• 60 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to better understand how field level security works with fields being required through page layouts. It seems there are 4 ways, you can make a field required:
1. When you create the field, you can tick the box to make it required
2. Through the page layout by clicking on the spanner/wrench next to the field
3.  Go to the object - Fields, click on the field name (not edit or del) and you can select "required"
4.  Go to Security Controls | Field accessiblilty, select the object, then the field and then you can edit through field access
What's confusing to me is field level security makes me think this is what you would use to make a field required, but it only allows you to select 'Visible' or 'Read'.

This came from trying to answer this question:
A custom field is made Read only from the Field level security and Required from Page layout. The Field will be?  
A. Read Only for the User

B. Required for the User
C. Throws an error and don’t allow to make Read only field Mandatory from page layout
D. User is given a choice in a pop-up window

The Quiz gave the answer as A, but I tested it and find the answer is B.
Would appreciate any input on whether i'm understanding all this accurately - thank you!
Can you set up validation rules for web to lead imports?  I
I've looked up the documentation for each type of chart in SF help, and it seems to me that all four answers are correct. Would appreciate any support anyone can give in understanding the answer to this question - thank you!
Which chart type can be used to display summary values from two different levels of grouping in a report? Choose 2 answers.
- stacked bar chart
- grouped line chart
- funnel chart
- donut chart
Is there a way with cloud scheduler to have more than 5 options? Ideally, I'd like to just have an open calendar with pre-selected time slots (8-5pm PST) and they can just choose any time that works for them.  Is anything like that possible?  Thanks for your help.
Would appreciate any help with creating a custom field for a start time for a meeting?  Field would be start time and they should be able to enter 7pm or 10am etc.  Wondering if there's a way to create some sort of 'time field' or whether a text field is the best option?
I created a custom app, but it only has a few of the standard fields. I'd like to have other standard fields like, address, phone, email etc.  Is there a way to add standard fields or do I have to create custom fields that would mimic the standard fields?  appreciate any help with this.
Can someone give advise on where in Trailhead to go to learn more about how log a call, tasks, activities, events, reminders etc. work together? Thanks.
When I'm creating reports, there is often a glitch where it suddenly switches back to the previous page (Create new report). This has happened to me multiple times and you have to start creating the report again.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there is any solution?
I'm trying to better understand how field level security works with fields being required through page layouts. It seems there are 4 ways, you can make a field required:
1. When you create the field, you can tick the box to make it required
2. Through the page layout by clicking on the spanner/wrench next to the field
3.  Go to the object - Fields, click on the field name (not edit or del) and you can select "required"
4.  Go to Security Controls | Field accessiblilty, select the object, then the field and then you can edit through field access
What's confusing to me is field level security makes me think this is what you would use to make a field required, but it only allows you to select 'Visible' or 'Read'.

This came from trying to answer this question:
A custom field is made Read only from the Field level security and Required from Page layout. The Field will be?  
A. Read Only for the User

B. Required for the User
C. Throws an error and don’t allow to make Read only field Mandatory from page layout
D. User is given a choice in a pop-up window

The Quiz gave the answer as A, but I tested it and find the answer is B.
Would appreciate any input on whether i'm understanding all this accurately - thank you!
I've looked up the documentation for each type of chart in SF help, and it seems to me that all four answers are correct. Would appreciate any support anyone can give in understanding the answer to this question - thank you!
Which chart type can be used to display summary values from two different levels of grouping in a report? Choose 2 answers.
- stacked bar chart
- grouped line chart
- funnel chart
- donut chart
Would appreciate any help with creating a custom field for a start time for a meeting?  Field would be start time and they should be able to enter 7pm or 10am etc.  Wondering if there's a way to create some sort of 'time field' or whether a text field is the best option?

This is the trailhead challenge I'm working on.
Create a report of Opportunities grouped by Type. Then follow the dashboard and share a snapshot on Chatter.
Name the report 'Opportunities by Type' and save it to the 'Unfiled Public Reports' folder.
The report must be of type Opportunities.
The report format must be a Summary report.
The report must be grouped by 'Type'.
The date range should be for All Time.
You can include any columns you like, but must include 'Amount' as one of the columns.
Create a dashboard named 'Opportunities Dashboard' and save it to the 'My Personal Dashboards' folder.
Create a dashboard component on the dashboard using the report you just created.
Set the header to 'Opptys by Type' and the title to 'For all time' for the dashboard component.
Use the horizontal bar chart dashboard component, and ensure the record count is displayed on the x-axis.
Follow the 'Opportunities Dashboard' dashboard in Chatter. Make sure that Feed Tracking is enabled for Dashboards first.
Post a snapshot of the 'Opptys by Type' dashboard component to Dashboard Chatter feed.

But I'm getting the following error when I check if the challenge has been completed
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The dashboard snapshot post to Chatter was not found.
Can someone hepl me?
If possible post the snapshots?