• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

there is a report chat added on the page layout of a page.
I am not able to find out which report is it.

How can i get it ?
  • April 06, 2016
Hi All,
We have installed the Salesforce outlook connector for our users.
Outlook Connector provides a feature to create Leads from the connector Side Panel.
Is there a way we can customize the Salesforce fields which appear on the Side Panel?
We need to ensure we ask the users to enter the country field before entering leads and even need to show the Custom Fields.
Appreciate any help on this, as there are very little posts on the web highlight the New Lead feature from outlook connector.
Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Currently doing a mock exam for my Platform App Builder exam and the question and answer below is confusing to me:

User-added image

Where does it say on the referenced page explicitly that you can edit read-only fields via API's?

Link here: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_layoutoverview.htm

Any clarification on the question much appreciated.

Matt.
At the last step of importing leads to salesforce, I receive this error message: Error received - Inserted value too large for column: "BDR and Lead Owner name" {call sImportLookup.get_matching_leads_by_name(?,?,?,?,?,?)}

(I've replaced the BDRs and Lead owner name between the quotation marks - they are the same person). Can anyone help me out why I receive this message? My colleague doesn't encounter this problem. Is it due to roles or so??
Hi,

I'm posting to clarify the implications of the warning/notice we've just received:

"This is the FINAL reminder that the product team plans to end of life Desktop CTI End of Life on 3/1/2017."

Does this mean that any implementation based on Desktop CTI will stop working from 3/1/2017 onwards, and that we have to compulsory migrate to a solution based on Open CTI before this date?

Or is it that solutions based on Desktop CTI won't have support from Salesforce, but they'll continue working "as it is"?

Thanks and regards
Hello,

We are currently pushing the Saleforce for Outlook through Windows group policy to our users. This is working fine. We are also using SSO SAML with "My Domain". Since our users will need to manually adapt this on their Salesforce for Outlook, I would like to know how I can do this automatically?

So basically where do you store that setting in the local computer? Registry setting or config file?

Thanks
​Salim
<html>
<head><title>An internal server error has occurred</title></head>
<body>

<div style="display:none;" id="errorTitle">An internal server error has occurred</div>
<div style="display:none;" id="errorDesc">An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact <a href="https://help.salesforce.com/apex/hthome">Salesforce Support</a>. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. <br/><br/>Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!</div>
<table cellspacing=10>
<tr><td><span style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 12pt;">An internal server error has occurred</span></td></tr>
<tr><td>
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact <a href="https://help.salesforce.com/apex/hthome">Salesforce Support</a>. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. <br/><br/>Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!
<br><br>
Error ID: 974347146-18328 (925905458)
</td>
</tr>
<tr><td>
<br clear="all"><br><br>

</td></tr>
</table>

</td></tr>
</table>

</body>
</html>

In case you select an email in Outlook, the side panel shows you already the correct contact and account in the side bar.
When create a new case in the panel, you need to find and fill the account and contact person again. Is it possible that this can be defaulted automatically as the system knows the contact person already?
 .NET Framework 4.5.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer.

I get this message constantly when trying to install 3.1.1 of Salesforce for Outlook. 

I've removed the application and ran the pre-requisites installer again and keep on getting the same message.
Error ID: 1531681252-210245 (-2052217849)

Hello< I am geeting this error and when I look this up on boards it indicates a workflow issue. Not sure that this could possibly be the case in my instance. Also, when I called SF for help, the menu choices seemed to indicate my only recourse was to post here. I am unable to run my business without resolving this first and my third party development team say I have to be the one to contact SF to get an answer? HELP!?
Summer '16 is hitting sandboxes within weeks. Yet I can't find any release notes.  I sure would like to know what features are included.

Anyone know where the feature list is?
Hi,

Scenario is divide the standard contact and standard account object, such that I can split the data while saving.
I have created two record type, Membership_Contact for Contact object and Membership_Account for Account object.
I need to know what is Master Record and Record Type which is required while saving the record.
Also how can I come to know different record type after saving the data?

Thanks.
Hi Everyone,

Can a non admin user create a view that all users can see? Is it possible to implement ?

Regards,
Rajiv
  • April 13, 2016
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a field to populate correctly in my template.  I must use a Custom template (I'm left justifying the entire email, not centered email like SFDC does OOB.  I'm also making the email appear widescreeen like normal emails does.  I've already figured all of that part out.).  So this means I need to create my template via actual HTML code, not the WYSIWYG interface SFDC provides in the HTML email template editor.  

I'm simply trying to have the first name of the contact come up, so I can send out "personalized" emails to a broad group of people.  My current code looks like this:  </font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="color: black;"><font face="Arial, sans-serif">Hi {!Contact.FirstName},</font></span></p><font face="Arial, sans-serif">

When I test the email, it looks great, OTHER than coming up "Hi {!Contact.FirstName},".  My goal is to have it come up "Hi Bob," (Bob being replaced by whatever name is in the contact record I'm sending to).   My question: what specifically do I need to change in that line of code to have it pull the contact name from the SFDC record?  How do I get the merge to work? 

Thanks!!

Hello,

there is a report chat added on the page layout of a page.
I am not able to find out which report is it.

How can i get it ?
  • April 06, 2016
When adding an email from Outlook to Salesforce (w/o the Side Panel) and there's a duplicate email address in Salesforce (on the Lead and/or Contact), how does SF for Outlook determine which record to add the task too?
Greetings,

I am trying to configure Salesforce for Outlook plugin on my sandbox environment, but keep getting an error (can't connect to test.salesforce.com. Verify the URL and connection and try again). I've tried changing credentials, rolling back to old versions of the plugin, changing the URL to my sandbox instance (cs50.salesforce.com), among other suggestions from the community, but nothing seems to work.

Also, I can login to my DE normally, and configure it as expected. The problem is exclusive to my sandbox, and other people on my team have faced the same problem. 

Any ideas as to what the problem might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Guilherme
Hi,
I had a dev org which used my yahoo email as login ID. But I use my previous employer's email as contact email.
The problem comes up when I moved to another company. When i login to my DEV org, it asks for verification code which was sent to my previous employer's email. I contacted SFDC support and was told coming to this forum for help.
How to fix this problem?

Thanks,
David
Hi, I am trying to create a new email template in Salesforce to notify managers of new events created against a Lead. In creating a template I can only merge the WHOID however, I would like to have the lead name to show in the email

Can I use a formula feld in the event to do this? If so, how?

Thanks
Jay
Hi,
I have created a report and dash board with a name initially and deleted both of them later. Now I am getting below errot when I create a new report/dash board with the same name which was deleted.

"Error: This Dashboard Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name."

Please help me how to know whether the report/dashboard deleted perminanenly or not and where to view them if at all exist.

Thanks in advance!!
Hi,

I want to fire a workflow rule when the time periond 2016 to 2015, so how i can achieve this.

Please suggest.
example:   renewaldate= 01-13-2014( workflow not fired)
                renewaldate=01-15-2015(workflow fired)

Regards,
Raj

Hi,

I need to create chatter feed post to a private chatter group with @mention all members in the group in a single post. Any suggestions please? I am able to mention only single user in each post but unable to include all users@mention in a single post.

Kindly help!

Regards,
Animesh
Is there a way to update event layout in Salesforce1,availalble under navigation menu?