• HSA Bank

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

We're adding an encrypted field using classic encryption to our org. I have set up a permission set to allow viewing of the encrypted field for me.

The field is housed in a Visualforce section (using a field set) that is embedded in a standard Case page layout. I have found that the encrypted field stays masked when viewing within the Visualforce section even though I have the View Encrypted Data permission (via the permission set). If I add the same field to the regular page layout, then the data is not masked, as expected.

I'm assuming there's something additional I need to do in the Visualforce code to allow this field to come through unmasked, however I haven't been able to find any documentation on this issue. Below is a snipped of the Visualforce code, and I've also attached the entire Visualforce page as well as a screenshot of the issue. Hopefully someone has run across this before and has some ideas.

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Request Details" columns="2" rendered="{!Case.Request_Reason__c == 'Account Holder Name Change or Correction'}">
    <apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Case.FieldSets.Account_Holder_Name_Change_or_Correction}" var="f">
        <apex:outputField value="{!Case[f]}"/><br/>
    </apex:repeat>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

User-added image
Hello,

The below code should show the Marketing_Request__c.Other_Channel__c inputField when a Marketing_Request__c.Channel__c of "Other" is selected, however it appears the page is not rerendering correctly. When a choice of "Other" is selected, the Other Channel inputField is never diplayed.

Any assistance resolving this is much appreciated.
<apex:page standardController="Marketing_Request__c">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="Edit Marketing Request" subtitle="{!Marketing_Request__c.Name}"/>
    <apex:form>
        <apex:pageBlock title="Edit Marketing Request" id="thePageBlock" mode="edit">

<apex:pageMessages />

<apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Branding and Channel" columns="1">
                <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Request__c.Branding_Type__c}" required="true"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Request__c.Channel__c}" required="true">
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="thePageBlock" immediate="true" status="channelStatus"/>
                </apex:inputField>
                <apex:actionStatus startText="applying change..." id="channelStatus"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Request__c.Other_Channel__c}" required="true" rendered="{!Marketing_Request__c.Channel__c == 'Other'}"/>

</apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>
User-added image

Hello,

We're adding an encrypted field using classic encryption to our org. I have set up a permission set to allow viewing of the encrypted field for me.

The field is housed in a Visualforce section (using a field set) that is embedded in a standard Case page layout. I have found that the encrypted field stays masked when viewing within the Visualforce section even though I have the View Encrypted Data permission (via the permission set). If I add the same field to the regular page layout, then the data is not masked, as expected.

I'm assuming there's something additional I need to do in the Visualforce code to allow this field to come through unmasked, however I haven't been able to find any documentation on this issue. Below is a snipped of the Visualforce code, and I've also attached the entire Visualforce page as well as a screenshot of the issue. Hopefully someone has run across this before and has some ideas.

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Request Details" columns="2" rendered="{!Case.Request_Reason__c == 'Account Holder Name Change or Correction'}">
    <apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Case.FieldSets.Account_Holder_Name_Change_or_Correction}" var="f">
        <apex:outputField value="{!Case[f]}"/><br/>
    </apex:repeat>

User-added image
Hello,

The below code should show the Marketing_Request__c.Other_Channel__c inputField when a Marketing_Request__c.Channel__c of "Other" is selected, however it appears the page is not rerendering correctly. When a choice of "Other" is selected, the Other Channel inputField is never diplayed.

Any assistance resolving this is much appreciated.
<apex:page standardController="Marketing_Request__c">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="Edit Marketing Request" subtitle="{!Marketing_Request__c.Name}"/>
    <apex:form>
        <apex:pageBlock title="Edit Marketing Request" id="thePageBlock" mode="edit">

<apex:pageMessages />

<apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Branding and Channel" columns="1">
                <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Request__c.Branding_Type__c}" required="true"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Request__c.Channel__c}" required="true">
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="thePageBlock" immediate="true" status="channelStatus"/>
                </apex:inputField>
                <apex:actionStatus startText="applying change..." id="channelStatus"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Request__c.Other_Channel__c}" required="true" rendered="{!Marketing_Request__c.Channel__c == 'Other'}"/>

</apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>
User-added image

Hi I am looking for a easy way to print or export a large Field Dependency matrix in excel. I am new to saleforce please guide me with complete details.
  • January 30, 2014

I need to export a report as a CSV to an FTP site or email it on a daily or weekly basis.

I have a Report.  I need to get the report out of Salesforce somehow into CSV format.

Ideally, this would be scheduled.

I'm a developer so I can do developer stuff.  However, I don't know APEX and I don't know VisualForce.  I can get someone to do that stuff if we need to.

Thanks!

• July 26, 2011