• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I need help to create a field 'Total Cost Savings 2015'  (TCS15__c) that will display the sum of cost savings for every employee in my department in 2015

To keep track of relevant data, each person in the department is listed as a Contact under the Parent company and each contact record has a required currency field called 'Cost Savings' (API Name: Savings__c)

To easily filter our departmental employees in the contact record, there is also a 'Type' field in every contact record, and the value assigned to employees in our department is 'Administration' (API Name: Type__c)

So for example contact records typically look like this:

Company: ABC Widgets
Type: Administration
Cost Saving: 45,000

Cost Saving: 55,000

Cost Saving: 100,000

What we need to do is have a field-formula in the Contact Record (TCS15__c) that will 

(a) identify the contacts in the administration deartment based on the API Name (and exclude contacts from other dept's)

(b) pull the 3 figures: €45,000, €55,000 and €100,000 

(c) sum the 3 figures and display €200,000 in the read only 'Total Cost Savings 2015'  (TCS15__c) field

I hope I've been able to convey this correctly and I hope that someone will be able to help!

Thanks,
Angela

Hi, I'm having some issues putting together a formula that will sum the total for values inserted in the Potentialsales__c field across a number of records (only the values that are listed in salesprob__c of "70%+" should be included in the calculation) 

Potentialsales__c is a currency field, salesprob__c is a picklist with multiple values

to explain myself better; say 5 records currently have entries for Potentialsales__c and salesprob__c as follows;

Account A: Potentialsales__c: $100,000 / salesprob__c: 40%
Account B: Potentialsales__c: $110,000 / salesprob__c: 70%+
Account C: Potentialsales__c: $120,000 / salesprob__c: 30%
Account D: Potentialsales__c: $130,000 / salesprob__c: 10%
Account E: Potentialsales__c: $140,000 / salesprob__c: 70%+
Account F: Potentialsales__c: $150,000 / salesprob__c: 10%
Account G: Potentialsales__c: $160,000 / salesprob__c: 60%
Account H: Potentialsales__c: $170,000 / salesprob__c: 10%
Account I: Potentialsales__c: $180,000 / salesprob__c: 70%+
Account J: Potentialsales__c: $190,000 / salesprob__c: 30%

Ideally the formula should result pull in and sum only the values from accounts B, E and I and therefore display $430,000

Any help on this would be fantastic!

Hello,

I need help to create a field 'Total Cost Savings 2015'  (TCS15__c) that will display the sum of cost savings for every employee in my department in 2015

To keep track of relevant data, each person in the department is listed as a Contact under the Parent company and each contact record has a required currency field called 'Cost Savings' (API Name: Savings__c)

To easily filter our departmental employees in the contact record, there is also a 'Type' field in every contact record, and the value assigned to employees in our department is 'Administration' (API Name: Type__c)

So for example contact records typically look like this:

Cost Saving: 45,000

Cost Saving: 55,000

Cost Saving: 100,000

What we need to do is have a field-formula in the Contact Record (TCS15__c) that will 

(a) identify the contacts in the administration deartment based on the API Name (and exclude contacts from other dept's)

(b) pull the 3 figures: €45,000, €55,000 and €100,000 

(c) sum the 3 figures and display €200,000 in the read only 'Total Cost Savings 2015'  (TCS15__c) field

I hope I've been able to convey this correctly and I hope that someone will be able to help!

Thanks,
Angela