• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

Need to add Custom fields from Tasks Objects onto the Email Page once clicked on the Send Email Button.

Has anyone customized the Send email page? Is a VF Page and Custom controller the only option? Appreciate any help or Link to a similar peice of customization on this.

I have tried using window.location = '/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid=' + cont_result[0].Id + '&rtype=003&p3_lkid={!Account.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Account.Id}&template_id=00XN0000000QfDy'; but this allows only the Body of the email to be customized.

Where as I want Two Custom fields to be shown and allowed to pick values from the Email Page before sending.

• January 10, 2016
Hi All, 

I am trying populate the URL with Values for What ID and Who ID. but it is not populating on the custom VF Page. 

below is the URL I have constructed.
https://c.cs6.visual.force.com/apex/HCPTasksVFPage?accid=001N000000XZuVZIA1&ent=Task&ownerid=005N00000023EKyIAM&RecordType=012N00000000b70&retURL=%2F001N000000XZuVZIA1&whatId=001N000000XZuVZIA1&whoId=001N000000XZuVZIA1

This page load but does not populate the Account(Related To) and Name on the New Task Page.

If anyone has come across such an issue, please let me know the solution for this. Do I need to populate any other fields for the Related To & Name on the screen?
  • November 30, 2015
Hi All,

I need to override the Task PageLayouts based on the Profile and Record Type.

But everytime Task Record is saved, Type of the record defaults to the default record type of the Profile of the user instead of redirecting it to the HCP record type.

Is there a way to override it? in Logs it show the correct 2nd Record Type(HCP) to be present on the record initially once the Page is redirected to Create the record.
But on Saving the record, its record type automatically gets changed to the default record type on the User Profile.

I have created two VF Pages and Extension Controller.

Has someone faced a similar issue and can you help me with this problem.
  • November 27, 2015
I am trying to ensure a Standard Log a Call functionality for a particular profile under the accounts activities related list "Log a Call" button. But I am not able to get paramters in the URLFOR. I am using the following parameters in the VF Page.

<apex:page standardController="Task"
    action="{!if(contains($Profile.Name,'Exclude Profile'), null, URLFOR($Action.Task.NewTask ,Task.Id, null , true))}" tabstyle="Task" extensions="taskExtension"> 
  • November 23, 2015
I am using the below sectin in VF page to render selectively based on Value of Opportunity Stage

<apex:pageBlockSection id="Stage_Details" title="Stage Details" >

<apex:repeat id="Opportunity_Stage_Fields" value="{!OpportunityStageFields}" var="f">
                     <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                         <apex:outputLabel id="fs_contract_type_label" value="{!$ObjectType.Opportunity.Fields[f].label}"/>
                         <apex:inputField id="fs_contract_type" value="{!sOpportunity[f]}">
                             <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" immediate="true" rerender="Stage_Details"  rendered="true"/>    
                         </apex:inputField>
                     </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>                                                                              
                 </apex:repeat><br/>

<apex:repeat id="Reason_Comments" value="{!OpportunityStageReasonFields}" var="f">

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem rendered="{!if(sOpportunity.stagename == 'Closed On Hold','true','false')}">
            <apex:outputLabel id="fs_Reason_label" value="{!$ObjectType.Opportunity.Fields[f].label}"/>
                         <apex:inputField id="fs_Reason" value="{!sOpportunity[f]}" rendered="{!if(sOpportunity.StageName == 'Closed On Hold','true','false')}"/>                        
                     </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>                                                                             
                 </apex:repeat>

</apex:pageBlockSection>

Below is the sections added in Controller

public List<Schema.FieldSetMember> getOpportunityStageFields() {
            return SObjectType.Opportunity.FieldSets.Opportunity_Stage.getFields();
    }

public List<Schema.FieldSetMember> getOpportunityStageReasonFields() {
            return SObjectType.Opportunity.FieldSets.Opportunity_Stage_Reason_Closed.getFields();
    }

Additionally have created two field sets 
1) Opportunity_Stage (field Opportunity Stage) 
2) Opportunity_Stage_Reason_Closed (Reason Closed & Reason Closed COmments)

Still once I change the status of the Field Opportunity Stage, if does not return with the Reason Closed & Reason Closed COmments fields.
  • November 10, 2015
Hi All,

Need to add Custom fields from Tasks Objects onto the Email Page once clicked on the Send Email Button.

Has anyone customized the Send email page? Is a VF Page and Custom controller the only option? Appreciate any help or Link to a similar peice of customization on this.

I have tried using window.location = '/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid=' + cont_result[0].Id + '&rtype=003&p3_lkid={!Account.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Account.Id}&template_id=00XN0000000QfDy'; but this allows only the Body of the email to be customized.

Where as I want Two Custom fields to be shown and allowed to pick values from the Email Page before sending.

• January 10, 2016
Hi All, 

I am trying populate the URL with Values for What ID and Who ID. but it is not populating on the custom VF Page. 

below is the URL I have constructed.
https://c.cs6.visual.force.com/apex/HCPTasksVFPage?accid=001N000000XZuVZIA1&ent=Task&ownerid=005N00000023EKyIAM&RecordType=012N00000000b70&retURL=%2F001N000000XZuVZIA1&whatId=001N000000XZuVZIA1&whoId=001N000000XZuVZIA1

This page load but does not populate the Account(Related To) and Name on the New Task Page.

If anyone has come across such an issue, please let me know the solution for this. Do I need to populate any other fields for the Related To & Name on the screen?
  • November 30, 2015
Hi All,

I need to override the Task PageLayouts based on the Profile and Record Type.

But everytime Task Record is saved, Type of the record defaults to the default record type of the Profile of the user instead of redirecting it to the HCP record type.

Is there a way to override it? in Logs it show the correct 2nd Record Type(HCP) to be present on the record initially once the Page is redirected to Create the record.
But on Saving the record, its record type automatically gets changed to the default record type on the User Profile.

I have created two VF Pages and Extension Controller.

Has someone faced a similar issue and can you help me with this problem.
  • November 27, 2015
I am trying to ensure a Standard Log a Call functionality for a particular profile under the accounts activities related list "Log a Call" button. But I am not able to get paramters in the URLFOR. I am using the following parameters in the VF Page.

<apex:page standardController="Task"
    action="{!if(contains($Profile.Name,'Exclude Profile'), null, URLFOR($Action.Task.NewTask ,Task.Id, null , true))}" tabstyle="Task" extensions="taskExtension"> 
  • November 23, 2015
Hello All,
 I have a requirement to upload an attachment through Visual Force Page.
 Attachment should reside in Custom Object.

On creation of record, user will fill some details and upload attachment from local machine.
 Details and Attachment should be captured as record in custom object.
 Please let me know for any sample code.

Thanks !
  • September 14, 2015

Added a custom button on the Case Record that opens a new email. How do I get it to populate the email subject and body? This is the link that I added to the button:

https://na14.salesforce.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?htmlBody=hello+world&p2_lkid={!Contact.Id}&rtype=003&p3_lkid={!Case.Id}&retURL=%{!Case.Id}

Alternatively, is there any way to pass in a string variable from the URL that populates the subject & body value?  Not interested in using SFDC's email templates, since they cannot be modified before sending.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hai All,

I have one requirement, can we the get the Task list in Visualforce page?????

I have tried a lot but i couldnt find out the solution.

Here is the code. Im getting error as List Controllers are supported for Task

public with sharing class TaskPagination {
private final Task t;

public TaskPagination(ApexPages.StandardSetController controller) {
this.c = (Task)controller.getRecord();
}
public ApexPages.StandardSetController TaskRecords{
get {
if(TaskRecords == null) {
return new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.getQueryLocator(
[SELECT t.ActivityDate, t.Status FROM Task t]));
}