• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi There,

Sounds small, but I think I'm missing something... I've got a very small and simple Visualforce page that adds the Trove file upload interface to a custom object - everything is working greatt (if you've not checked out Trove, it's well worth it if you're running o365!).  The problem is that the Visualforce page that you add to the page layout is changing the page title.  I used to have a page title that was the name of the custom object record, but since adding the Visualforce page (and removing the title attribute) I've lost the custom object record name from the page title and just have the site default.

Is there some way to revert to the original page title when I'm embedding a visualforce page?

Thanks,

Adam
Hi All,

I'm a bit new to SalesForce and am trying to learn the formula syntaxes through example, but am stuck on a particular problem.  I need to calculate the number of a given week day between two dates.  For example, the number of Mondays between a start date and an end date for a record. or the number of tuesdays.

Basically, I have an object that captures the times that the object occurs on a given day of the week through a text field for each day of the week.  I need to calculate the number of times the days with entries in them occur between the start date and end date of a record.

For example, record 1 has an entry for Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Record 2 has an entry for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

How can I count the number of occurrences between the start date and end date fields?

Thanks!

Adam
Hi There,

Sounds small, but I think I'm missing something... I've got a very small and simple Visualforce page that adds the Trove file upload interface to a custom object - everything is working greatt (if you've not checked out Trove, it's well worth it if you're running o365!).  The problem is that the Visualforce page that you add to the page layout is changing the page title.  I used to have a page title that was the name of the custom object record, but since adding the Visualforce page (and removing the title attribute) I've lost the custom object record name from the page title and just have the site default.

Is there some way to revert to the original page title when I'm embedding a visualforce page?

Thanks,

Adam
Hi,

trying to complete the challenge, I have the following error:
The "Customer Community User" for the contact "Edna Frank" is not created properly.

More info, hope this helps finding the problem:
The contact exist, in Admin > Users> User license is "Customer Portal Manager Standard", when I try to change it to "Customer community" i'm getting the error "cannot upgrade from or downgrade to LPU"
The contact is assigned to the account "Customers", there is a case associated to it, with Contact Name = Edna Frank
I created the Sharing Set Settings and configured the access (User:Account = Case:Account, Read/Write). The community is active.
Oddly enough, I cannot log in as Edna Frank.
If I'm trying to create a new user, I receive the following error: "Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
The account associated with this portal has no owner". The created account is "Customers" and I double checked, i'm the owner of this account.
I've received a message "Customers registration accountId parameter value is not valid."

Any idea or clues on how to solve this ?
Hi All,

I'm a bit new to SalesForce and am trying to learn the formula syntaxes through example, but am stuck on a particular problem.  I need to calculate the number of a given week day between two dates.  For example, the number of Mondays between a start date and an end date for a record. or the number of tuesdays.

Basically, I have an object that captures the times that the object occurs on a given day of the week through a text field for each day of the week.  I need to calculate the number of times the days with entries in them occur between the start date and end date of a record.

For example, record 1 has an entry for Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Record 2 has an entry for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

How can I count the number of occurrences between the start date and end date fields?

Thanks!

Adam
Hi Folks,

I have to calculate  the formula average number of cases recieved per hour? is there anyone could help me.

Thanks
Hello!

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a formula.

I need a formula that calculates the future date of a contract expiration.So the case goes like this:

Effective Date of contract year 1 = Service_Effective_Date__c
End date of contract year 1 = 12 months from Service_Effective_Date__c
Effective Date of contract year 2 = End date of Contract year 1 + 1 day
End Date of contract year 2 = 12 months from Effective Date of contract year 2
Effective Date of contract year 3 = End date of Contract year 2 + 1 day
End Date of contract year 3 = 12 months from Effective Date of contract year 3

Of course, I tried adding 365 days, but as you all know, that won't account for leap years and varying numbers of days in a month.

There is a contract term field which indicates the term in months of a contract if that would be easier to use.

Any help is appreciated.

Shannon

Hi all,

Our dashboard rely's on a custom field that add's product totals that we want to subtract from the dashboard total. We call this field 'subtracted values'. That field is made from custom field with a roll-up summary and filter criteria. The filter criteria included the product codes we want to exclude from the dashboard (opportunity) totals. This custom field relies on another custom field but we can not find where the root of this field is nor how to update it. Without being able to update it, it continues to pull old product codes from somewhere so we are not getting the correct sum's coming through onto the dashboard, therefore we can't product a working dashboard, which is a bit of a business critical issue. Salesforce premier support staff set this up with a staff member who has now left, yet the support staff are telling me they are not able to help retract the steps. I'm not sure how to explain it more clearly, but I'm happy to show someone if they think they know how to get to the bottom of it. Thanks!