• 10 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, I am new to Apex (although been a salesforce admin for 5+ years) and hope someone can provide some guidance.

I have two use cases that have similarities:

1. When date field < today () and another field is > 0, update a third field.

2. When date field = today + one year and another field = specific value, create a record with specific values.

I can't do this with flow or process builder because the record will not necessary change to trigger a process builder update. 

I suspect I am doing an "after insert" and "after update". 

I suppose I will need to establish a set of records and a loop.to look for them.

I will use an "if" statement to specify my conditions. 

How do I tell the trigger when to run? It is possible to set them up on a schedule. For example, the first use case should run every night. The other use case should run daily. Do either of these requirements put unusual burden on SF limits?

Thanks for your help.

I understand that the Enterprise WSDL is strongly typed to our specific configuration. And I understand that changes to SF would require generating a new WSDL. What type of changes would require a new WSDL? I want to assume that only changes that are specific to the integration would require a new WSDL, but can't find any info to support that assumption in any of the online documentation.

I also understand that Enterprise is easier to work with than Partner. Would be interested in hearing opinions about that.
I am trying to display an alert with a visual force page when two picklist fields are null. Here is my code, which is not working:

<apex:page standardController="Lead" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(TEXT(Lead.Egg_Donor_Status__c)))} && {!NOT(ISNULL(TEXT(Lead.Sperm_Donor_Status__c)))} " >
 <script type="text/javascript">
     {
         window.alert("Please request that Client send a copy of their Donor Eligibility document.");
     }
 </script>

</apex:page>

I get the following error: 
Error: Donor_Eligibility_Paperwork_Alert line 1, column 96: Element type "apex:page" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>"
Error: Element type "apex:page" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

I am basing this code on a tip found here: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F000000097KLIAY 
I am trying to add a Lookup field for a custom object called "CB Order" to the Case object based on the Account. The CB Order object has the Account and the Contact as lookup fields. But the CB Order is a related list on the Account page. It was set-up as one (Account) to many (CB Order) but we don't use this functionality. In reality they have a one-to-one relationship.

How can I create an auto lookup relationship for the CB Order on the Case object using the Account?
Hello, I'm using VF with apex for an email template and an attached PDF. Works great. But now I need the attached PDF to save to the Notes & Attachment section of the record for a custom object.  Any ideas?
I'm integrating Pardot with a third party app and need to pass along a javascript variable to a hidden Pardot field. Its a shortcode that lets use track the original source of the link.
When a checkbox field is 'true' want to automate the sending of a docusign. I know all the logic can be included in javascript for a custom button. Can you do the same for process builder or workflow? Can you use javascript? Or is there another way to automate this process?
I'm on the old partner portal. How do you make sections collapsible? It works inside of SF, but in the partner portal I don't see a way to make the sections collapsible.
I am trying to use Process Building to update a date field on a custom object, based on the date field being updated on another custom object. Have tried several methods and they do not work.

By the way, right now we have a formula field to update the date field, and it works. But formula fields do not appear when in edit mode, so it is a major inconvenience to our customer support team.

I tried using Process as either "Conditions are met: when the field is changed" or when the "Formual evaluates to true, using the "ischanged" formula". Also tried to update the field from Obj 1 or from Obj 2 (since I have a formula field on Obj 2). Tried doing an update as a Reference and as a Formula But the process building will not update the date field on Obj 2 when the date field is changed on Obj 1.

Any suggestions?
I'm integrating Pardot with a third party app and need to pass along a javascript variable to a hidden Pardot field. Its a shortcode that lets use track the original source of the link.
When a checkbox field is 'true' want to automate the sending of a docusign. I know all the logic can be included in javascript for a custom button. Can you do the same for process builder or workflow? Can you use javascript? Or is there another way to automate this process?
Hello, I am new to Apex (although been a salesforce admin for 5+ years) and hope someone can provide some guidance.

I have two use cases that have similarities:

1. When date field < today () and another field is > 0, update a third field.

2. When date field = today + one year and another field = specific value, create a record with specific values.

I can't do this with flow or process builder because the record will not necessary change to trigger a process builder update. 

I suspect I am doing an "after insert" and "after update". 

I suppose I will need to establish a set of records and a loop.to look for them.

I will use an "if" statement to specify my conditions. 

How do I tell the trigger when to run? It is possible to set them up on a schedule. For example, the first use case should run every night. The other use case should run daily. Do either of these requirements put unusual burden on SF limits?

Thanks for your help.

I am trying to display an alert with a visual force page when two picklist fields are null. Here is my code, which is not working:

<apex:page standardController="Lead" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(TEXT(Lead.Egg_Donor_Status__c)))} && {!NOT(ISNULL(TEXT(Lead.Sperm_Donor_Status__c)))} " >
 <script type="text/javascript">
     {
         window.alert("Please request that Client send a copy of their Donor Eligibility document.");
     }
 </script>

</apex:page>

I get the following error: 
Error: Donor_Eligibility_Paperwork_Alert line 1, column 96: Element type "apex:page" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>"
Error: Element type "apex:page" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

I am basing this code on a tip found here: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F000000097KLIAY 
I am trying to use Process Building to update a date field on a custom object, based on the date field being updated on another custom object. Have tried several methods and they do not work.

By the way, right now we have a formula field to update the date field, and it works. But formula fields do not appear when in edit mode, so it is a major inconvenience to our customer support team.

I tried using Process as either "Conditions are met: when the field is changed" or when the "Formual evaluates to true, using the "ischanged" formula". Also tried to update the field from Obj 1 or from Obj 2 (since I have a formula field on Obj 2). Tried doing an update as a Reference and as a Formula But the process building will not update the date field on Obj 2 when the date field is changed on Obj 1.

Any suggestions?