is being created by Lead Conversion?
I have several custom buttons to 'decode' and understand what they do. The Return URL portion is the part I don't know. 

Example: retURL=%2Fa0F%2Fo 

Where can I find the reference that tells me how to understand what this return URL command is doing?
I need to generate Web-to-Case HTML in salesforce. The HTML will be added to a website that has customers fill out a form. A sample of part of the form is shown below. All the responses are done with radio buttons. I'm uncertain how to create the correct type of fields in salesforce so that the generated HTML will work correctly. 

Most of the questions have two options: "yes"or "no". Do I create a checkbox for these in salesforce, or a picklist, with the values of "Yes" and "No"?

Also, for the questions with "Yes", "No", and "Not Applicable", I am assuming my only option is a picklist. 

In this scenario I have, can salesforce natively generate the required HTML code, or will it need editing to match the format of the form, which is all radio buttons?

Website form

I want to create a new custom button to replace the standard "New" button on Leads. This button will pre-populate the Lead "Website" field with the domain that the user entered on the "email" field. I don't want the "website" field to display on the initial record creation if possible, because it gets pre-populated and I don't want users typing in data. 

For example, if the new Lead has an email of "jeff@xyz.com", then the "website" field will be "www.xyz.com". They can edit it after the new Lead is created. 

I am using Jitterbit to query a Professional Edition. When I query the Price Book Entry object, I do not see the standard ProductCode field. It's on the page layout, and appears in the object thru the browser. 

To test this, I jused Jitterbit to query an Enterprise Edition, and the ProductCode field is there. I have opened a  Case with salesforce, but if anyone has seen something like this please give me any information.
I have a custom object that has a master-detail relaionship with Opportunities. The custom object is called "Invoices". I want to prepopulate some fields in the "Invoices" record using a custom button. 

The ID of  the currency custom field on the Opportunity that I am interested in is 00N50000002UECs. I want to have the value in this currency field prepopulate to my custom field 00N50000002UECe on my custom object when I create a new record. 

I am having trouble referencing the Opportunity field in my URL so that it prepopulates the custom field on my custom object. 

My button URL code is the initlal standard URL plus &00N50000002UECe=00N50000002UECs

This results in the text value "00N50000002UECs" prepopulating in the field. How do I reference the field that is on the Opportunity that is related to the custom "Invoice" object?

Who has experience with this app? I am using it to sychronize opportunity product custom fields with quote item custom fields. It works fine however I as soon as the custom fields work with default values, validation rules, workflows I get error messages...  Can anybody help? - Thanks in advance. Reto