• 75 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In the Trailhead section, Visualforece, Create View, I passed the test just fine.
When I wanted to see the result with an actual contact "id" https://na24.salesforce.com/0031a000003qngx
copied to the end of the url like this:
https://c.na24.visual.force.com/apex/ContactView/&id=0031a000003qngx or with no last "/"
https://c.na24.visual.force.com/apex/ContactView&id=0031a000003qngx

I get the following error
"The name can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must begin with a letter and be unique, and must not include spaces, end with an underscore, or contain two consecutive underscores. "
To what "name" do they reference?I have to be doing something really dumb!
Any help is appreciated
Here is my code:
<apex:page sidebar="false" standardController="Contact">
  <!-- Begin Default Content REMOVE THIS -->
  <h1>Congratulations</h1>
  This is your new Page: ContactView
  <!-- End Default Content REMOVE THIS -->
    <apex:pageBlock title="Contact Information">
        <apex:pageBlockSection >
            First Name:   {! Contact.FirstName } <br/>
            Last Name:    {! Contact.LastName} <br/> 
            Owner's Email:{! Contact.Owner.Email} <br/>           
            Phone:        {! Contact.Phone } <br/>
            Industry:     {! Contact.Account.Industry } <br/>
            Revenue:      {! Contact.Account.AnnualRevenue } <br/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>
In the Trailhead section, Visualforece, Create View, I passed the test just fine.
When I wanted to see the result with an actual contact "id" https://na24.salesforce.com/0031a000003qngx
https://c.na24.visual.force.com/apex/ContactView/&id=0031a000003qngx or https://c.na24.visual.force.com/apex/ContactView&id=0031a000003qngx
"The name can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must begin with a letter and be unique, and must not include spaces, end with an underscore, or contain two consecutive underscores. "
Any help is appreciated
Here is my code:
  <h1>Congratulations</h1>

One of the challenges was to return names from leads and contacts. 
Code looks like this:
public class ContactAndLeadSearch {
    public static List<List<SObject>> searchContactsAndLeads(String FindName)
    {
        list<list<sObject>> ReturnName = [find :FindName IN ALL FIELDS Returning lead(FirstName, LastName), contact(firstname, lastname)];

return ReturnName;
    }
}
When looking at the return ReturnName, how can you determine from what object the First/Last Name was retrieved? Lead?Contact?
Other examples used the  [0] and [1] in their examples when they were traversing multiple object but they only had one "find" in each object. 
Just curious as I do  understand the [x][y] notation in list<list> concepts.
Help again!
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_admin_intermediate/business_process_automation/workflow

I receive the error that the workflow does not function properly with no reason given for failure.

When I actually use the work flow, all the changes required are accomplished when the prioriry is set to HIGH. The STATUS is elevated to escalated, a task is created for the case owner (me). I have reviewed many times this workflow and cannot determine the cause of the failure.

Here below is a copy of the detail from the workflow. (Why would it work in an actual situation but not pass the test???)

Rule Criteria    
(Case: Closed EQUALS False) AND (Case: Priority EQUALS High)
Evaluation Criteria    Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria

TASK
Assigned To     Case Owner
*Subject    Follow Up on Escalated Case       
Unique Name    Follow_Up_on_Escalated_Case   
Due Date    Rule Trigger Date   Plus  0  days       
Protected Component    (Not Checked)

FIELD UPDATE
Name        Set Case to Escalated
Unigue Name     Set_Case_to_Escalated      
Object    Case          
Field to Update    Case: Status
Field Data Type    Picklist
Re-evaluate Workflow Rules after Field Change    

Picklist Options
The value above the current one  NOT CHOSEN
The value below the current one  NOT CHOSEN
A specific value      Escalated       ****CHOSEN From Picklist****

I am working on a TrailHead quiz at
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_admin_intermediate/business_process_automation/flow
I have created a New Account in a previous record create. I want to assign a new Contact to that new Acccount. Is the AccountID required and if so I  have the following issue: How to I take an Account ID from an account record and place it in a new Contact record for a contact record I have created in a previous step in a work flow? Is a formula required? 
For the new Contact Record, I have assigned  FirstName = {!FirstName} input from previous screen, same with LastName. I am guessing that to assign a Contact to an Account requires assigning the AccountID to the new contact record. I cannot figure out how to do that. 
I think I may have the same issue when I create a new Opportunity in the next step. :)
Thank you!

I am working on a Trailhead Quiz for Formulas & Validations Creating Validation Rules
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/point_click_business_logic/validation_rules
The quiz wants to validate a zip code rule for a contact to match zip code with account UNLESS this a a contact with no account associated.
Error from Trailhead that I receive is: The validation rule failed to enforce the business logic.
My "logic" was that if accountid in contact is blank there is no account associated ; if not blank check against account zip. A blank accountid is a NOTTRUE result for the first condition and the second condition is null. An accountid is NOT blank, a TRUE and second condition would be testd.
My validation code is: 
AND (
NOT(ISBLANK( AccountId )), 
(MailingPostalCode  <> Account.ShippingPostalCode)
Any help is appreciated. I am used to the more classical (IF( TRUE) AND IF (TRUE)) ELSE....format.
Thank You!
Receiving following error on chatter approvals for Cas object
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, missing required field: [nextApproverIds]: [nextApproverIds]
I do not have a clue as to missing information. This was a very confusing exercise for me. Newbie I am
I am working on a Trailhead Quiz for Formulas & Validations Creating Validation Rules
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/point_click_business_logic/validation_rules
The quiz wants to validate a zip code rule for a contact to match zip code with account UNLESS this a a contact with no account associated.
Error from Trailhead that I receive is: The validation rule failed to enforce the business logic.
My "logic" was that if accountid in contact is blank there is no account associated ; if not blank check against account zip. A blank accountid is a NOTTRUE result for the first condition and the second condition is null. An accountid is NOT blank, a TRUE and second condition would be testd.
My validation code is: 
AND (
Any help is appreciated. I am used to the more classical (IF( TRUE) AND IF (TRUE)) ELSE....format.
Thank You!
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, missing required field: [nextApproverIds]: [nextApproverIds]
I do not have a clue as to missing information. This was a very confusing exercise for me. Newbie I am
When I wanted to see the result with an actual contact "id" https://na24.salesforce.com/0031a000003qngx
https://c.na24.visual.force.com/apex/ContactView/&id=0031a000003qngx or with no last "/"
https://c.na24.visual.force.com/apex/ContactView&id=0031a000003qngx

"The name can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must begin with a letter and be unique, and must not include spaces, end with an underscore, or contain two consecutive underscores. "
Any help is appreciated
Here is my code:
  <h1>Congratulations</h1>
I am a complete Newbie and just trying to navigate my way around Salesforce. We have a Not For Profit license and need to start configuring it for our needs - so I want to work out the best training for us. The Trailhead Admin modules look great for commercial Salesforce and will help with basic funciontality but don't appear to have anything specific to Not For Profit. Should I be looking somewhere else to help get me started please? Any advise gratefully appreciated - Thanks.

Hi every one,
    i have requirement for update grand parent field update when update happens in grand child object .how can we achieve this .
The object like A (grand parent) ,B (parent) ,C(grand child)
Please suggest me.

One of the challenges was to return names from leads and contacts. 
Code looks like this:
public class ContactAndLeadSearch {
    public static List<List<SObject>> searchContactsAndLeads(String FindName)
    {
        list<list<sObject>> ReturnName = [find :FindName IN ALL FIELDS Returning lead(FirstName, LastName), contact(firstname, lastname)];

return ReturnName;
    }
}
When looking at the return ReturnName, how can you determine from what object the First/Last Name was retrieved? Lead?Contact?
Other examples used the  [0] and [1] in their examples when they were traversing multiple object but they only had one "find" in each object. 
Just curious as I do  understand the [x][y] notation in list<list> concepts.
Help again!
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_admin_intermediate/business_process_automation/workflow

I receive the error that the workflow does not function properly with no reason given for failure.

When I actually use the work flow, all the changes required are accomplished when the prioriry is set to HIGH. The STATUS is elevated to escalated, a task is created for the case owner (me). I have reviewed many times this workflow and cannot determine the cause of the failure.

Here below is a copy of the detail from the workflow. (Why would it work in an actual situation but not pass the test???)

Rule Criteria    
(Case: Closed EQUALS False) AND (Case: Priority EQUALS High)
Evaluation Criteria    Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria

TASK
Assigned To     Case Owner
*Subject    Follow Up on Escalated Case       
Unique Name    Follow_Up_on_Escalated_Case   
Due Date    Rule Trigger Date   Plus  0  days       
Protected Component    (Not Checked)

FIELD UPDATE
Name        Set Case to Escalated
Unigue Name     Set_Case_to_Escalated      
Object    Case          
Field to Update    Case: Status
Field Data Type    Picklist
Re-evaluate Workflow Rules after Field Change    

Picklist Options
The value above the current one  NOT CHOSEN
The value below the current one  NOT CHOSEN
A specific value      Escalated       ****CHOSEN From Picklist****

I am working my way through the Developer-Beginner trailhead.  Starting yesterday, the % Completed bar at the top stopped displaying values, and the Modules stopped showing which ones have been completed.  I've tried logging out and then logging back in, but no change.

Any suggestions on how to fix or report this?
This is driving me mental!! I am on Trailhead trying to complete "Automating Processes with the Lightning Process Builder" and I am getting an error in Trailhead when i check the challenge:
"Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated."

I have checked the debug log and it comes up with Fatal Error "System.AssertException: Assertion Failed":
User-added image

However if I test the process myself it works. Somebody in another thread suggested ordering the fields as per the challange lists them but this didnt work either.

Anybody else came accross this? I have spent too long trying to fix it.
I am working on a TrailHead quiz at
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_admin_intermediate/business_process_automation/flow
I have created a New Account in a previous record create. I want to assign a new Contact to that new Acccount. Is the AccountID required and if so I  have the following issue: How to I take an Account ID from an account record and place it in a new Contact record for a contact record I have created in a previous step in a work flow? Is a formula required? 
For the new Contact Record, I have assigned  FirstName = {!FirstName} input from previous screen, same with LastName. I am guessing that to assign a Contact to an Account requires assigning the AccountID to the new contact record. I cannot figure out how to do that. 
I think I may have the same issue when I create a new Opportunity in the next step. :)
Thank you!

hello guys i completed the challenge Create a process to update child record when the parent is updated. but i am still getting a worning saying that 
My validation code is: 
AND (
Thank You!