• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

As we all now, the default "My Tasks" list view on the Salesforce Classic home page doesn't allow customization of the columns. I put together a simple visualforce page with an enhanced listview to display a list view of tasks with the columns needed. In fact, this is the entire code of the page: 

<apex:page >
    <apex:enhancedList type="Activity" height="360" rowsPerPage="10" listid="00Bj0000003mMkE" />
</apex:page>

My only frustration at this point is that when a user clicks a link in the list view, specifically to open a related record, or even the task record itself by clicking on the subject, it opens in the embedded visualforce page. I understand why this happens, but is there a way to make the links navigate the parent page to the url instead of only the embedded page?
How is one supposed to review Logs in the developer console when the log list is constantly scrolling to one end of the list as realtime processes occur? Can you pause the logs from appearing in the list, can you stop it from scrolling, any other ideas?
I'm fairly new to lightning component development. I'm trying to combine the query results for two unrelated objects into one "object" so I can show it in something slick like a treegrid, or a nested aura iteration.

I've done the "easy" ones before, using apex to query contacts and get parent fields (in this case the account)

[SELECT Id, Name, Phone, Email, Account.Name FROM Contact]
As well as the other way, to query account and get fields from contact
[SELECT Id, Name, (SELECT Email, Phone FROM Contacts) FROM Account]

But this project is a little unique. One of the objects (or "parent" if this was an actual relationship) is tasks. I have my query to get the task records, that part works. The custom object that I want to show in a treegrid or aura iteration is not related to the task. This is the tricky part. It could be considered a "child" because this custom object has a regular text field populated with the task's record id.

Is there a way to easily query tasks for a certain criteria filter, and include/group records of this custom object under each task that have the task's id in the text field? I'm not familiar with a "wrapper class" but it seems that combines maps and objects or something and might do what I need it to. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Has anybody run into weird caching issues lately when developing a lightning component?

I started by making sure I was getting the record id correctly and pulling in fields from that record, starting with Name field. Got that to display in the component. Then changed to show a date field on that record instead of the name, that worked.

Now down to the nitty gritty. Added a couple <lightning:radiogroup> and started changing some of the attributes to see if I could get the second one to work as a multi select. Now, instead of showing any of the radio groups, the component shows 5 or 6 "saves" ago when when I had only the name field showing on the component. Refresh the page the component is on, now it shows the date field that I used 5 saves ago.

Keep refreshing and eventually the component updates and goes through the different saves I've done...even though I don't have that code showing in the component any longer. I've cleared cache in chrome but still really confused as to where this is coming from.
I have a visualforce page with a flow embeded in it. Part of this flow creates a task, and I wanted the flow to end on the new task created. I accomplished this by creating a page controller to get the task ID and I have the flow end on it. It works great.

However, inside this first flow, there is an option that, when selected, sends the user into a second flow. The second flow also creates a task. Is there a way I can program the controller to end on the task created by the second flow if they go into the second flow, but end on the first task if they don't end up going to the second flow?
I'd like to create a flow that our HR department can use for onboarding a new hire that creates a user account and configures settings such as assigning a managed package, setting a role, setting a profile, etc.

I haven't found a lot of information on this... is it even possible?
We constantly receive this error message for some of our flows and I'm not sure where to start with debugging it. The record ID referenced in the flow error email is always a record (not always the same one) that is a lookup field on one of the records to be created as part of the flow. Not really sure what info you folks need to assist me, let me know and I will post ASAP.
Hi Folks, I'm trying to create a visualforce page that is a list view of records (from another object) that are related to the parent object. The reason why I'm going the route of a visualforce page rather than the standard related list, is I would like users to be able to inline edit a field on the related record without navigating off the record detail page of the parent. I was able to get the list view into a visualforce page with inline editing working, but missing a few pieces to polish this up.

Is there a way I can specify which list view to show on the visualforce page and have it stick? If I go to the object and choose another listview from the drop down list, that listview shows on the visualforce page. Also, how do I specify a filter in the list view to only show records related to the parent?

I need to implement a workflow rule that checks off a box on the account if the value of Source (which is dependent on another field on another object) is Website Lead/Quote. If tried ISPICKVAL and I've tried fieldname = "Website Lead/Quote" but the checkbox still won't check whent he criteria evaluates to true. What am I missing?

I have a trigger in place that automatically creates a new task when a DocuSign envelope is completed. My problem is that on the "Created by" field for this task, it always says the task is created by one user -the salesforce user account that I used to connect DocuSign to Salesforce. What can I add to the trigger that updates the created by field with the user that sent the DocuSign envelope?
I am creating a Validation rule that a field cant be changed once a date is pasted unless you are a system admin, this all works except the ISCHANGED() section which wont work. Any help would be appreciated.
members__c is a number field and Start_Date__c is a date field.

AND(
$Profile.Name <> 'System Administrator',
ISCHANGED(Members__c),
Start_Date__c <= TODAY()
)
Hello, 

I'm wondering if there is a way to auto-populate the related to field on a task? The goal would be for any activity logged to an opportunity, the related to field should auto populate to the contact that is assoicated with the opportunity. This way, the activity rolls up to the related contact activity as well. 

Thanks!
The screenshot below shows that there is no ContentDocId, but the Decision still reads it as not null? I just want to perform an update afterwards, if the file has been uploaded. Thank you

User-added image
I am not able to edit Sandbox profile getting following errors.

Please fix the following:
You may not turn off permission Can use dashboards without same license type as running user for this License Type

Thanks,
Palani

I'm fairly new to lightning component development. I'm trying to combine the query results for two unrelated objects into one "object" so I can show it in something slick like a treegrid, or a nested aura iteration.

I've done the "easy" ones before, using apex to query contacts and get parent fields (in this case the account)

[SELECT Id, Name, Phone, Email, Account.Name FROM Contact]
As well as the other way, to query account and get fields from contact
[SELECT Id, Name, (SELECT Email, Phone FROM Contacts) FROM Account]

But this project is a little unique. One of the objects (or "parent" if this was an actual relationship) is tasks. I have my query to get the task records, that part works. The custom object that I want to show in a treegrid or aura iteration is not related to the task. This is the tricky part. It could be considered a "child" because this custom object has a regular text field populated with the task's record id.

Is there a way to easily query tasks for a certain criteria filter, and include/group records of this custom object under each task that have the task's id in the text field? I'm not familiar with a "wrapper class" but it seems that combines maps and objects or something and might do what I need it to. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I would like to send a dousign document from an external system but still want to track the docusign status and recipient status back in Sf. I configured the docusign& sf connection and tested it out, I see the docusign status come back to sf but is missing the account association, the signed docs are published back on the correct account but the Docusgin status which has an account and contact look up is missing,

Any direction on how to code to make the association?
  • November 27, 2018
Has anybody run into weird caching issues lately when developing a lightning component?

I started by making sure I was getting the record id correctly and pulling in fields from that record, starting with Name field. Got that to display in the component. Then changed to show a date field on that record instead of the name, that worked.

Now down to the nitty gritty. Added a couple <lightning:radiogroup> and started changing some of the attributes to see if I could get the second one to work as a multi select. Now, instead of showing any of the radio groups, the component shows 5 or 6 "saves" ago when when I had only the name field showing on the component. Refresh the page the component is on, now it shows the date field that I used 5 saves ago.

Keep refreshing and eventually the component updates and goes through the different saves I've done...even though I don't have that code showing in the component any longer. I've cleared cache in chrome but still really confused as to where this is coming from.
I am stuck on this trailhead. I followed all the steps but the Promote to Global Value Set button never appears. 
Looking for a developer to work remotely in the US as a contractor on an as needed basis. Lots of developer work to be done, mainly triggers and VF pages. If interested, please reply.
Hi,

Cannot save the Controller, please help.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/quickstart-lightning-components/steps/quickstart-lightning-components4
I'd like to create a flow that our HR department can use for onboarding a new hire that creates a user account and configures settings such as assigning a managed package, setting a role, setting a profile, etc.

I haven't found a lot of information on this... is it even possible?
We constantly receive this error message for some of our flows and I'm not sure where to start with debugging it. The record ID referenced in the flow error email is always a record (not always the same one) that is a lookup field on one of the records to be created as part of the flow. Not really sure what info you folks need to assist me, let me know and I will post ASAP.
Hi Folks, I'm trying to create a visualforce page that is a list view of records (from another object) that are related to the parent object. The reason why I'm going the route of a visualforce page rather than the standard related list, is I would like users to be able to inline edit a field on the related record without navigating off the record detail page of the parent. I was able to get the list view into a visualforce page with inline editing working, but missing a few pieces to polish this up.

Is there a way I can specify which list view to show on the visualforce page and have it stick? If I go to the object and choose another listview from the drop down list, that listview shows on the visualforce page. Also, how do I specify a filter in the list view to only show records related to the parent?

I need to implement a workflow rule that checks off a box on the account if the value of Source (which is dependent on another field on another object) is Website Lead/Quote. If tried ISPICKVAL and I've tried fieldname = "Website Lead/Quote" but the checkbox still won't check whent he criteria evaluates to true. What am I missing?