• 20 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello there! I have a requirement to clear just a subset of an object's fields. I thought I could use the fieldset and define a StandardController Extension class to work with the fieldset and clear the fields. The only other option I can think of is obj.fieldName = null; for the 50-odd fields that I have. 

Is this possible? Please let me know how. Thanks!

Hello there,

I just needed some advice on Salesforce housekeeping for Profiles. After reading the articles online, I've reached these conclusions:

1. You can clone but not delete Standard Profiles
2. You can clone and delete Custom Profiles
3. Profiles are specific to user licenses ie, Profiles for a 'Salesforce' license cannot be cloned to create a new profile for 'Platform'

So, if I had to create new profiles, I have no way to "disable" old custom profiles. If anything, I'll have to create new profiles for these users and restrict Application/Object access on my legacy profiles if I plan to keep them.

If anyone has better ideas for Profile management, please let me know. Many thanks!

Hello there,

I am trying to create a backup of all my metadata from the Full Sandbox. I have 3 orgs I'm working with
1. A Production Org
2. A Full Sandbox (which I need to refresh)
3. A Developer Pro Sandbox (which I just created). I'm assuming this is a metadata copy of Production

I am planning to download my critical metadata from the Full sandbox using the Force.com IDE - I already have the classes, pages, triggers, components, and will also download the custom objects that I need. 

I have one question: if I refresh my Full Sandbox, will that also refresh the Developer Pro Sandbox?  

I am trying to update a set of records that were given to me with an Excel spreadsheet

1. The Name field on there is an Autonumber
2. I have no other unique fields I can use as an External ID

Here's what I've tried so far:
1. DataLoader doesn't allow me to do an upsert by matching on autonumber fields
2. I've tried using the Data Import Wizard on Salesforce to make an upload but that application always has a problem reading my csv file, so I am never able to proceed to field mappings

This leaves me in a tricky situation, having to tap into our mySQL database to first get record IDs and then do a data upload.

Is there a better way?

I am trying to update a set of records that were given to me with an Excel spreadsheet

1. The Name field on there is an Autonumber
2. I have no other unique fields I can use as an External ID

Here's what I've tried so far:
1. DataLoader doesn't allow me to do an upsert by matching on autonumber fields
2. I've tried using the Data Import Wizard on Salesforce to make an upload but that application always has a problem reading my csv file, so I am never able to proceed to field mappings

This leaves me in a tricky situation, having to tap into our mySQL database to first get record IDs and then do a data upload.

Is there a better way?