• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a contact merge process outside of Salesforce that calls the Contact merge API.  We've seen several examples where this happens:
  • The last created Contact record is selected as the Master record (survivor)
  • The Contact record being deleted (merged into the Master) has data in FieldA, but the Master doesn't
  • After the merge, the data in FieldA on the Master is null
My understanding of the merge process is that it evaluates the field level last update date to determine which record to use data from.  However, wouldn't it also evaluate null vs. non-null?
  • February 11, 2016
We're looking at Heroku Connect and were wondering what alternatives there are for bi-directional syncing of Salesforce and our Heroku postgres database.  Any suggestions for good tools you've used for this?
I have an after update trigger event on Opportunity where I check if a flag has been set to determine if the OLIs need to be deleted so that they can be reloaded by an external call to the API.  My problem is that right after this code executes to delete the OLIs, I need to change the Opportunity currency value from CAD to USD.  When I add the code to change the value, I get the error message below that I believe is caused because I can't update a value in an after update event.  Any suggestions on how I can update the currency field?

OpportunityTrigger: execution of AfterUpdate
caused by: System.FinalException: Record is read-only
Class.OpportunityTriggerHandler.UpdateCurrency: line 180, column 1
Trigger.OpportunityTrigger: line 32, column 1

Here's the method where I delete the OLIs that fires in the after update event on Opp:
//Delete OLIs on an Opportunity when Oppty is updated and DeleteOLI__c is true
    public static void DeleteOLIs (List<Opportunity> NewOpp){
        //get opportunity Ids
        Set<Id> OppId = new Set<Id>();
        for(Opportunity Opp : NewOpp){
            if(Opp.DeleteOLI__c == true){
                OppId.add(Opp.Id);
        }
        }

//get current opportunity line items to delete
        List<OpportunityLineItem> CurrentOLIs = new List<OpportunityLineItem>(
            [Select Id, OpportunityId FROM OpportunityLineItem WHERE OpportunityId IN :OppId]);

//delete Opportunity line items
        if(!CurrentOLIs.isempty()){
            system.debug('CurrentOLIs: ' + CurrentOLIs);
            delete CurrentOLIs;

}

}

Has anyone used the Radian 6 API to extract data via Informatica or another ETL tool?
  • April 01, 2015
We have a contact merge process outside of Salesforce that calls the Contact merge API.  We've seen several examples where this happens:
  • The last created Contact record is selected as the Master record (survivor)
  • The Contact record being deleted (merged into the Master) has data in FieldA, but the Master doesn't
  • After the merge, the data in FieldA on the Master is null
My understanding of the merge process is that it evaluates the field level last update date to determine which record to use data from.  However, wouldn't it also evaluate null vs. non-null?
  • February 11, 2016
We're looking at Heroku Connect and were wondering what alternatives there are for bi-directional syncing of Salesforce and our Heroku postgres database.  Any suggestions for good tools you've used for this?
Have a flow which contains a multi-select picklist type. Worked yesterday - no longer works today. Change the field type back to Text, and same error. Anyone any idea how to trouble shoot this?
The flow is a headless flow called from process builder on the Oppty Line item. I am passing in Opportunity LI ID and Product ID. AS I said it worked yesterday but no longer does and there have been no changes.
We have got data coming into Salesforce via Bulk API . After the import it created hundreds of job and its very hard to go through all the Job Id and look at the records which didn't process correctly or Error.

Is it possible to Query this Bulk Data Load Job page or Bulk Load tables in Salesforce?

I am trying to query Radian6 Service Persona object from SOQL Explorer. I see the object, but i dont see any records when i query. What am i missing?

Regards

Shuchi