Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
what exactly password never expires do in salesforce
Hey,

this is my first visualforce page.

I have one question concerning Apex class. How can I pass a value to the Apex class from the current Visualforce page/Opportunity? For example, the zip code?

In Germany, the postal code consists of 5 digits. But I want to pass only the first 3 digits to the Apex class. How does it work?

Visualfoce page:
<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" extensions="Controller" tabStyle="Opportunity">
    <apex:pageBlock title="zip code">
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!opp}" var="Opportunity" >
            <apex:column value="{!Opportunity.AccountId}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!Opportunity.City__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!Opportunity.Zip_Code__c}"/>
            <apex:column headerValue="Link">
                <apex:outputLink value="{!'/'&Opportunity.AccountId}">Link</apex:outputLink>
            </apex:column>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Apex-Class:
public class Controller {

public List<Opportunity>opp{get; set;}

public Controller(ApexPages.StandardController controller){

opp = [SELECT Zip_Code__c, Stadt__c, AccountId FROM Opportunity WHERE Zip_Code__c LIKE :LEFT(currentobject.zip_Code__c,3);
    }
}

This command ":LEFT(currentobject.zip_Code__c,3)" does not work. What is the correct command?

Thanks for your answers.

Hi,

I have a requirement to configure email to agent but the client doesnt want to set a forwarding rule from *@company.com to *@salesforce.com. Hence looks like the email to agent (using the email agent) may be the right chcoice. I am trying to make sure that the forwarding rule will not be needed. The documentation doesnt mention that the forwarding rule is needed. hence good so far. Still can someone please confirm I understood this correctly?

Also where I get confused is  - the tool still needs the routing address to be configures. So how will the tool know which routing address to use?

Thanks,

Vikash 

How can i delete/update  mass records for custom object  without using data loader. Right now i am only see these option for standard object.  
can we get the data from sas to salesforce? If yes how. so any one can help on these question.
Thanks in advance..

Pavan
Hi,

I am not able to delete the custom object's field from eclipse. I am deleting the field and when i am trying to save, It's rolling back the changes.

Please anyone knows how to delete the custom objects field.

And also i am using the latest version of Force.com IDE.

Please suggest me as soon as possible.
Hi All,

Can any one Explain me Before and After events in trigger?When we are going for Before and when we are going for After in Triggers?

Thanks

I am facing an issue while uploading data in china language .It is uploading data but not in proper format .It is uploading with some spacial character .

Please help me on this .

Thanks ,
Manoj