• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I'm currently trying find a way of closing off multiple cases while working from the List View. The 'Close' button does not suit my needs as it leads to the CaseMassAction page which only has 3 unsuitable options (we have several mandatory fields that need filling before a case can be closed) and is currently uneditable. So I had the idea to create a custom button that leads to a Visualforce page that would have the required fields. This is the VF page that I created for the task:

<apex:page standardController="Case">
  <apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="Close Cases">
      <apex:pageBlockButtons >
        <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" value="Save"/>
        <apex:commandButton action="{!Cancel}" value="Cancel"/>
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>
          <apex:pageBlockSection collapsible="false" title="Case Information" >
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Status}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Reason}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Fault_type__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Resolution_code__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Closure_Code__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Bridge_Case_Closure_Notes__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Send_Resolved_Email__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>
Which produces this page, which is perfect for our needs:
User-added image
However, something has gone wrong somewhere. If I go to a list view, select multiple cases via the tick boxes and click my custom button I get taken to the VF page as expected. However, once I change the status to Closed, make all the relevant field changes and click Save I am taken to a brand new Salesforce case that has been opened and closed immediately. Checking back on the list view all of the cases that I ticked are still open.

I'm assuming that I've missed something that tells the VF page to collect the case reference from the list view in order to edit them accordingly, however I've got no idea what I would need to change to make that happen (or if, in fact, that is even possible). Any and all help would be very much appreciated!

This a bit of a strage request so hopefully someone might be able to help!

I'm looking to put a component on the Homepage that will allow users to make a single selection from a list of multiple choices (be it from a drop-down menu or similar) in order to collect data from the types of calls they are getting. As such it needs to be something they can use many, many times a day so a normal poll is out of the question. It also needs to be something I can draw the information from afterwards via a report so I can collate the data over the weeks and months.

Would this be possible? And if not does anyone have any suggestions for something within Salesforce that could provide a similar service? 
Hi all,
I'm looking for a way to create an editable alert popup box to be placed on customers accounts. I essentially need something like this app: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016caVEAQ

Unfortunately we're unable to install apps on our Salesforce platform so I need to create something similar manually. Happy to use Visualforce or formulas, just need some help!
Hi guys, I'm trying to create a new field that take the information from another field and removes certain words. The SUBSTITUTION funtion works fine for one word, however there's a few different values that I want to remove.

This formula works fine for one value:
SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site ", "")

The Site Name field has been set up by multiple people and has become rather messy, so the same information has been entered in multiple ways. As such I need to be able to remove entries similar to the following:

"Site "
"SITE "
"Site Name "

I've tried mutiple variations of the SUBSTITUTE function (see below for examples) but cannot get the formula to look for multiple values and replace them with the same thing. Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to use to get the desired result?

Formulas I've tried and failed with:
OR
(SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site ", ""),
SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "SITE ", ""),
SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site Name", ""))))

SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site ", "")&SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site ", "")&SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site Name ", "")

SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site ", ""),(Site_Name__c, "SITE ", ""),(Site_Name__c, "Site Name ", "")

Hi all,

I'm currently trying find a way of closing off multiple cases while working from the List View. The 'Close' button does not suit my needs as it leads to the CaseMassAction page which only has 3 unsuitable options (we have several mandatory fields that need filling before a case can be closed) and is currently uneditable. So I had the idea to create a custom button that leads to a Visualforce page that would have the required fields. This is the VF page that I created for the task:

<apex:page standardController="Case">
  <apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="Close Cases">
      <apex:pageBlockButtons >
        <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" value="Save"/>
        <apex:commandButton action="{!Cancel}" value="Cancel"/>
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>
          <apex:pageBlockSection collapsible="false" title="Case Information" >
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Status}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Reason}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Fault_type__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Resolution_code__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Closure_Code__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Bridge_Case_Closure_Notes__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Send_Resolved_Email__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>
Which produces this page, which is perfect for our needs:
User-added image
However, something has gone wrong somewhere. If I go to a list view, select multiple cases via the tick boxes and click my custom button I get taken to the VF page as expected. However, once I change the status to Closed, make all the relevant field changes and click Save I am taken to a brand new Salesforce case that has been opened and closed immediately. Checking back on the list view all of the cases that I ticked are still open.

I'm assuming that I've missed something that tells the VF page to collect the case reference from the list view in order to edit them accordingly, however I've got no idea what I would need to change to make that happen (or if, in fact, that is even possible). Any and all help would be very much appreciated!

This a bit of a strage request so hopefully someone might be able to help!

I'm looking to put a component on the Homepage that will allow users to make a single selection from a list of multiple choices (be it from a drop-down menu or similar) in order to collect data from the types of calls they are getting. As such it needs to be something they can use many, many times a day so a normal poll is out of the question. It also needs to be something I can draw the information from afterwards via a report so I can collate the data over the weeks and months.

Would this be possible? And if not does anyone have any suggestions for something within Salesforce that could provide a similar service? 
Hi guys, I'm trying to create a new field that take the information from another field and removes certain words. The SUBSTITUTION funtion works fine for one word, however there's a few different values that I want to remove.

This formula works fine for one value:
SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site ", "")

The Site Name field has been set up by multiple people and has become rather messy, so the same information has been entered in multiple ways. As such I need to be able to remove entries similar to the following:

"Site "
"SITE "
"Site Name "

I've tried mutiple variations of the SUBSTITUTE function (see below for examples) but cannot get the formula to look for multiple values and replace them with the same thing. Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to use to get the desired result?

Formulas I've tried and failed with:
OR
(SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site ", ""),
SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "SITE ", ""),
SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site Name", ""))))

SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site ", "")&SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site ", "")&SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site Name ", "")

SUBSTITUTE(Site_Name__c, "Site ", ""),(Site_Name__c, "SITE ", ""),(Site_Name__c, "Site Name ", "")