• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have one custom object, in that I have one date field like "Valid date" with date datatype. Here whenever I insert one new record into that that "Valid date" field should update date like today's date + 90 days.

How to acheive this, can anyone help me out?
Thanks.
Hello,

What are the effects of changing a field from Date to Date time ?

Will it affect any trigger
  • June 21, 2016

Hi,

i have created a field called "Name" and now i need to add a not null validation to that field.

if i created a custom button called "save", if i click save button before inserting data to the Name field i need to get a validation message.

can anyone help me on this?

Hi...
i want to display only 5 Account records using custom controller after that if i click any record, it need to show the detail page of that account record..

Help me with the code...
Hi, I'm started with basic trailhead for developers and trying to understand concepts step-by-step. In order to complete one of my chanllege . I need to add two members to one profile where it has user license "salesforce" and allowed only one user to get add underneath. And as another profile didn't allowed to add the "salesforce" user license. Here i would need to understand that is anything  i missed to remove or salesforce will itself provide only one "salesforce" user license for every developer login?
Hi

I'm trying to imlement actionFunction in my vf page, but I'm unable to do. I'm unable to display the value of my prod variable.

Here is my code.

//VF Code
<apex:page controller="ExtPosition">
  <apex:form >
<apex:actionFunction action="{!productSearch}" name="productSearch" rerender="Outpano">  </apex:actionFunction>   
<apex:outputPanel id="Outpano"> <br/>
Here is another Text : {!prod}<apex:OutputText value="{!prod}" />
</apex:outputPanel>

</apex:form>
</apex:page>

//Function
public class ExtPosition{

public List<String> title {get;set;}
public String OutputString {get;set;}
public String EnterData {get;set;}
public String prod{get;set;}
List<Position__c> pos = new List<Position__c>([select Name,Position_title__c from Position__c]);

public ExtPosition()
{
   title = new List<String>();
   {
   For (Position__c p : pos)
   {
    title.add(p.Position_title__c);
   }

}
}

public void EnterData()
 {
    OutputString=EnterData;
 }

//List<String>
 public void productSearch()
 {
     prod='Arun';
 }   

}
I am using visualforce site, there I have a inputtext button which is binded to contact standard button "Birthdate". The date formate in Birthdate field field is MM/DD/YYYY. But when my visualforce site getting loaded it shows the format like "Fri May 20 00:00:00 GMT 2016". I want to show the date in MM/DD/YYYY format only. Please help.

Visualforce code is below:
<apex:inputText id="brhdate" size="10" value="{!contactEdit.Birthdate}"  html-readonly="true" onmouseover="initialiseCalendar(this, '{!$Component.brhdate}')" />

This is a inputText field so we can also enter value using calender. But it also should appear the value if it exist in that contact already.
My problem is while site is loaded, this field shows existing date in different format like "Fri May 20 00:00:00 GMT 2016". Please tell me how can I show the date in MM/DD/YYYY.

Thanks you in advance.

I am currently working on Beginner Developer Trailhead: Data Security: Define Sharing Rules - "Define a Public Group" section. I am stuctk at item no. 5 below. In the Available Members list, I DONT SEE SW Dev Manager, Director Product Management, or Director QA. Any direction is appreciated. Also, I don't see Recruiting Manger (item 7).

1. From Setup, enter Public Groups in the Quick Find box, then select Public Groups.
2. Click New.
The New Public Group page allows you to choose other public groups, individual roles, individual roles including the roles' subordinates, or individual users.
3. In the Label text box, enter Reviewers. Click in the Group Name text box to populate it automatically. Group Namerefers to the unique name used by the API and managed packages.
4. In the Search drop-down list, choose Roles.
5. In the Available Members list, select SW Dev Manager, Director Product Management, and Director QA, then clickAdd.
6. Go back up to the Search drop-down list, and this time choose Role and Subordinates.
7. In the Available Members list, select Recruiting Manager, and click Add.
8. Click Save.
Hi I am an admin, and I am new to Salesforce, I wanted to know if there is a Calendar compatiblitly program within Salesforce Classic? It would aid in my day to day meetings and events.
Hi,

I want to get community URL from apex class.
Is there anyway to get it?

I have been try the following, but I can't get absolute URL.

test -1- the following source only work when debug in developer console.
Network myNetwork = [SELECT Id FROM Network WHERE Name ='myCommunityName' ];
ConnectApi.Community  myCommunity = ConnectApi.Communities.getCommunity(myNetwork.id);
System.debug('MyDebug : ' + myCommunity.siteUrl);

test -2- the following result have extra word /login.
Network myNetwork = [SELECT Id FROM Network WHERE Name ='myCommunityName' ];
System.debug('MyDebug: ' + Network.getLoginUrl(myNetwork.id);
Hi,

I have one custom object, in that I have one date field like "Valid date" with date datatype. Here whenever I insert one new record into that that "Valid date" field should update date like today's date + 90 days.

How to acheive this, can anyone help me out?
Thanks.
Hello.

I'm trying to create a filter to add a Google Doc into the report.

How could I do this?
Hi, Please can anyone let me know if it is possible to update a record of same object in a single transaction using a before Trigger? I think it is not possible in a after trigger. Please can you let me know?

I have also tried this with the below test trigger and it throwed me an error.

trigger AccountTrigger on Account (Before insert)
{
    account a = new account();
    a.industry = 'Agriculture';
    Update(a);
}
Where do I go to enter the information required for the challenge?
Hi,
Iam beginner in salesforce,can anyone help me with soql. I need to get all sobjects and its feilds and store them in picklist.

Thanks
vineetha
Hello Everyone:

I am on a trailhea module for Accounts and Contact relationships.  I know the answer is probably in front of my face.  However, I am not seeingit.  Please help.

From the Greendot Media account record, use the Related Contacts related list to add a relationship with John Smith.
Unable to pass the challenge ‘Extending Reports Using the AppExchange’.

I’m able to complete entire challenge on this module, but when I submit the chellenge it gives me following error message: I know and I can see that my Pie Chart Wedges are name ‘Lead Source’ but I still get this error. What could be the issue? Is there anything else I can verify?

The 'LEAD Trend by Source' dashboard component does not have the wedges set to 'Lead Source'.
Hi Experts,

I am facing one issue. If I create a new lead, that time I am choosing the Campaign field lookup. Once I save the lead, the lead detail page I am not able to find the Campaign field in the Detail and Edit page. Is there any standard functionality for this. Please refer the below screenshot.

User-added image

Once I save the lead in the detail page I am not able to find the Campaign lookup in the lead page layout. Currently, I am using standard page layout.

User-added image

Please let me know how to resolve this issue,

Thanks
Please asssit. There is an Apex class in our Org from which is giving errors and we do not sure the Code anymore.

Please assist how can I deactivate this class?

Kind regards,
Isabel
the differnce b/w   force.com and communitys............?
How to update and delete the record using Triggers?
Im new for salesforce.
I have one custom object JobForm__c
i have two fields ApplicaneName__c,JobFormName(mandatory)
I have applicant name='renu'
i want arjun.
Hello,

What are the effects of changing a field from Date to Date time ?

Will it affect any trigger
  • June 21, 2016

Hi,

i have created a field called "Name" and now i need to add a not null validation to that field.

if i created a custom button called "save", if i click save button before inserting data to the Name field i need to get a validation message.

can anyone help me on this?