• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

My team and I came up with a simple custom UI build of a seach bar and a visual force page for it. we want to develop a lightening component and make the search bar class methods aura enabled. Can any one assist with the design of the lightning component.

Public class searchbar{  
string keyword;
List<account>acts;
@AuraEnabled
Public string getkeyword(){
return keyword; }
@AuraEnabled
Public List<account> getacts(){
return acts; }  
Public void setkeyword(string s){
eyword = s;
}
 Public Pagereference search_now(){
acts= (List<account>) [Find :keyword IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Account(name, type, industry, phone, fax)][0]; return null;
}  
}    

VF Page markup:

<apex:page CONTROLLER="searchbar" sidebar="false" showHeader="false">
<apex:form > <apex:inputText value="{!keyword}"/> <apex:commandButton value="Search" action="{!search_now}"/>
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageblockTable value="{!acts}" var="a">
<apex:column value="{!a.Name}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.Type}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.Industry}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.Phone}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.Fax}"/>
</apex:pageblockTable>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Hello everyone,

I want opportunity owner to change from partner users to approving managers in salesforce after the opportnities have been approved. How do I establish a trigger to execute this dynamically??  ​

Thanks. 
Hi guys,
I have an urgent requirement. I want to create a check box on the case object and when this field is selected, the due date is 15 days from date selected (Today()+15).

How do I go about this requirement.
I installed Developer Hub Trial Org 64-bit Windows option.
I created a trial project with: 
     sfdx force:project:create -n geolocation

But, when I try to create the scratch org with:
      sfdx force:org:create -s -f config/project-scratch-def.json -a GeoAppScratch
I get this:
     ERROR running force:org:create: You do  not have access to the [scratchorgiinfo] object

I've tried several suggested fixes that I found when I searched for the above error. None has resolved the issue for me.
Hello, as from the title of my post I am having problems with some simple stuff, but I assume it's a problem with my companies connection or salesforce.

My playgrounds will get created, but when I go to launch them it comes up with "This page can't be displayed", and even after refreshing 5+ min down the road, nothing happens.

Also, during my sample data initialization. I would let it pend for about 5-10 min before I'd try to refresh the page, but it also wouldn't go through.
The internet at my company is a little slow today, but everything else seems to work fine, so I am not sure if it's a salesforce related issue or not.

Thanks for any insight.
Hi all,

My team and I came up with a simple custom UI build of a seach bar and a visual force page for it. we want to develop a lightening component and make the search bar class methods aura enabled. Can any one assist with the design of the lightning component.

Public class searchbar{  
string keyword;
List<account>acts;
@AuraEnabled
Public string getkeyword(){
return keyword; }
@AuraEnabled
Public List<account> getacts(){
return acts; }  
Public void setkeyword(string s){
eyword = s;
}
 Public Pagereference search_now(){
acts= (List<account>) [Find :keyword IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Account(name, type, industry, phone, fax)][0]; return null;
}  
}    

VF Page markup:

<apex:page CONTROLLER="searchbar" sidebar="false" showHeader="false">
<apex:form > <apex:inputText value="{!keyword}"/> <apex:commandButton value="Search" action="{!search_now}"/>
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageblockTable value="{!acts}" var="a">
<apex:column value="{!a.Name}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.Type}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.Industry}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.Phone}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.Fax}"/>
</apex:pageblockTable>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find an account named 'Blackbeards Grog Emporium' created from Workbench with the Description 'The finest grog in the seven seas.'

I have created it twice: (I have to use localhost/workbench MAMP due to my company security policy)
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

Hi Salesforce gurus, 
         I am in the unit named: "Discover Lightning Actions" in the challenge called: "Create a Lightning Action": This Challenge has the following statement: "To complete this challenge, you need to add a Lightning component to your org. Then use that component to create a Lightning action on the Account object. When the action’s button is clicked, it creates a new contact based on form input. To get started, install this package that contains the component bundle that you'll need to modify.
The Lightning component must be named quickContact.
Add the appropriate interfaces to the quickContact component. (Hint: there are two.)
Create a new action with Label Quick Contact and Name Quick_Contact on the Account object that invokes the quickContact component.
Add the action to the Account Layout page layout."

-> I have downloaded the package and installed it in my Developer account, as you can see in the picture below:

User-added image

When I try to create the new action in the account object throughout the section: Buttons, links, and actions in the object manager, I find that selecting Lightning Component from the Action type drop-down list the next field with the label: “Lightning Component” does not show any record and it should show quickContact.

User-added image

I was wondering if you could help me, and let me know the mistakes or the lack of steps that I could have missed in this challenge.
   Any comment will be helpful, and many thanks in advance.  

Carlos ALONSO-RODRÍGUEZ
E-mail: carlos.alonso.rodriguez1@gmail.com
Móvil: +34 666 16 05 48 
Web: https://es.linkedin.com/in/carlosalonsorodrigue
Blog: http://blogmisproyetosuniversitarios-carlos.blogspot.com.es/
Hello everyone,

I want opportunity owner to change from partner users to approving managers in salesforce after the opportnities have been approved. How do I establish a trigger to execute this dynamically??  ​

Thanks. 
Hi guys,
I have an urgent requirement. I want to create a check box on the case object and when this field is selected, the due date is 15 days from date selected (Today()+15).

How do I go about this requirement.
Challenge - Create a form to enter new items and display the list of items entered. To make our camping list look more appealing, change the campingHeader component to use the SLDS. Similar to the unit, style the Camping List H1 inside the slds-page-header. Modify the campingList component to contain an input form and an iteration of campingListItem components for displaying the items entered.
The component requires an attribute named items with the type of an array of camping item custom objects.
The component requires an attribute named newItem of type Camping_Item__c with default quantity and price values of 0.
The component displays the Name, Quantity, Price, and Packed form fields with the appropriate input component types and values from the newItem attribute.
The JavaScript controller checks to ensure that the Name, Quantity and Price values submitted are not null.
If the form is valid, the JavaScript controller pushes the newItem onto the array of existing items, triggers the notification that the items value provider has changed, and resets the newItem value provider with a blank sObjectType of Camping_Item__c.

My answer - 
<aura:component >
<aura:attribute name="items" type="Camping_Item__c[]"/>
<aura:attribute name="newitem" type="Camping_Item__c[]"  default="{ 'sobjectType': 'Camping_Item__c',
                   'Quantity__c'=0, 'Price__c'=0}"/>
 <p>Name:
        <ui:inputText value="{!v.newitem.name}"/>
    </p>    
  <p>Packed:
        <ui:inputCheckbox value="{!v.newitem.Packed__c}"/>

</p>    
  <p>Price:
        <ui:inputCurrency value="{!v.newitem.Price__c}"/>
    </p>
    <p>Quantity:
        <ui:inputNumber value="{!v.newitem.Quantity__c}"/>
    </p>
</aura:component>

Error -

The campingList component isn't iterating the array of 'items' and creating 'campingListItem' components.

Please share the correct solution.
Help Needed.

The 'Google Info' custom button was not found. Make sure that it is a Detail Page Button (not link) and that its added to the page layout. If you are still having problems, ensure that you are NOT using Record types for the Contact object. This challenge will not work with Record types so you will need to sign up for a new DE org and use that instead for this module.
Hello Communty

I am trying to complete this challenge:

To pass this challenge, create a custom button which opens a link to 'http://google.com?q=<CONTACT NAME>' - where <CONTACT NAME> is the current contact's name. Then add this button to the default 'Contact Layout'.
The custom button must be labeled 'Google Info' with the name 'Google_Info'.
The custom button must dynamically insert the contact's name using the appropriate merge field.
The custom button must be added to the 'Contact Layout' page layout.

But keep getting this error: 

The 'Google Info' custom button was not found. Hint: Make sure that it is a Detail Page Button (not link) and that its added to the page layout.

Please view the seenshot.

What am i doing wrong? Thanks for your help! User-added image
The 'Google Info' custom button does not appear to be linking to 'google.com' and passing the Contact's Name field.Error can't able to complete challange.
Hi all,

I'm stuck in the Apex Integration Services - Apex SOAP Callouts challenge with the following message "The Apex class 'ParkLocator' does not appear to be calling the SOAP endpoint.".

Could you please advise ?

I am following the guidelines from the Chatter guide and somehow I can't get the OAuth to work. 

It's not working from Java or curl.   Here is what I am doing:

mike$ curl --form client_id=3MVG9yZ.WNe6bxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxu5AjB4oT9kxi8SEhY --form client_secret=26542xxxxxxxxxxx78  --form grant_type=password --form username=xxxxxxxx@gmail.com --form password=xxxxxxx https://na11.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/token

What I am getting is:

{"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"authentication failure - Invalid Password"}

I double checked and I am getting into na11 with the right password.  Is there anything else I need to do?

Here are the settings in my remote access:

Applicationchatter

Callback URLhttps://na11.salesforce.com/ConnectTest/oauth/_callback /// temp one

No user approval required for users in this organizationNot Checked