• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

We have some users who use both the classic view of Salesforce for some of the standard and custom objects and a console feed view when managing cases. We have an email alert when a case gets a new comment which has a link to the case. I can get the case to open and even enforce that it opens in the console view (some of the time they may not be using the console view) however, it doesnt quite open the case correctly. It looks like we are missing the side bars on the left.

The url is below, and I have included two screenshot examples
https://[instance].salesforce.com/console?tsid=[consoleappid]#[caseid]

Below: missing side bars. when clicking on the above link i get this.

Bad layout - missing side bars

Below: with sidebars (when clicking on the case from the case list i get this)

good

Is there any way to visually change the header background colour or something to quickly tell when we are logged into the UAT or DEV sandbox environements without looking for the small box at the top right of the page (or the url)? 

We are currently using classic view, and want to make this change so it is consistant across all Apps within SF
I have a visualforce page I want to be able to retreive and display come custom metadata values.

Ideally I want it so that based on the value that is selected in a picklist from the standard controler, it will display a custom field on the matching custom metadata record.

The use case for this is, that in an RMA record the support person will choose the return location from a picklist. What I want is depending on the location selected the correct address should be displayed on the page (which is being rendered as a PDF)

I dont really want to set up a custom object for the addresses, as they wont change all that often, and I also dont really want to hard code them into the page if possible either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I'm having trouble checking the "Customize How Records Get Approved with Approvals" unit in the Process Automation Module.

It comes up saying "Looks like something went wrong, please try again later."

Is anyone else having trouble with this?
I want to set up a trigger to populate a custom field with the email address of the Manager of the Owner of a Case. (if he exist)

I know I can do it with a formula on the custom field, however this is only works when the case is created. The case owner is going to change fairly regulary hence the need for a trigger (on case update). The second reason in need this as a trigger event is because we need the custom field to be a field type Email, so it can be used in our Milestone warnings (email alert)

I'm having trouble getting my case before insert trigger to fire when a new case is created via email to case.

I'm just wondering if that it doesnt fire for some reason when they come in via email to case?
Hi Everyone,

We have a requirement that community user should be able to view the case feed for email communications associated with case.
Somehow email case feeds are visible to community users in full copy sandbox but not in production.
We compared the two orgs but everything seems to be in sync. 

So far we have checked below items:
  1. Community user has access to the case.
  2. Emails involved have IsExternallyVisible = true.

But somehow the feedItem record for the email is only visible to internal users.

Please help me find out, what am I missing.

Is there any way to visually change the header background colour or something to quickly tell when we are logged into the UAT or DEV sandbox environements without looking for the small box at the top right of the page (or the url)? 

We are currently using classic view, and want to make this change so it is consistant across all Apps within SF
Hi,
I'm trying to finish the Approval Workflows Challenge and keep receiving the following error message, "Something went wrong, please try again later."  Is there anything that I can do to get past this error and get my final challenge done so I can earn my last badge for Trailhead Admin Intermediate?
I'm having trouble checking the "Customize How Records Get Approved with Approvals" unit in the Process Automation Module.

It comes up saying "Looks like something went wrong, please try again later."

Is anyone else having trouble with this?
Hello,

I'm having trouble checking the challenge, I've checked other discussions and I've done exactly what others have done to pass but everytime I click check challange it gives me this error message:

Looks like something went wrong, please try again later.

I've logged out of both Developer Edition and Trailhead acc, used another new Developer Edition to redo the challenge and it gives me the same message.
I want to set up a trigger to populate a custom field with the email address of the Manager of the Owner of a Case. (if he exist)

I know I can do it with a formula on the custom field, however this is only works when the case is created. The case owner is going to change fairly regulary hence the need for a trigger (on case update). The second reason in need this as a trigger event is because we need the custom field to be a field type Email, so it can be used in our Milestone warnings (email alert)

I'm having trouble getting my case before insert trigger to fire when a new case is created via email to case.

I'm just wondering if that it doesnt fire for some reason when they come in via email to case?
Hi Everyone,

We have a requirement that community user should be able to view the case feed for email communications associated with case.
Somehow email case feeds are visible to community users in full copy sandbox but not in production.
We compared the two orgs but everything seems to be in sync. 

So far we have checked below items:
  1. Community user has access to the case.
  2. Emails involved have IsExternallyVisible = true.

But somehow the feedItem record for the email is only visible to internal users.

Please help me find out, what am I missing.