• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The documentation says that type="email" is available to use for <apex:input> when the field is not a salesforce standard object. That is exactly the case for me and I have the code below, but I am getting the error message: Unable to validate type 'email': data type not provided.

This link says email is a valid type:
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_input.htm
Could somebody please help? Thanks.

<div class="form-group">
                            <apex:outputLabel for="inputEmail" styleClass="control-label">Email</apex:outputLabel>
                            <apex:input type="email" styleClass="form-control" id="inputEmail" html-placeholder="Email" html-data-error="The email address is invalid" required="true">
                            </apex:input>
                            <div class="help-block with-errors"></div>
                          </div>

<div class="form-group">
                        <button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary">Submit</button>
                      </div>

• November 06, 2015
type email for <apex:input>The documentation says that type="email" is available to use for <apex:input> when the field is not a salesforce standard object. That is exactly the case for me and I have the code below, but I am getting the error message: Unable to validate type 'email': data type not provided.

This link says email is a valid type:
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_input.htm
Could somebody please help? Thanks.

<div class="form-group">
                            <apex:outputLabel for="inputEmail" styleClass="control-label">Email</apex:outputLabel>
                            <apex:input type="email" styleClass="form-control" id="inputEmail" html-placeholder="Email" html-data-error="The email address is invalid" required="true">
                            </apex:input>
                            <div class="help-block with-errors"></div>
                          </div>

<div class="form-group">
                        <button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary">Submit</button>
                      </div>

• November 06, 2015
I have a custom object House__c with a lookup field which is another custom object and it's called House_Address__c and it is from custom object of Address__c.

I am using standard controller for House__c and recordsetvar houses in my visualforce page, but this is not working to display the Zipcode__c from the Address__c object.

Do I need to extend the controller and add code to do this? If yes, please share some instructions/tutorials for the solution. Thanks!

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!houses}" var="item">
            <apex:column value="{!item.House_Name__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!item.House_Address__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!item.House_Address__c.Zip__c}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>

• October 08, 2015
I have a form with a radio button and based on the selection of the button I would like to toggle divs. The id of the radio buttons are ending with :0 and :1, so I cannot use partial selector. What is the work around for this and what is the best way in general? I am a jquery user but very new to SF. Thanks.

<script type="text/javascript">
        var j$ = jQuery.noConflict();
        j$(document).ready(function(){
            j$('input[id$=contactMethod:0]').change(function(){
                   //do something
            });
        });

</script>
<apex:form>
        <apex:selectRadio layout="pageDirection"  id="contactMethod" >
            <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Address" itemValue="a"/>
            <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Phone Number" itemValue="f"/>           
        </apex:selectRadio>  
        <div id="phone">
            Phone: <input type="text"/>
        </div>
        <div id="address">
            Address: <input type="text"/>
        </div>
    </apex:form>
  • October 07, 2015
I have a custom object House__c with a lookup field which is another custom object and it's called House_Address__c and it is from custom object of Address__c.

I am using standard controller for House__c and recordsetvar houses in my visualforce page, but this is not working to display the Zipcode__c from the Address__c object.

Do I need to extend the controller and add code to do this? If yes, please share some instructions/tutorials for the solution. Thanks!

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!houses}" var="item">
            <apex:column value="{!item.House_Name__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!item.House_Address__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!item.House_Address__c.Zip__c}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>

• October 08, 2015
I have a form with a radio button and based on the selection of the button I would like to toggle divs. The id of the radio buttons are ending with :0 and :1, so I cannot use partial selector. What is the work around for this and what is the best way in general? I am a jquery user but very new to SF. Thanks.

<script type="text/javascript">
        var j$ = jQuery.noConflict();
        j$(document).ready(function(){
            j$('input[id$=contactMethod:0]').change(function(){
                   //do something
            });
        });

</script>
<apex:form>
        <apex:selectRadio layout="pageDirection"  id="contactMethod" >
            <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Address" itemValue="a"/>
            <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Phone Number" itemValue="f"/>           
        </apex:selectRadio>  
        <div id="phone">
            Phone: <input type="text"/>
        </div>
        <div id="address">
            Address: <input type="text"/>
        </div>
    </apex:form>
  • October 07, 2015