• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello to you,
                  I am a newbie in rendering pages. I have to ensure that an output panel in a pageblock appears in the visualforce page after something has been entered in a TextArea. I know that the event is onchange, but how do I proceed to reRender the pageblock from the TextArea?

I thank you.

Kindest Regards, 
Vijay. 

Hello to you all,
                      I am developing a custom button New Asset -which will be added in the Asset related list on my Habitat custom object- to access the New Asset standard page. But I am not able to retrieve the AccountId related to the Habitat object in the button's URL as a parameter, so that when I go to the New Asset page, it pre-fills the Asset.AccountId field. Could you please help me on how to pass the AccountId as a parameter so that I can get the Asset.AccountId field pre-filled from the Habitat.AccountId field?

I thank you.

Regards,
Vijay.

Hello all,
                            I have a time-based workflow which changes the name of the Opportunity to "Cancelled Opp" if the close date is on 12th February. I have another workflow that changes the name to the same too, but if the close date is on the 19th February, that the Opportunity Amount is less than or equal to 50000 and that the expected revenue is less than or equal to 25000. 
                             I want to cancel the first workflow if the second one is triggered. Can I, please, know how do I do this?

I thank you.

Regards,
Vijay.

Hello,

I have a dateTime picker used in the tags as follows:

<apex:input label="End Date: " type="datetime-local" value="{!endDate}"/>

Users in my organization want to have it displayed as DD/MM/YYYY, since, the picker displays date as MM/DD/YYYY. 

Could you, please, help me in solving this issue?

I thank you.

Regards,
Vijay Birsingh.

Hello,
          I have to display the name of the object on a visualforce page. I am actually using a custom label to display the name of the standard object. But, this name of the standard object must be displayed in English and French as well, may I know if it is possible to display the name of the object through the use of Translation? Or is there any other way other than If..Else, constructs.

I thank you.

Kind Regards,
Vijay.

Hello,

This is the validation rule:

ISPICKVAL( $ObjectType.Agreement__c.Fields.Agreement_Motive__c ,'Location Changed').  Where Agreement_Motive__c is a picklist. I am currently working on Opportunity object. Unfortunately, I am faced with this error:

Error: Incorrect parameter type for function 'ISPICKVAL()'. Expected Picklist, received Object.

Could you, please, help me with this issue?

I thank you.

Regards, 
Vijay.

Hello,

This is my Workflow rule formula
IF(
   AND(Name = 'Tara',Account.ID = AccountId),SUBSTITUTE(TEXT( AccountOpportunity__c ), TEXT( AccountOpportunity__c ), TEXT(Account.AccountOpportunity__c )),"NULL")

I have my IF condition, but I do not want to have any else part, how can I achieve this?

I thank you.

Regards,
Vijay.

Hello,

This is my first test class for a visual force controller class involving Schema.PickListEntry. This is a code snippet:
public static final List<Schema.PicklistEntry> PKL_VALUES {get; set;}
 static {
        PKL_VALUES = ContentVersion.Cat_Doc__c.getDescribe().getPickListValues();
       }

for (Schema.PicklistEntry ple : PKL_VALUES) {

List<ContentVersion> docs = new List<ContentVersion>();
            for(ContentVersion d: documents){
                if(ple.getLabel().equalsIgnoreCase(d.Categorie_Document__c)){
                    docs.add(d);
                }
            }

documentsByCategorieAll.put(ple.getLabel(), docs);
            paramPagination.put(ple.getLabel(), new DocumentsPagination(docs.size(), nbDocumentsParPage));

}

for (Schema.PicklistEntry ple : PKL_VALUES) {
            documentsByCatDisplay.put(ple.getLabel(), displayDocs(documentsByCatAll.get(ple.getLabel()), ple.getLabel(), 1));
        }

I would like to know how to write a test method involving PKL_VALUES ?

Regards,
Vijay.

Hello,

I am a novice in writing SOQL statements concerning Master Detail relationships. I would like to know how I need to write a SELECT SOQL statement on these:

Master object: Opportunity
Detail object: Quote
Child Relationship Name: Quotes
Field Name: Opportunity

Basically, I want to extract the Id from Opportunity and add it to the other fields of the Quote object in a single SELECT SOQL statement. How do I proceed? 

Regards, 
Vijay.

Hello everybody,

I would like to know how do you check the value of a checkbox (isDone__c), whether it is true or false.
     I have tried this: if(isDone__c)  and I am getting the following error: Condition expression must be of type Boolean.

Thanks for any help,
Vijay,

Hello everybody,

I am having an issue to import classes and triggers into a new Force.com project from sandbox to eclipse through the refresh from server option. I am having this error "invalid stored blocked length".

I will be grateful for any help.

Thank you

Hello to you all,
                      I am developing a custom button New Asset -which will be added in the Asset related list on my Habitat custom object- to access the New Asset standard page. But I am not able to retrieve the AccountId related to the Habitat object in the button's URL as a parameter, so that when I go to the New Asset page, it pre-fills the Asset.AccountId field. Could you please help me on how to pass the AccountId as a parameter so that I can get the Asset.AccountId field pre-filled from the Habitat.AccountId field?

I thank you.

Regards,
Vijay.

Hello,

I have a dateTime picker used in the tags as follows:

<apex:input label="End Date: " type="datetime-local" value="{!endDate}"/>

Users in my organization want to have it displayed as DD/MM/YYYY, since, the picker displays date as MM/DD/YYYY. 

Could you, please, help me in solving this issue?

I thank you.

Regards,
Vijay Birsingh.

Hello,
          I have to display the name of the object on a visualforce page. I am actually using a custom label to display the name of the standard object. But, this name of the standard object must be displayed in English and French as well, may I know if it is possible to display the name of the object through the use of Translation? Or is there any other way other than If..Else, constructs.

I thank you.

Kind Regards,
Vijay.

Hello,

This is the validation rule:

ISPICKVAL( $ObjectType.Agreement__c.Fields.Agreement_Motive__c ,'Location Changed').  Where Agreement_Motive__c is a picklist. I am currently working on Opportunity object. Unfortunately, I am faced with this error:

Error: Incorrect parameter type for function 'ISPICKVAL()'. Expected Picklist, received Object.

Could you, please, help me with this issue?

I thank you.

Regards, 
Vijay.

Hello,

This is my Workflow rule formula
IF(
   AND(Name = 'Tara',Account.ID = AccountId),SUBSTITUTE(TEXT( AccountOpportunity__c ), TEXT( AccountOpportunity__c ), TEXT(Account.AccountOpportunity__c )),"NULL")

I have my IF condition, but I do not want to have any else part, how can I achieve this?

I thank you.

Regards,
Vijay.

Hello,

I am a novice in writing SOQL statements concerning Master Detail relationships. I would like to know how I need to write a SELECT SOQL statement on these:

Master object: Opportunity
Detail object: Quote
Child Relationship Name: Quotes
Field Name: Opportunity

Basically, I want to extract the Id from Opportunity and add it to the other fields of the Quote object in a single SELECT SOQL statement. How do I proceed? 

Regards, 
Vijay.

Hello everybody,

I would like to know how do you check the value of a checkbox (isDone__c), whether it is true or false.
     I have tried this: if(isDone__c)  and I am getting the following error: Condition expression must be of type Boolean.

Thanks for any help,
Vijay,

Hello everybody,

I am having an issue to import classes and triggers into a new Force.com project from sandbox to eclipse through the refresh from server option. I am having this error "invalid stored blocked length".

I will be grateful for any help.

Thank you
I really need some help on getting hot topics around Salesforce on which a presentation can be given and an audience(Developers mostly)  can be addressed.(Except lightning and summer 15)
Any suggestionn is appreciable :)
Guys, I am getting following error when I am adding and refreshing a project.

"Refresh Error : Invalid Stored Block Lengths"

Please let me know, If any one faced this issue and how did you solved it. 
Thanks in advance.