• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I signed up for two developer editions about three months ago but today I received notification that it is about to expire.

Where can I find out the date?  It is well past thirty days, and I have a number of boxes but one tied to this email (where the message originated), so can I find out how to get the date?

Regards,

- Mike

User-added image
Hi: 

Very simple question here regarding the trailhead.  It should be a no brainer, but with the provided formula, I am getting the following error:

User-added image
I am a novice regarding formula's and replaced "Amount" with the API for the related field, but the same error came up. Can I get some assistance?

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/projects/flow_calculate/steps/flow_calculate_prep

- Mike 
Sorry folks.  

I have the same issue, but due to security issues with Firefox, I can not download it to my instance, so I am going to mark it as complete in my head and notes, as it did work exactly like Dan had indicated.

I tried it using Epic browser and Chrome.  Both did not work.
Hello:

I only have one system administration profile under the "Salesforce" profile.  The other profiles using the Saleforce profile do not have any users attached to them and they are the default ones:
  • Contract Manager
  • Marketing User
  • Read Only
  • Solution Manager
  • Standard User
I only have one profile, but when trying to create another one, I am not given the ability to choose the Salesforce profile (see below).

Can you let me know what I need to do?  I can not delete the current system administrator account.  I am using the free trailhead account so I think I am limited to two admin profiles, however I only have one used.

User-added image

User-added image

Hello:

I am going through the trailhead in the following area:
  • Admin Intermediate
  • Formulas and Validations
  • Creating Validation Rules
I have completed the reading and created the validation rule.  

Formulas can be created in many different ways.  However based on the work instructions, I created the formula as this:

Challenge Exercise Question:

To complete this challenge, add a validation rule which will block the insertion of a contact if the contact is related to an account and has a mailing postal code (which has the API Name MailingPostalCode) different from the account's shipping postal code (which has the API Name ShippingPostalCode).
  • Name the validation rule 'Contact must be in Account ZIP Code'.
  • A contact with a MailingPostalCode that has an account and does not match the associated Account ShippingPostalCode should return with a validation error and not be inserted.
  • The validation rule should ONLY apply to contact records with an associated account. Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MailingPostalCode value. (Hint: you can use the ISBLANK function for this check)
My Answer

AND( 
ISBLANK(MailingPostalCode) = FALSE, 
ISBLANK(Account.Name) = FALSE, 
Account.ShippingPostalCode <> MailingPostalCode 
)

User-added image
I tested it using the following cases:
  • Created a contact, linked it to an account (with a postal code), duplicated the postal code value in the required field in the contact object
    • The result:  The contact record was not allowed to be added and the message error appeared
  • Created a contact, did not link it to an account, created the contact and added a postal value in the required field
    • The result: The contact record was allowed to be created
Based on the testng, the formula works as indicated.  Can someone validate this or can I be pointed out what I did incorrectly.

Regards,

- Mike
Hello:

I only have one system administration profile under the "Salesforce" profile.  The other profiles using the Saleforce profile do not have any users attached to them and they are the default ones:
  • Contract Manager
  • Marketing User
  • Read Only
  • Solution Manager
  • Standard User
I only have one profile, but when trying to create another one, I am not given the ability to choose the Salesforce profile (see below).

Can you let me know what I need to do?  I can not delete the current system administrator account.  I am using the free trailhead account so I think I am limited to two admin profiles, however I only have one used.

User-added image

User-added image

Hello:

I am going through the trailhead in the following area:
  • Admin Intermediate
  • Formulas and Validations
  • Creating Validation Rules
I have completed the reading and created the validation rule.  

Formulas can be created in many different ways.  However based on the work instructions, I created the formula as this:

Challenge Exercise Question:

To complete this challenge, add a validation rule which will block the insertion of a contact if the contact is related to an account and has a mailing postal code (which has the API Name MailingPostalCode) different from the account's shipping postal code (which has the API Name ShippingPostalCode).
  • Name the validation rule 'Contact must be in Account ZIP Code'.
  • A contact with a MailingPostalCode that has an account and does not match the associated Account ShippingPostalCode should return with a validation error and not be inserted.
  • The validation rule should ONLY apply to contact records with an associated account. Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MailingPostalCode value. (Hint: you can use the ISBLANK function for this check)
My Answer

AND( 
ISBLANK(MailingPostalCode) = FALSE, 
ISBLANK(Account.Name) = FALSE, 
Account.ShippingPostalCode <> MailingPostalCode 
)

User-added image
I tested it using the following cases:
  • Created a contact, linked it to an account (with a postal code), duplicated the postal code value in the required field in the contact object
    • The result:  The contact record was not allowed to be added and the message error appeared
  • Created a contact, did not link it to an account, created the contact and added a postal value in the required field
    • The result: The contact record was allowed to be created
Based on the testng, the formula works as indicated.  Can someone validate this or can I be pointed out what I did incorrectly.

Regards,

- Mike
I am a  beginner : Not able to solve Trailhead challange for-Developer Beginner :Visualforce Basics-Displaying Records, Fields, and Tables-Create a Visualforce page which displays a variety of output fields
Create a page which displays a subset of Opportunity fields using apex:outputField components. Bind the Name, Amount, Close Date and Account Name fields to the apex:outputField components.
The page must be named 'OppView'.
It must reference the Opportunity standard controller.
It must have an apex:outputField component bound to the Opportunity Name.
It must have an apex:outputField component bound to the Opportunity Amount.
It must have an apex:outputField component bound to the Opportunity Close Date.
It must have an apex:outputField component bound to the Account Name of the Opportunity.

What I had tried is craeted OppView Page with below code:
<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" tabStyle="Opportunity">
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Opportunity Information">
           Opportunity Name <apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.name}"/>
           Opportunity Amount <apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.amount}"/>
           Opportunity Close Date. <apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.closeDate}"/>
           Opportunity Account Name   <apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.accountId}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

while checking challange got below error
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The page does not include a apex:outputField component bound to the opportunity account name.

Please suggest

Hello,

For opportunity,
How can i create different record types, sales process, etc.

Thanks
  • August 19, 2015

Hey community,

I'm struggling with the logic of the task...

To complete this challenge, add a validation rule which will block the insertion of a contact if the contact is related to an account and has a mailing postal code (which has the API Name MailingPostalCode) different from the account's shipping postal code (which has the API Name ShippingPostalCode).Name the validation rule 'Contact must be in Account ZIP Code'.

A contact with a MailingPostalCode that has an account and does not match the associated Account ShippingPostalCode should return with a validation error and not be inserted.

The validation rule should ONLY apply to contact records with an associated account. Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MailingPostalCode value. (Hint: you can use the ISBLANK function for this check)

Here is what I got so far:

AND(
 NOT(ISBLANK(MailingPostalCode)),
 MailingPostalCode  <>  Account.ShippingPostalCode )

I THINK I know how to see if the contact mailing zip is not the same as the account shipping zip, and only if the is not blank.

The part I am stuck on is if the "Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MaiilingPostalCode value"...

I don't know what to do with that.

Also, I am now getting the error message when I recheck challenge:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Contact_must_be_in_Account_ZIP_Code: [] 

Double help, please.