• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
I am a newbie to salesforce,my company hired some salesforce contractor to integrate salesforce with our internal database. I thought it is not difficult to do:
1. for each account, we add a custom field which is a List of object Tool.
2. For each object Tool, it has a list of object Group.
3. For each group, there are some custom fields.

So it is a grandparent -child relationship and I want to run a query for each account to return:
1. a list of custom tool objects,
2. in individual tool object, also return a list of group objects.

The contractor told me that it is rather difficult to implement in salesforce, is it right? I am a database and c# developer, at the moment, not really sure why this is difficult?

Can someone give me some idea?

Many Thanks 

Hi,

I am trying to get myself started with retrieving some inforamtion for saleforce and then save to some local database.
From help, it says 
From Setup, click Develop | API to display the WSDL download page.
Download the appropriate WSDL:

However, when I login and go to developer/API, I just see a message saying:
"Integrate salesforce.com "
 The Force.com platform allows you to easily integrate salesforce.com with your applications, and to build new applications that work with salesforce.com. For complete API documentation, sample code, and developer community, visit http://developer.salesforce.com.

So what I did wrong? Is there some versioning difference or security difference so I don't see the wsdl download page?

Many Thanks
Hi,
I am a newbie to salesforce,my company hired some salesforce contractor to integrate salesforce with our internal database. I thought it is not difficult to do:
1. for each account, we add a custom field which is a List of object Tool.
2. For each object Tool, it has a list of object Group.
3. For each group, there are some custom fields.

So it is a grandparent -child relationship and I want to run a query for each account to return:
1. a list of custom tool objects,
2. in individual tool object, also return a list of group objects.

The contractor told me that it is rather difficult to implement in salesforce, is it right? I am a database and c# developer, at the moment, not really sure why this is difficult?

Can someone give me some idea?

Many Thanks 

Hi,

I am trying to get myself started with retrieving some inforamtion for saleforce and then save to some local database.
From help, it says 
From Setup, click Develop | API to display the WSDL download page.
Download the appropriate WSDL:

However, when I login and go to developer/API, I just see a message saying:
"Integrate salesforce.com "
 The Force.com platform allows you to easily integrate salesforce.com with your applications, and to build new applications that work with salesforce.com. For complete API documentation, sample code, and developer community, visit http://developer.salesforce.com.

So what I did wrong? Is there some versioning difference or security difference so I don't see the wsdl download page?

Many Thanks