• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Dear All

I have VF page and custom controller. My requirement was to open the page (so that end user can preview the agreement) and then system also save the pdf as attachment on account agaist which it was open. . All goes good ,except the pdf is always currupt . and cannot be opened. Not sure what is missing. 

My Controller :
public with sharing class EAgreementPDFController 
{
    private final Account account;
    private String pdfName;

public EAgreementPDFController()
    {   
        account = [SELECT Name,BillingStreet,BillingCity,BillingPostalCode,BillingCountry,E_Delivery_Contact_Signing_CP__c,E_Delivery_Pri_Invoice_Signing_CP__c,E_Delivery_Pri_Order_Confirma_Signing_CP__c,E_Delivery_Sec_Invoice_Signing_CP__c,E_Delivery_Sec_Order_Confirmation_CP__c FROM Account WHERE id =:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id') LIMIT :(limits.getLimitQueryRows()-limits.getQueryRows())];

}

public void AttachAgreement()
    {
    	System.debug(LoggingLevel.FINEST,'Step1- Inside AttachAgreement');
    	 PageReference pdf = Page.EOrderConfirm_Invoice_GeneratedAgreement;
    	 Attachment attach = new Attachment();
    	 Blob body;
    	 try
    	 {
    	 	body = pdf.getContent();
    	 	//body = Blob.valueOf('Test 1233');
    	 }
    	 catch(VisualforceException e)
    	 {
    	 	body = Blob.valueOf('Error encountered while generating agreement. Contact Ecco customer care or your contact person for resolution.');
    	 }
    	 attach.Body = body;
	    // add the user entered name
	    attach.Name = 'Agreement for Edelivery of Invoices and Order Confirmation.pdf';
	    attach.IsPrivate = false;
	    // attach the pdf to the account
	    attach.ParentId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
	    insert attach;
    }

public Account getAccount() 
    {
        return account;
    }

public Contact getGeneral_Signature()
    {
    	System.debug(LoggingLevel.FINEST,'Step2- Inside getGeneral_Signature');
        return[Select FirstName,LastName,Title,Phone,Email from Contact where AccountId =:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id') and E_ApprovalConfirmationFlag__c=true LIMIT :(limits.getLimitQueryRows()-limits.getQueryRows()) ];
    }

public Contact getPri_Inv()
    {
        return[Select FirstName,LastName,Title,Phone,Email from Contact where AccountId =:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id') and E_Invoice_Flag__c=true LIMIT :(limits.getLimitQueryRows()-limits.getQueryRows()) ];
    }

public Contact getSec_Inv()
    {
        return[Select FirstName,LastName,Title,Phone,Email from Contact where AccountId =:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id') and Secondary_E_Invoice_Email_Flag__c=true LIMIT :(limits.getLimitQueryRows()-limits.getQueryRows()) ];
    }

public Contact getPri_OC()
    {
        return[Select FirstName,LastName,Title,Phone,Email from Contact where AccountId =:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id') and E_Order_Confirmation_Flag__c=true LIMIT :(limits.getLimitQueryRows()-limits.getQueryRows()) ];
    }

public Contact getSec_OC()
    {
        return[Select FirstName,LastName,Title,Phone,Email from Contact where AccountId =:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id') and Secondary_E_Order_Confirmation_Email__c=true LIMIT :(limits.getLimitQueryRows()-limits.getQueryRows()) ];
    }
}

and my VF page is :
<apex:page controller="EAgreementPDFController" sidebar="False" renderAs="pdf" showHeader="false" id="AgreementPDF_page" cache="false" action="{!AttachAgreement}">
    <apex:includeScript value="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.2.4/jquery.min.js"/>
    <apex:includeScript value="https://code.jquery.com/ui/1.12.0-rc.2/jquery-ui.min.js"/>
    <apex:stylesheet value="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.15/themes/ui-lightness/jquery-ui.css" />

<apex:form id="form1">
    	<html>
    		<head>
    			<title></title>
                <link rel="stylesheet" href="{!URLFOR($Resource.stylezip)}" />
                <style>
                	body
                	{
                		background:#f7f7f7;
                		height: 1000px;
                	}
                    .topbar1234 
                    {
                            background: #aabccf url('{!$Resource.TopBanner}') repeat-x;
                            height:42px;
                            width:100%;
                            padding-left:50px;
                            padding-top:10px;
                    }                   
                </style>
    		</head>
    		<body>

<br/>
    			<br/>
    			<br/>

<h3>Subject : Agreement for Invoice and Order Confirmation Delivery by Email</h3>

<br/>
    			<br/>
    			<p>I ,  here by confirm that I on behalf of my employer mentioned below:</p>
    			<p>

<apex:outputText value="{!account.Name}"/><br/>
    						<apex:outputText value="{!account.BillingStreet}"/><br/>
    						<apex:outputText value="{!account.BillingCity}"/><br/>
    						<apex:outputText value="{!account.BillingPostalCode}"/><br/>
    						<apex:outputText value="{!account.BillingCountry}"/><br/>

</p>
				<p>to approve change in the way of Invoice and Order Confirmation delivery. I approve on behalf of my company that we would like to receive Invocie and Order confirmation by emails and pdf attachemnt, instead of printed copy delivered by postal service. </p>
				<p>For the same, I nominate following collegues are : </p>
				<ul type="circle">
					<li><b><apex:outputText value="{!Pri_Inv.FirstName} {!Pri_Inv.LastName}"/></b>&nbsp;(<apex:outputText value="{!Pri_Inv.Title}"/>)would be "Primary Invoice Receiver" and can be reach at &nbsp;<apex:outputText value="{!Pri_Inv.Email}"/>.<br/></li>
					<li><b><apex:outputText value="{!Sec_Inv.FirstName} {!Sec_Inv.LastName}"/></b>&nbsp;(<apex:outputText value="{!Sec_Inv.Title}"/>) would be "Secondary Invoice Receiver" and can be reach at  &nbsp;<apex:outputText value="{!Sec_Inv.Email}"/>.<br/></li>
					<li><b><apex:outputText value="{!Pri_OC.FirstName} {!Pri_OC.LastName}"/></b>&nbsp;(<apex:outputText value="{!Pri_OC.Title}"/>) would be "Primary Order Confirmation Receiver" and can be reach at  &nbsp;<apex:outputText value="{!Pri_OC.Email}"/>.<br/></li>
					<li><b><apex:outputText value="{!Sec_OC.FirstName} {!Sec_OC.LastName}"/></b>&nbsp;(<apex:outputText value="{!Sec_OC.Title}"/>) would be "Secondary Order Confirmation Receiver" and can be reach at  &nbsp;<apex:outputText value="{!Sec_OC.Email}"/>.<br/></li>
				</ul>

Your Sincerely<br/>
				<b><apex:outputText value="{!General_Signature.FirstName} {!General_Signature.LastName}"/> </b>
				<b><apex:outputText value="{!General_Signature.Title}"/> </b>

</body>  
    	</html>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

The whole flow is 

1. Landing page (which is not included above), has a checkbox. On checking the checkbox , from jquery i open the above VF page. In URL i have passed accountid (which works ok)
2. Then the above VF and Controller works

My requirement are 
1. PDF should open for preview --> which open as expected. 
2. PDF should be attached to account --> Which also happens , however when i try to open the attachd PDF , its say that the PDF is currupt. 

thus need you help to spot whats going wrong. 

thanks 
S
I'm going through this trail and I have gotten stuck on the Handle acitons with controllers module in the first section in the intermeidate developer trail. I am stuck onthe chalange for this module. The error i have not been able to get past is this: The campingListItem Lightning Component doesn't contain a button or its attributes are not set correctly when clicked.
I know the code i have now is not perfect, i have been messing with it trying everything i can think of for hours now. at this point this is what i have:
<aura:component >
    <aura:attribute name="item" type="Camping_Item__c" />

<aura:attribute name="buttonDisabled" type="String" default="false"/>

<ui:outputText value="{! v.item.name}"  />
     <ui:outputCheckbox value="{!v.item.Packed__c}"/>
     <ui:outputCurrency value="{!v.item.Price__c}"/>
     <ui:outputNumber value="{! v.item.Quantity__c}"  />
    <ui:button  label="Mark as packed" press="{!c.packItem}" disabled="{! v.buttonDisabled}" />

</aura:component>

and JS of
({
 packItem  : function(component, event, helper) {
      //component.set("v.item.Packed__c", true);      

component.set("v.buttonDisabled", "true");         
 }
})

the one line is commented out because i was trying to just focus and get past this one error.
I just can't seem to figure out how the challenge want me to disable the button. very frustrating when the module doesn't give an example of how to do this and the challenge expects you to figure it out. I've looked at all the additional resources for the module and looked in forms and google, and i guess this is my last hope. otherwise I guess I'll have to skip this challenge...
Thanks for any help.