• AFTD

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are using SF with the NPSP.

We send out Thank-you emails for received donations using the Send an Email button on the Activity History Related List on the Opportunities page. We need to be able to set the reply-to address to a group inbox, so when recipients reply to the emails they do not go to the users inbox.

I would either like to pre-set the Reply-to address or add a Reply-to address field to the Email Message:Send and Email page layout.
I need to be able to remove the Setup->App Setup->Develop as well as the Setup->App Setup->Deploy options from the Setup menu for a certain User profile while still allowing that profile to access Setup->App Setup->Customize and Setup->App Setup->Create options. I can't find which Profile settings will do that for me.

Thanks!
I am trying to deploy new functionality to our production instance with a number of custome objects. One fo the objects has 2 master-detail fields as well as a Lookup field. When attempting to deploy using change sets I get the following error message related to the Lookup field:

Cannot set sharingModel to ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field

I cannot change the lookup field to a MasterDetail type and I cannot figure out how to change The sharingModel for that object, under the sharing settings it says "You cannot create sharing rules for this item." under the Sharing Rules section. 
I cannot, for the life of me find where I can customize the page layout for editing or creating a new account or contact record. Surrently there are fields on these pages, that are not relevent when creating a new record and many custom fields that are relevent are not on these pages.

Thanks,
Lynn
I have the following trigger on Contacts to send an email to one of our managers when a contact 'deactivated', however I don't know how to test the Messaging.SingleEmailMessage() code and my test covereage is not enough:

trigger InactiveNotificationTrigger on Contact (after update) {

for (Contact c : Trigger.new){

if(Trigger.oldMap.get(c.id).Record_Status__c == 'Active' && c.Record_Status__c == 'Inactive'){

List<ID> ModID = New List<ID>();
            ModID.add(c.LastModifiedById);
            string FullEmailTxt;

List<User> ModUser = [Select ID, name from user where ID in: ModID];
            for(integer i = 0 ; i < ModUser.size(); i++){
                string emailTxt1 = 'Dear Development and Communications Director, ';
                string emailtxt2 = 'The contact, '+c.FirstName+''+c.LastName+', has been marked inactive by '+ModUser[i].name+' on '+c.LastModifiedDate+'.'; 
                string emailTxt3 = 'To review the contact please follow the link: '+System.URL.getSalesforceBaseUrl().toExternalForm()+'/'+c.Id+'.'; 
                FullEmailTxt = emailTxt1+'\n'+'\n'+emailTxt2+'\n'+'\n'+emailTxt3+'\n'+'\n'+'Cheers!';
            }

List<User> DevComMng = [Select ID, email from user where Title = 'DevComm Director'];
// for testing only List<User> DevComMng = [Select ID, email from user where Name = 'System Administrator'];
            for(integer i = 0 ; i < DevComMng.size(); i++){

String[] toAddresses = new String[] {DevComMng[i].email};

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
                email.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
                email.setSenderDisplayName('Salesforce Administration');
                email.setSubject('Inactive Contact Allert');
                email.setBccSender(false);
                email.setPlainTextBody(FullEmailTxt);
                email.setSaveAsActivity(false);
                Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {email});

}

Note n = new note();
                n.ParentID = c.id; n.Title = 'Inactive Notification Sent'; n.body = FullEmailTxt;
            insert n;
        }
    }
}

Here the test code I have now:
@isTest
private class TestInactiveNotificationTrigger {

@isTest static void TestInactiveNotificationTrigger() {
        // Test data setup
        // Create a Board Campaign and assign and insert a current and former board member
        Contact con = new Contact(FirstName='Test',LastName='Contact');
        insert con;

con.Status__c = 'Inactive';
//        con.Inactive_Reason__c = 'Deceased';
        update con;

// Verify 
        // In this case the inserted contact record should have been updated as GRE Volunteer by the trigger,
        // so verify that we got back an empty search.
        List<ID> nID = New List<ID>();
        nID.add(con.id);
            List<Note> n = [SELECT id FROM Note WHERE ParentID in : nID];
            System.assert( (n.size() == 0), 'Notification Trigger failed.');

}
}
I am trying to create a new list button on opportunity where the user should be prompted to choose from 3 of our currently 7 opportunity record types.  I have to clue where to even begin solving this. My Button is currently defined as follows:

/006/e?
ent=Opportunity
&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}
&accid={!Account.Id}
&opp3={!Contact.Name} - Donation {!YEAR( TODAY() )}
&opp9={!TODAY()}
&opp11=Prospect ID

When the button is used it defaults to the master Record Type, but I want to design the button so it prompts the user to select the Record Type from a subset of types.

Any suggestions ideas are welcome. At a minimum I would like to at least have the user prompted to select any of the current record types.
I have written the following piece of batch apex code to be run nightly (using a scheduable class call). I have tested all the stage and date conditions seperately, but I cannot seem to get the class to work. I get no error messages on compilation or run time, but nothing ever happens (the calls for follow-up or email alert aren't invoked). I am drawing a blank an have stared at the code for too long, any help would be appreciated!

Cheers! 

global class UpdateOppstoDormant implements Database.Batchable<sObject>{

global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC){

String query = 'SELECT Id, StageName, CloseDate, NextActivityDate__c, LastActivityDate FROM Opportunity WHERE StageName !=\''+String.escapeSingleQuotes('Received')+'\'';
        return Database.getQueryLocator(query);

} //end query

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<Opportunity> scope){

List<ID> DormantProspectIDs = New List<ID>();
        List<ID> DormantRenewalIDs  = New List<ID>();

for(sObject s : scope){

Opportunity o = (Opportunity)s;

//check if opportunities are prospects
            if(o.Stagename == 'Prospect ID' || o.Stagename == 'Prospect Engaged'){

// check activity dates to establish Prospect dormancy
                if((o.LastActivityDate == NULL || o.LastActivityDate.daysBetween(date.today()) > 30) &&
                    (date.today().daysBetween(o.CloseDate) < 180) &&
                           (o.NextActivityDate__c == NULL || o.NextActivityDate__c < date.today()) ){

DormantProspectIDs.add(o.ID);

} //end activity date check
            } //end dormant prospects

//check if opportunities are renewals
            if(o.StageName == 'Renewal Potential' || o.StageName == 'Renewal Likely'){

// check activity dates to establish Renewal dormancy
                if((o.LastActivityDate == NULL || o.LastActivityDate.daysBetween(date.today()) > 90) &&
                (o.NextActivityDate__c == NULL || date.today().daysBetween(o.NextActivityDate__c) > 90) ){

DormantRenewalIDs.add(o.ID);

} //end dormant Renewals

}

//for Dormant Prospects
        List<Opportunity> DormantProspects = [SELECT id, OwnerID FROM Opportunity WHERE id in :DormantProspectIDs];

InactiveOpp.NewFollowUpTask(DormantProspects);
          InactiveOpp.OwnerEmailAllert(DormantProspects);

//for Dormant Renewals
        List<Opportunity> DormantRenewals = [SELECT id, OwnerID FROM Opportunity WHERE id in :DormantRenewalIDs];

InactiveOpp.RenewalFolloUpTask(DormantRenewals);
          InactiveOpp.PotentialRenewalDomantAllert(DormantRenewals);

} //end execute

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC){

} //end finish

} //end class

I am trying to create a new list button on opportunity where the user should be prompted to choose from 3 of our currently 7 opportunity record types.  I have to clue where to even begin solving this. My Button is currently defined as follows:

/006/e?
ent=Opportunity
&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}
&accid={!Account.Id}
&opp3={!Contact.Name} - Donation {!YEAR( TODAY() )}
&opp9={!TODAY()}
&opp11=Prospect ID

When the button is used it defaults to the master Record Type, but I want to design the button so it prompts the user to select the Record Type from a subset of types.

Any suggestions ideas are welcome. At a minimum I would like to at least have the user prompted to select any of the current record types.
I have written the following piece of batch apex code to be run nightly (using a scheduable class call). I have tested all the stage and date conditions seperately, but I cannot seem to get the class to work. I get no error messages on compilation or run time, but nothing ever happens (the calls for follow-up or email alert aren't invoked). I am drawing a blank an have stared at the code for too long, any help would be appreciated!

Cheers! 

global class UpdateOppstoDormant implements Database.Batchable<sObject>{

global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC){

String query = 'SELECT Id, StageName, CloseDate, NextActivityDate__c, LastActivityDate FROM Opportunity WHERE StageName !=\''+String.escapeSingleQuotes('Received')+'\'';
        return Database.getQueryLocator(query);

} //end query

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<Opportunity> scope){

List<ID> DormantProspectIDs = New List<ID>();
        List<ID> DormantRenewalIDs  = New List<ID>();

for(sObject s : scope){

Opportunity o = (Opportunity)s;

//check if opportunities are prospects
            if(o.Stagename == 'Prospect ID' || o.Stagename == 'Prospect Engaged'){

// check activity dates to establish Prospect dormancy
                if((o.LastActivityDate == NULL || o.LastActivityDate.daysBetween(date.today()) > 30) &&
                    (date.today().daysBetween(o.CloseDate) < 180) &&
                           (o.NextActivityDate__c == NULL || o.NextActivityDate__c < date.today()) ){

DormantProspectIDs.add(o.ID);

} //end dormant prospects

//check if opportunities are renewals
            if(o.StageName == 'Renewal Potential' || o.StageName == 'Renewal Likely'){

// check activity dates to establish Renewal dormancy
                if((o.LastActivityDate == NULL || o.LastActivityDate.daysBetween(date.today()) > 90) &&
                (o.NextActivityDate__c == NULL || date.today().daysBetween(o.NextActivityDate__c) > 90) ){

DormantRenewalIDs.add(o.ID);

} //end dormant Renewals

}

//for Dormant Prospects
        List<Opportunity> DormantProspects = [SELECT id, OwnerID FROM Opportunity WHERE id in :DormantProspectIDs];

InactiveOpp.NewFollowUpTask(DormantProspects);
          InactiveOpp.OwnerEmailAllert(DormantProspects);

//for Dormant Renewals
        List<Opportunity> DormantRenewals = [SELECT id, OwnerID FROM Opportunity WHERE id in :DormantRenewalIDs];

InactiveOpp.RenewalFolloUpTask(DormantRenewals);
          InactiveOpp.PotentialRenewalDomantAllert(DormantRenewals);

} //end execute

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC){

} //end finish

} //end class