• 20 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there a way to test schedulable classes without programming an apex class job?

Like in test classes that we have the "run" button.
i need to wait 1 hour to test my schedulable class every time i need to change something. 

I made my schedulable class a trigger to test it, the trigger is working... the schedulable class not. 
Also is not showing me debugs on the log after running. 

and I'm getting crazy.

Thanks for the help!.
I'm working on my sandbox and I have some debugs on my code, but when i reload the visualforce to see those debugs, the log comes empty.
I'm sure my debugs are running because i have 1 of those debugs on my "initialize" method and the visualforce is working fine, almost as i defined in my controller (where the debugs are), but still came empty when i click on the "debugs only" mark in my log. 

If i run another visualforce and write a debug on its controller, i get that debug as usual..... 

I just can't see the debugs in this VisualForce_Extension 
Hello there!:

Is there a way to have a validation rule on an approve?...
I mean... I have a register created from a VF. This register will be sent to approve automatically... But i don't want the approver to approve this before he/she fills some fields.
In other words, i need this register sent to approve to make the approver notice that has a new register to validate. But i want the approver to fill some fields that only the approver will know. As a validation, i don't want the approver to approve if he/she doesn't fill those fields. Like an alert or something... "you can't approve this register if you haven't fill the required fields X, Y and Z" 

I thought on change the register type from the VF, send to approve but hide the approve section on the page format, then make this fields mandatory and when saved with the changes, return to another register type with the approve section visible...
But thought it could be a easier way to do this with validation rules or a functionality i don't know yet. 

Any thoughts? 
Hello:

I have 2 custom fields where i have date values. 

I need to calculate the exact diference in months between the final date and the start date. 
I have this formula:

MONTH(datevalue(FinalDate)) +12 - 
MONTH(StartDate)+12 * 

YEAR(datevalue(FinalDate)) - 
YEAR(StartDate) 
-1)

it works, but for example, if i have as a final date: 08/11/2015 (today), and start date 07/30/2015 the formula gives me 1 month difference, but is not a month yet. 
How could i add the factor "day" to this formula to have the exact difference IN MONTHS, i want the result of this difference (08/11 & 07/15) be zero. (other words: i don't want a day difference as a result) 

Anyone has an option to do this?
(sorry for my baaaaaaaaaaaad english, regards!)
I am a newbie....
I keep getting the error message:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c' formula field did not return the correct number of days between an Account’s Last Activity Date and today

This is the formula I am using as there is no Last Activity Date field in the case object. 
SO I am using Lastmodified Date field from the Case object.
ABS( DATEVALUE( LastModifiedDate ) - TODAY())
Which returns a value of "11" as number when I view it in the report
Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong?? OR where do you find the "Last Acivity Date" field
I'm working on my sandbox and I have some debugs on my code, but when i reload the visualforce to see those debugs, the log comes empty.
I'm sure my debugs are running because i have 1 of those debugs on my "initialize" method and the visualforce is working fine, almost as i defined in my controller (where the debugs are), but still came empty when i click on the "debugs only" mark in my log. 

If i run another visualforce and write a debug on its controller, i get that debug as usual..... 

I just can't see the debugs in this VisualForce_Extension 
SF DEV's

I am trying to retrieve the Full Name of an Opportunities Contact in a VF page. I have {!Opportunity.Opportunity_Contact__r} right now but it brings up the Contact ID instead. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do?

Thanks,

Bryn Jones
When i am working on Developer console there are showing an error always. Error title is FIELD_INTEFRITY_EXCEPTION.
Please provide help.
FIELD_INTEFRITY_EXCEPTION
Failed to create createContainerMember for containerId=1dc280000006iaBAAQ: This container member belongs to a container that currently has an unfinished save request with deploymentId=1dr28000002te6r. You may not modify any members in this container until it completes.: Metadata Container ID

Thanks
Nitin Sharma
Hello:

I have 2 custom fields where i have date values. 

I need to calculate the exact diference in months between the final date and the start date. 
I have this formula:

MONTH(datevalue(FinalDate)) +12 - 
MONTH(StartDate)+12 * 

YEAR(datevalue(FinalDate)) - 
YEAR(StartDate) 
-1)

it works, but for example, if i have as a final date: 08/11/2015 (today), and start date 07/30/2015 the formula gives me 1 month difference, but is not a month yet. 
How could i add the factor "day" to this formula to have the exact difference IN MONTHS, i want the result of this difference (08/11 & 07/15) be zero. (other words: i don't want a day difference as a result) 

Anyone has an option to do this?
(sorry for my baaaaaaaaaaaad english, regards!)

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a custom SF webservice and the call it from my .NET app.

So I'm adding my service's WSDL in VS 2012. It does work for a tiny test webservice that returns a string but it doesn't work when I want to return an opportunity.

Can I return sObjects at all?

In case I can, then here are some details:

By not working I mean that I can't reference my web reference in code and when I try to update web reference I'm getting the following error:

VS error

Is there a workaround for this?

My tiny test service code is the following (it does work when called from Apex):

global class OpportunitySearch {
    webService static Opportunity[] getOpportunities()
    {
        Opportunity[] searchResults = Database.query('SELECT Name, Id FROM Opportunity  LIMIT 10');
        return searchResults;
    }
}

It behaves the same way when I'm trying to return a single Opportunity or an Account.

Thanks in advance