• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, i've been trying to get this table to work and i'm at the end of my rope here, still kinda new to salesforce...

I need to be able to change the quantity and that be reflected in the total, the problem is that i am unable to get the id value for the field and if i try to use $Component i cant get the quantity value either (i've tried every route combination possible).

Any idea how i should do this? thanks.

CODE: 

<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" controller="TheCont">

<apex:form id="frm">        

<apex:dataTable value="{!prchck}" var="p" id="tbl" rowClasses="odd,even" styleClass="tableClass">

<b><apex:facet name="caption">Please make sure the information is correct.</apex:facet></b>

<apex:column headerValue="Store">            
            <apex:outputfield value="{!p.name}"/>
        </apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Item">            
            <apex:outputfield value="{!p.tempitemname__c}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Price">            
            <apex:outputfield value="{!p.tempitemprice__c}"/>

<apex:column id="clm" headerValue="Quantity">            
            <apex:inputfield id="quant" value="{!p.tempitemquantity__c}" onkeypress="decrease()" style="width:25px"/>
            <apex:param value="{!p.id}" name="itemId" />

<apex:column headerValue="Total">  
            <apex:outputfield id="ttl" value="{!p.tempitemtotal__c}"/>

</apex:datatable>

<apex:inputhidden id="hdnselid" value="{!hiddnid}"/>   <-- i can alert this but is blank no matter where in the code i put this

</apex:form>

<script>

function decrease()

{
        alert('hi'); <-- shows up

var cor = document.getElementById("{!$Component.frm.tbl.clm.quant}").value;
        alert(cor); <--doesnt show up

}

</script>

I'm trying to copy records from one object to another, but, i only want to copy those that had a field modified by the user

as in: i have a list of one object with one field that is editable, the rest are just displaying as a normal table, once the user modifies that field that row(record) is updated with the new information for that field

now, whay i need is to get that row to be copied to another list for another object

as i said, i'm still getting used to this thing and what i've tried has given me errors like "System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object" or the row just wont get copied

ANY help will be greatly appreciated, thank you

I'm trying to copy records from one object to another, but, i only want to copy those that had a field modified by the user

as in: i have a list of one object with one field that is editable, the rest are just displaying as a normal table, once the user modifies that field that row(record) is updated with the new information for that field

now, whay i need is to get that row to be copied to another list for another object

as i said, i'm still getting used to this thing and what i've tried has given me errors like "System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object" or the row just wont get copied

ANY help will be greatly appreciated, thank you