• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I understand that the Account owner can see all opportunities, whether they own the or not, associated with that account.  Is there Salesfoce documnetation on this?  I need to send it out to my people.  Thanks!
I will preface this with saying that I do not code.  I have a field on the Lead object called Distributor_Contact_email__c.  I would like to create a button that when clicked, would send an email template to that email address.  I found the code below in this forum, but it's not working.  Any help appreciated.  Thank you.

location.replace('/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p24={!Lead.Distributor_Contact_email__c}&p3_lkid=
{! Lead.Id }&retURL=%2F{!Lead.Id }&template_id=00XC0000001LMO5')
We have a managed CPQ package installed which has a button that performs a status change on the quote.  I've copied the code and created a button to change the quote to a different status.  The button works and changes the status to what I want, however, the error message in the "else" condition is showing what the error message is for the button that I copied the code from, which is irrelevant to my button.  I want to change this, but if I do an edit in the button code I get a syntax error saying "field does not exist."  This is the executed code:

{!requireScript("/soap/ajax/29.0/connection.js")} 
var quoteId = "{!CPQ__Quote__c.CPQ__SalesforceId__c}"; 
var status = "{!CPQ__Quote__c.CPQ__Status__c}"; 
var statusToDraft = "Draft"; 
if(status == "Ready"){ 
var namespaceprefix = "{!$Setup.CPQ__HierarchicalProperty__c.CPQ__CPQ_Namespace__c}"; 
window.top.location = "{!$Site.Prefix}" + "/apex/" + namespaceprefix + "UpdateQuoteLifeCycle?quoteStatus="+ statusToDraft + "&quoteId=" + quoteId; 
}else
{var markAsOrderedNotAllowed = "{!$Label.CPQ__QuoteMarkAsOrderedNotAllowed}"; 
alert(markAsOrderedNotAllowed); 
}

The bolded part is what I need to change but can't figure out where !$Label.CPQ__QuoteMarkAsOrderedNotAllowed is coming from to change it. I am trying to change the quote status to Draft, but my code is based on "Mark As Ordered" which doesn't make sense.  Any ideas? 
I am trying to do something and wondering if I need code, or if I can do it in Process Builder.  I want the process to work as follows:

I have two objects Opportunity Products (standard) and Inventory (custom).  On the Opp Products object, I have a field called "Serial Number" which is a look up field to Inventory.  On the Inventory object side I have a field called "SN Assigned" which is a check box.  The user then navigates to the Serial Number field on the Opp Product, uses the look up functionality to pick a Serial Number and hits save.  What I want to happen at that point is for the "SN Assigned" checkbox on the related Serial Number record to be checked.

How can I do this without code, if possible.
I have created simple flow which takes some fields as inputs and I want it to create a record in a custom object I created.  I keep getting the following errors when I try to run it from a Site page and I'm the system administrator.  In the area where you actualy build the flow, it is working. I am stuck.

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Test_Request_Flow/301C0000000H0lV exception by user/organization: 005C0000008CeyR/00DC00000016sIg
Errorcaused by element : FlowRecordCreate.Create_Demo_Request
caused by: Error occurred attempting to get data type for : RawFieldImpl[tableName: Test_Demo_Request_Flow__c, columnName: Contact__c]

An error occurred at element Create_Demo_Request.
Error occurred attempting to get data type for : RawFieldImpl[tableName: Test_Demo_Request_Flow__c, columnName: Contact__c].

This report lists the elements that the flow interview executed. The report is a beta feature.
We welcome your feedback on IdeaExchange
Flow DetailsFlow Name: Test_Request_Flow
Type: Flow
Version: 3

Flow DetailsStart time(GMT): Thu Jul 30 14:11:26 GMT 2015
End time(GMT): Not Yet Finished
Duration: 7 seconds

Screen: Introduction 
Decision: Demoo_r_Quote_Request_Path 
Screen: Demo_Request_Selections 
Record Create: Create_Demo_Request

I want to design a custom object and have our external users populate fields in a flow that is embedded in a VF page on a Force.com site.  What are the limitations to this in regards to permissions?  Will the external users be able to create a new record in my custom object?
We have demo equipment for which a request needs to be put in to use it.  There is a short form to fill out, mostly yes no questions with some free form and then submit for approval.  The person doing the request doesn't need to select the particular demo equipment, just the type and then the admin will assign the serial number in a separate process.  Ideally, I would like there to be a button on the opportunity that says "submit demo request" which will then take you to a custom object which will have all of the fields necessary to fill out and a "submit for approval" button.  Is this difficult to do?  I don't know code.
We have implemented a third party quoting tool.  When you create quotes for an opportunity you have the choice to mark one quote as the main quote.  I need that quote's extended price to be in the "Amount" field on the Opportunity so that it is included in our forecasts.  Any ideas?  If I try a workflow rule, the Opportunity and the custom Quote object don't seem to be related so that I can't do a field update.  Completely stuck!  TIA.
We have launched a third party app in our SF org.  It comes with default permission sets - Sales Manager and Admin.  It's a quoting tool which generates a proposal.  The proposal has two free form fields in Rich Text that we need to lock for editing to the Sales Manager.  I go into the permission set, find the two fields and uncheck the edit button (it has read and edit buttons).  When I go to generate the proposal as a Sales Manager, I can't edit those fields, which is great, but when the PDF generates, I can't see those fields either.  What am I doing wrong?
We are implementing a third party CPQ (configure price quote) application.  This application has three main objects.  The Quote, Quote Line Item and the Quote Sub Line Item.  Imagine the Quote to be the entire car, the Quote Line Item would be the Honda Civic and Quote Sub Line Item would be GPS option.  The approval process rules run off of the Quote object.  What I am trying to do is to activate a workflow flag on the Quote object when a criteria is met on the Quote Sub Line Item.  

The example goes like this:

If Product ID GPS appears in the Qoute Sub Line Item, a custom field called GPS is checked true on the Quote Item object.
The next workflow rule is if custom field "GPS" is checked True on the Quote Item Object, check True on the custom field "GPS" on the Quote object.  I then have another rule that say if "GPS" is checked True on the Quote object, check True the Sales Support custom field on the Quote object.

My approval process rule then is if "Sales Support" is checked True, route to this person. 

I can't get this to work.

I'm thinking it's a workflow issues.  I am able to get to work going from the Quote Item to Quote objects then triggering the Sales Support flag.  I feel like maybe since I have three workflow rules there that I need something additional.  TIA.
We have the following role hierarchy in our SF org:

CEO - CFO - VP Sales - Sales Support - Regional Manager

I am setting up approval process for our quotes.  The idea is that the Sales Support role will generate the quotes.  So for example, if I select a certain discount level needing approval by regional manager, if a person in the sales support role does the quote, it is my understanding that the regional manager won't be able to approve it?  If so, why?  Also, would people in the Sales Support role be able to approve each other's quotes and/or their own?
We are implementing a CPQ App which has a default quote template.  We can either  have the CPQ company customize it for us or hire a third party.  I am curious as to what the code looks like but don't know how to get to the place where it shows the code and from where the code can be changed to customize the template.  How do I get there?
Our company is using Salesforce and we just purchased a CPQ app and are currently doing the implementation.  The default template for the quote proposal in the app will not work for us, so we will need one custom built.  Our template is 3-4 pages with the information in the body coming from the quote information - account, rep, customer price, options selected etc.  The company we chose for the app will write us a template for $250/hr and have estimated it will take at least 16 hours, between the development and testing etc.  Skills required are visualforce and APEX.  Another option will be to hire someone either from the job boards here or elance or similar.  Hourly rates range from $10 (Indian or Pakistani) and up to $150 for a US developer.  I think my boss will have a coronary if I tell him it will cost $250/hr for 16 hours worth of work.  He is under the impression that these things should come free with the app purchase.  Anyone here have experience with outside developers?  The company specifically said that we can either use them or an outside person to write the template.  Any other advice?  I need to present some options to my boss.  TIA.
I have the opportunity standard object with a custom field called "serial number."  This field is set to look up from  a custom object called "Inventory" where these serial numbers are logged.  The inventory object has all the pertinent info that I need regarding that serial number and also a field called "opportunity." When I create an opportunity, I go the "serial number" field and look up the serial number I need from the inventory object.  This works fine.  What I am trying to do is have the "opportunity" custom field on the inventory object populate the opportunity name where that serial number is assigned automatically.  It seems that I need to use a formula, but I can't get it to work.  Please help!
I will preface this with saying that I do not code.  I have a field on the Lead object called Distributor_Contact_email__c.  I would like to create a button that when clicked, would send an email template to that email address.  I found the code below in this forum, but it's not working.  Any help appreciated.  Thank you.

location.replace('/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p24={!Lead.Distributor_Contact_email__c}&p3_lkid=
{! Lead.Id }&retURL=%2F{!Lead.Id }&template_id=00XC0000001LMO5')
We have a managed CPQ package installed which has a button that performs a status change on the quote.  I've copied the code and created a button to change the quote to a different status.  The button works and changes the status to what I want, however, the error message in the "else" condition is showing what the error message is for the button that I copied the code from, which is irrelevant to my button.  I want to change this, but if I do an edit in the button code I get a syntax error saying "field does not exist."  This is the executed code:

{!requireScript("/soap/ajax/29.0/connection.js")} 
var quoteId = "{!CPQ__Quote__c.CPQ__SalesforceId__c}"; 
var status = "{!CPQ__Quote__c.CPQ__Status__c}"; 
var statusToDraft = "Draft"; 
if(status == "Ready"){ 
var namespaceprefix = "{!$Setup.CPQ__HierarchicalProperty__c.CPQ__CPQ_Namespace__c}"; 
window.top.location = "{!$Site.Prefix}" + "/apex/" + namespaceprefix + "UpdateQuoteLifeCycle?quoteStatus="+ statusToDraft + "&quoteId=" + quoteId; 
}else
{var markAsOrderedNotAllowed = "{!$Label.CPQ__QuoteMarkAsOrderedNotAllowed}"; 
alert(markAsOrderedNotAllowed); 
}

The bolded part is what I need to change but can't figure out where !$Label.CPQ__QuoteMarkAsOrderedNotAllowed is coming from to change it. I am trying to change the quote status to Draft, but my code is based on "Mark As Ordered" which doesn't make sense.  Any ideas? 
I want to design a custom object and have our external users populate fields in a flow that is embedded in a VF page on a Force.com site.  What are the limitations to this in regards to permissions?  Will the external users be able to create a new record in my custom object?
We have implemented a third party quoting tool.  When you create quotes for an opportunity you have the choice to mark one quote as the main quote.  I need that quote's extended price to be in the "Amount" field on the Opportunity so that it is included in our forecasts.  Any ideas?  If I try a workflow rule, the Opportunity and the custom Quote object don't seem to be related so that I can't do a field update.  Completely stuck!  TIA.
We are implementing a CPQ App which has a default quote template.  We can either  have the CPQ company customize it for us or hire a third party.  I am curious as to what the code looks like but don't know how to get to the place where it shows the code and from where the code can be changed to customize the template.  How do I get there?
I have the opportunity standard object with a custom field called "serial number."  This field is set to look up from  a custom object called "Inventory" where these serial numbers are logged.  The inventory object has all the pertinent info that I need regarding that serial number and also a field called "opportunity." When I create an opportunity, I go the "serial number" field and look up the serial number I need from the inventory object.  This works fine.  What I am trying to do is have the "opportunity" custom field on the inventory object populate the opportunity name where that serial number is assigned automatically.  It seems that I need to use a formula, but I can't get it to work.  Please help!