• 75 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Developer forum, I am facing some issues with respect to click to dial functionality on a custom VF page, I did try and use 

<script src="/support/api/29.0/interaction.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

and

This is a column: <support:clickToDial number="{!r.Phone_Number__c}" entityId="{!r.id}"/>

but when I run the page it says click to dial disabled. when I hover over the phone icon on the VF page, Not sure what I am missing out here, Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. This is a inline VF page on another object standard detail page.

Thanks
Prady

Are the winners of the Salesforce trailhead contest announced that was supposed to end on 9  Feb 2017 ? Not sure if prizes are actually distributed. So asking this one. If announced, please share the winners list.
I am being shown an error on this mod, eventhough the flow/pb did as it was supposed to. Please advise. (I do not wish to open yet another dev org.)
User-added image
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Delete failed. First exception on row 0 with id 0013600000LcVd3AAF; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Cannot delete account with related opportunities.: []

Go this error while working on the first challenge under Apex Triggers in Developer Beginner Trailhead.

Create an Apex trigger for Account that matches Shipping Address Postal Code with Billing Address Postal Code based on a custom field.

And my solution for the same is as follows:

trigger AccountAddressTrigger on Account (before insert, before update){

for (Account a : Trigger.new) {
        if(a.BillingPostalCode != null && a.Match_Billing_Address__c == true){
            a.ShippingPostalCode = a.BillingPostalCode;
        }
    }

}

I am planning to take the 201, 211 and 401 certifications - does anyone know do the Trailhead modules align to these and if so which modules do you need to do for each certification?

Thanks all
Jim
Hi All , I have my exam scheduled tomorow and I am confused in the following questions . Please suggest me the correct answer.

1) In a recruiting application, all users should be able to see and edit all candidate records, but interviewers should NOT have access to the address of a candidate and should NOT be able to see the birth date of a candidate. How would a developer meet this requirement?
a. Set the organization wide default for candidates to Edit some fields
b. Set the organization wide defaults for candidates to Read-Only
c. Remove the Edit permission on candidate from the interviewer’s profile
d. Use field-level security to control access to the Address and Birth Date fields
Ans : d

2) A developer had added a custom object tab to an application
Which additional feature will become available by default for the object in the application? Choose 3 answers 
a. Create a new sidebar component
b. Custom reporting
c. Search
d. Quick create
e. Recent items
Ans : c,d,e

3) Universal containers would like to enforce a new policy for job offers. Any job offer with a salary greater than $50,000 is hiring manager. Any job offer with a salary greater than $100,000 is approved first by the hiring manager, then by the senior manager. After these approvals, all offers must finally be approved by the VP of HR. How would a developer meet this requirement?
a. Workflow
b. Parallel Approvers
c. Dynamic Approval Routing
d. Approval Processes
Ans : c

4) A custom object has an organization-wide default setting of private with Grant Access Using Hierarchies check box turned off. Which users can select the Sharing button on record for that object?
a. The record owner, a user shared to the record, any user above the record owner in the role hierarchy administrator profile
b. The record owner, a user above the record owner in the role hierarchy, and a user with the system
c. Only the record owner and a user with the System Administrator profile
d. The record owner, a user with the System Administrator profile, and a user shared to the record.
Ans : b

5) 25. Which developer tool can be used to create a data model? 
a. Schema Builder
b. Foce.com Data Loader
c. Application Data Model wizard d. Force.com IDE
Ans : a, d

6) The organization-wide default settings for Accounts is Private. A manger resides above a team in the role share some of the account data with the team.
Which feature can extend the viewing privileges of the team to allow them to see each other’s data? Choose 2 answers
a. Report Folder setting
b. Dashboard Running User
c. Report Running User
d. Dashboard Folder setting
Ans : b ,d

I completed the example and the challenge but it doesn't seem to be working 100% or I am missing something.

For the Example, if I create a tab for it is says

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Error is in expression '{!componentBody}' in component <apex:page> in component interview.apexc
when I go to the tab.

For the Challenge, if I create a tab and enter this information
First Name John
Last Name Smith
Company Name Misc Co
Opportunity Amount 100
Opportunity Stage Prospecting

It says
An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

Thanks.

Hi Developer forum, I am facing some issues with respect to click to dial functionality on a custom VF page, I did try and use 

<script src="/support/api/29.0/interaction.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

and

This is a column: <support:clickToDial number="{!r.Phone_Number__c}" entityId="{!r.id}"/>

but when I run the page it says click to dial disabled. when I hover over the phone icon on the VF page, Not sure what I am missing out here, Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. This is a inline VF page on another object standard detail page.

Thanks
Prady

The Footer of my pageblock table below is always aligning the data in footer to the left. Is there any way to center align it?

<apex:column style="text-align:center;">
<apex:facet name="header">NSY Quota</apex:facet>
<apex:outputText value="{0,number,###,###,###,###,###}">
<apex:param value="{!FinalMap[Grid].RepNSY_Quota}"/>
</apex:outputText>
<apex:facet name="footer"><apex:outputText value="{0, number,###,###,###,###,###}">
<apex:param value="{!FooterNSYQuota}"/>
</apex:outputText></apex:facet>
</apex:column>

• September 27, 2013

In Apex REST, regarding returning values, what's the difference between

[return leadList;]

and

[return JSON.serialize(leadList);]?

I'm seeing they serialize differently.

The former returns:

[{City"Fargo", FirstName"Test", LastName"McTesty", State"ND"}]

The latter returns:

[{"attributes":{"type":"Lead"},"State":"ND","FirstName":"Test","LastName":"McTesty","City":"Fargo"}]

The docs say: "An Apex method with a non-void return type will have the return value serialized into RestResponse.responseBody.", but what does this mean? What method of serialization is used?

So, it seems that if we use the JSON serializer, we'll get some extra information beyond just the fields I want to send. Why does the JSON serializer add the extra 'attributes' property? It seems this extra complexity means that we shouldn't use the JSON serializer for REST responses, sound right? My Javascript framework seems to be choking on the latter.

Or a better question: What serialization technique is used by the former, and why is it different from the latter?

*edit*

After testing a bit more with custom objects, not sObjects, it seems that the former method will resolve easily to JS Object by a JS client, while the latter method will resolve to a JSON string. 

• April 05, 2012

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in no user  should be able to delete the tasks or events. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks

Srikanth

could someone tell me (in English :) ) what the functional difference is between these two access modifiers?  from what I see, they both prevent access from outside classes, but what else?  what are the benefits of one vs. the other?

I want to convert DateTime Value to Date Value , Please help me out ????????????
When I try to verify the thanking customers portion of my trailhead challenge, I receive this error. 

There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: AYEXFWIH

I have tried a new developer additon and am stil seeing the same error. 
Are the winners of the Salesforce trailhead contest announced that was supposed to end on 9  Feb 2017 ? Not sure if prizes are actually distributed. So asking this one. If announced, please share the winners list.
I am being shown an error on this mod, eventhough the flow/pb did as it was supposed to. Please advise. (I do not wish to open yet another dev org.)
User-added image
 Hi All,

I am getting an exception 

USER_DEBUG [6]|DEBUG|System.DmlException: Upsert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>: []

when I am trying to insert an EntitySubscription  record

EntitySubscription en=new EntitySubscription(NetworkId = commId, SubscriberId = sid, ParentId = pid);
try{upsert en;}catch(Exception e){System.debug(e);}

I checked for duplicate records but there are no duplicate i could find in workbench

Thanks
Hi,
I have created a validation rule with 4 conditions:  If the lead status reaches stage 5 SQL, then I want to make sure the picklist fields Platform Type (Platform_Type__c) and Platform Sub-type ( Platform_Sub_Type__c) have picklist selections, as well as the rich text field Company Description ( Organization__c) has company information in the field.   I wrote this data validation rule:

And(ISPICKVAL( Status ,"5-SQL"), 
Or( 
ISBLANK(Organization__c),ISPICKVAL( Platform_Type__c,""), ISPICKVAL( Platform_Sub_Type__c,"") 
))

I have tested the rule on the picklist values and it is working correctly.   However, on the rich text field, the rule is being skipped and not working so I can save the lead as a Lead Status "5-SQL" with the company description having no data in the field.  Can anyone explain why this validation rule is skipping the ISBLANK logic?

Thank you in advance for your help.   I very much appreciate your advice.
Thank you!!!
On all standard accounts, contacts, leads, etc. there is a related list called "Notes & Attachments." I have been trying to figure out how to edit the list properties, but I can't find it anywhere within setup. 

I need to remove the "new note" button for all users except system admins. I still want to allow everyone to attach a file, just not have the ability to add a "note" since we use our system different to track activities and notes associated with any record.

The related list is not editable when I go into page layout - I can only delete the list from the layout altogether, which is not what I want to do. 

Can anyone please guide me as to how to find how to edit this list? I know it's a standard feature, but I need to control it.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I have created a vertical bar chart in visualforce page without any issues.  Now I would like to do the same with 'horizontal' orientation.

What changes do I need to make apart from changing the Orientation,xField,yField to make a vertical chart to horizontal one?

Below are the 2 codes and outputs.

VERTICAL

<apex:chart height="250" width="350" data="{!GenerateChart}"> 
            <apex:axis type="Numeric" position="left" fields="data" title="MT WON" />    
            <apex:axis type="Category" position="bottom" fields="name" title="Month"/>            
            <apex:barSeries orientation="vertical" axis="left" xField="name" yField="data" /> 
        </apex:chart>

HORIZONTAL
        <apex:chart height="250" width="350" data="{!GenerateChart}"> 
            <apex:axis type="Numeric" position="left" fields="data" title="MT WON" />    
            <apex:axis type="Category" position="bottom" fields="name" title="Month"/>            
            <apex:barSeries orientation="horizontal" axis="left" xField="data" yField="name" /> 
        </apex:chart>

The horizontal one is weird! 

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqj1o2.jpg

Let me know.  Thanks

The Footer of my pageblock table below is always aligning the data in footer to the left. Is there any way to center align it?

<apex:column style="text-align:center;">
<apex:facet name="header">NSY Quota</apex:facet>
<apex:outputText value="{0,number,###,###,###,###,###}">
<apex:param value="{!FinalMap[Grid].RepNSY_Quota}"/>
</apex:outputText>
<apex:facet name="footer"><apex:outputText value="{0, number,###,###,###,###,###}">
<apex:param value="{!FooterNSYQuota}"/>
</apex:outputText></apex:facet>
</apex:column>

• September 27, 2013

is there an easy way to refresh the navigation tab in service cloud console. I know we have push notifications setting we can configure. but I am looking for custom solution which can refresh the pinned left navigation from subtab on the right panel or any custom console components at the bottom of the console.

I'm just learning, so please bear with me.  I'm making a case-merge application.  The user selects cases to be merged and presses a list button.  This launches a VF page that displays the selected cases in an apex:pageBlockTable.

I would now like to add a number of summary columns to this table.  The summary columns show how many emails, tasks, attachments, etc.. each of the cases to be merged has.

In my VF page I have:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!SelectedCases}" var="item">

<apex:column value="{!item.CaseNumber}"/>

<apex:column value="{!item.Subject}"/>

...etc...

</apex:pageBlockTable>

In my class I have:

public Case[] getSelectedCases() {

Set<Id> selectedCaseIds = new Set<Id>();

for (SObject c : setCon.getSelected()) {

selectedCaseIds.add(c.Id);

}

SObject[] items = [SELECT c.Id, c.CaseNumber, c.Subject, c.Contact.Name, c.Account.Name, 

c.CreatedDate, c.Origin, c.LastModifiedDate FROM Case c WHERE Id IN :selectedCaseIds];

return items;

}

I now would like to add a number columns to my table that are the results of queries like:

SELECT count() FROM CaseComment cc WHERE cc.ParentId = EACH CASE ID IN THE ABOVE SET;

so my ultimate display shows

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!SelectedCases}" var="item">

<apex:column value="{!item.CaseNumber}"/>

<apex:column value="{!item.Subject}"/>

<apex:column value="{!item.CountOfCaseComments}" />

...etc...

</apex:pageBlockTable>

How do I make a 'custom' object that will be rendered in the pageBlockTable where I can add attributes from various sources?

Thanks!