• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My organization has recently undergone some departmental changes, and we are now using Service Cloud heavily because of these changes. Our support team has taken on the task of processing orders, therefore they are bombarded daily from our Sales Team. I have configured Service Cloud with the Email-to-Case feature, which is very handy in that it automatically associates the Contact to the Case based on the email message received. 

Because our Sales team is now forwarding all of its requests for order processing to our Support team, all of the cases that are created from these forwarded emails have the web email set as the Sales person's email address, therefore not associating the case to the appropriate Contact.

My manager is not pleased with this process, because it requires the Support agent to research the forwarded email and look up the appropriate contact to associate with the case, taking a few minutes of their time.

Can anyone think of something that would streamline this process a little more? Is it possible to perhaps examine the email received and perform logic based on some sort of email flag, like a "****" at the beginning of the subject line to indicate that a bit of apex code should be run?

Any and every idea is welcome. I have been wracking my brain about what to do in this situation and nothing is coming to mind.

Thanks!
My organization has recently undergone some departmental changes, and we are now using Service Cloud heavily because of these changes. Our support team has taken on the task of processing orders, therefore they are bombarded daily from our Sales Team. I have configured Service Cloud with the Email-to-Case feature, which is very handy in that it automatically associates the Contact to the Case based on the email message received. 

Because our Sales team is now forwarding all of its requests for order processing to our Support team, all of the cases that are created from these forwarded emails have the web email set as the Sales person's email address, therefore not associating the case to the appropriate Contact.

My manager is not pleased with this process, because it requires the Support agent to research the forwarded email and look up the appropriate contact to associate with the case, taking a few minutes of their time.

Can anyone think of something that would streamline this process a little more? Is it possible to perhaps examine the email received and perform logic based on some sort of email flag, like a "****" at the beginning of the subject line to indicate that a bit of apex code should be run?

Any and every idea is welcome. I have been wracking my brain about what to do in this situation and nothing is coming to mind.

Thanks!