• 95 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm using a formulas to verify if 2 fields have changed from specific values to specific values. When I applied it to 1 field it works. I'm having trouble verifying 2 fields in the formula. Can I please get help tweaking this formula below. I want that if both Status__c and Approval_Progres__cc are changed from New to Active/Approved:

AND( 
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(Status__c),'New'), 
ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "Active") && ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(Approval_Progress__c),'New'), 
ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "Approved"))
Trail head problem...

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Google Info' custom button does not appear to be linking to 'google.com' and passing the Contact's Name field.
I need some help setting up a "Sub-Administrator" profile. I am currently the administrator and want to give another individual access to certain tasks to take off some of my workload. The problem is, we have commissions calculated inside of the opportunities of Salesforce today. It is a formula that looks at margin and pulls in the expected commission for various different people, this new person cannot have access to this. I know that I can enable "Customize Application" to give him access to workflows/fields, however, I do not want him to see the formula on the various commission fields as he would then know how much some people are making. Is there anyway to hide the actual fields so he cannot see it in the Customize-Opportunities-Fields section? 
I would like to send salesforce opportunities to a website we are using for resource planning. Essentially, I want to take an opportunity when changed to "Closed Won" and send several fields to be populated on the website we use. I realize API will be needed to do this, however, I am new to this and am trying to figure my way through it. I have gone throught the basic steps to get connection using Eclipse and verified that I can receive information from Salesforce. However, I need help with how to write the program, where to write the program, and how to trigger the program. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
Hey Guys, 

Very new to the apex/custom controller world, in fact this is my first one. I am building a custom dashboard filled with VF pages that call a custom controller. The controller works as expected but I cannot deploy and more change sets to production because my code coverage is too low. I did not realize I have to build a test class in order to keep that code coverage from returning 0... Here is my custom controller, can someone help me understand how I would write a test class for this? Thanks!
public class retrieveBS {
    public String getEngineerName() {
        return 'Bob Smith';
     }

public List<Opportunity> getOpportunities() {
        return [Select Opportunity.Account.name, StageName, Name, Job_Num__c, Project_Sponsor__c, Project_Manager1__c, MHE_Engineer__c, MHE_Engineer2__c, SDS_Engineer__c, Software_Engineer__c, 
                SH_Assigned__c FROM Opportunity
                WHERE (Project_Sponsor__c = 'Bob Smith' OR Project_Manager1__c = 'Bob Smith' OR 
                MHE_Engineer__c = 'Bob Smith' OR MHE_Engineer2__c = 'Bob Smith' OR SDS_Engineer__c = 'Bob Smith' 
                OR Software_Engineer__c = 'Bob Smith') AND (StageName = 'Application Engineering' OR 
                StageName = 'Commitment to Buy' OR StageName = 'Closed Won') AND (Execution_Status__c = 'Active' OR
                Execution_Status__c = 'Implementation' OR (Proposal_Status__c = 'Active' AND RecordTypeID = '0121a000000RLqA'))
                limit 10];
     }
}

I am looking to re-size the width of my text area in my generated web-to-lead form. It currently shows 3 rows, which is fine, but the width is to small to type anything longer than a sentence in. This is my code. 

<h1><b>Contact</b> Us</h1>
<p><br /></p>
<style type="text/css">
label {
	line-height: 18px;
	font-weight: bold;
}
</style>

<form action="https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST">

<input type=hidden name="oid" value="00D1a000000KWEu">
<input type=hidden name="retURL" value="BLOCKED">
<input type="hidden" name="lead_source" id="lead_source" value="Contact Us">

<div class="ccms_form_element cfdiv_text">
<label for="first_name">First Name</label><input  id="first_name" maxlength="40" name="first_name" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="last_name">Last Name</label><input  id="last_name" maxlength="80" name="last_name" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="title">Title</label><input  id="title" maxlength="40" name="title" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="email">Email</label><input  id="email" maxlength="80" name="email" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="phone">Phone</label><input  id="phone" maxlength="40" name="phone" size="20" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="company">Company</label><input  id="company" maxlength="40" name="company" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="city">City</label><input  id="city" maxlength="40" name="city" size="20" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="state">State/Province</label><input  id="state" maxlength="20" name="state" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<p><br /></p>
<p>Comments:&nbsp<textarea  id="00N1a000008XVLh" name="00N1a000008XVLh"  rows="3" type="text" wrap="soft"></textarea><br></p>
</div>

<input type="submit" name="submit">
</div>

</form>
I am referring to the Comments text area. Does anyone know how to solve this? I have tried size="50" with no luck. 

Thanks
Hey guys, I am looking to create an executive summary that shows our monthly margin contribution - quota to give me a variance. Currently I have a matrix report, the columns are the months while the row is a group I have to use because of complicated margin capture methods. Essentially the top column will read: January | February | March etc.. Within these columns I want to have Total Amount (For that month), Total Margin Contribution (For that month), Quota (A pre-set amount that doesn't change by month), Y.T.D. Variance. Y.T.D. Variance would equal that months margin - quota. The next month would equal that months margin - quota + PREVIOUS MONTH. This is the hard part. Obviously January is easy to do, but then February is going to simply take Feb. Margin - Quota. I am not sure how to add in the previous month's variance in order to keep a running total. Any ideas? 
I need some help setting up a "Sub-Administrator" profile. I am currently the administrator and want to give another individual access to certain tasks to take off some of my workload. The problem is, we have commissions calculated inside of the opportunities of Salesforce today. It is a formula that looks at margin and pulls in the expected commission for various different people, this new person cannot have access to this. I know that I can enable "Customize Application" to give him access to workflows/fields, however, I do not want him to see the formula on the various commission fields as he would then know how much some people are making. Is there anyway to hide the actual fields so he cannot see it in the Customize-Opportunities-Fields section? 
Hey Guys, 

Very new to the apex/custom controller world, in fact this is my first one. I am building a custom dashboard filled with VF pages that call a custom controller. The controller works as expected but I cannot deploy and more change sets to production because my code coverage is too low. I did not realize I have to build a test class in order to keep that code coverage from returning 0... Here is my custom controller, can someone help me understand how I would write a test class for this? Thanks!
public class retrieveBS {
    public String getEngineerName() {
        return 'Bob Smith';
     }

public List<Opportunity> getOpportunities() {
        return [Select Opportunity.Account.name, StageName, Name, Job_Num__c, Project_Sponsor__c, Project_Manager1__c, MHE_Engineer__c, MHE_Engineer2__c, SDS_Engineer__c, Software_Engineer__c, 
                SH_Assigned__c FROM Opportunity
                WHERE (Project_Sponsor__c = 'Bob Smith' OR Project_Manager1__c = 'Bob Smith' OR 
                MHE_Engineer__c = 'Bob Smith' OR MHE_Engineer2__c = 'Bob Smith' OR SDS_Engineer__c = 'Bob Smith' 
                OR Software_Engineer__c = 'Bob Smith') AND (StageName = 'Application Engineering' OR 
                StageName = 'Commitment to Buy' OR StageName = 'Closed Won') AND (Execution_Status__c = 'Active' OR
                Execution_Status__c = 'Implementation' OR (Proposal_Status__c = 'Active' AND RecordTypeID = '0121a000000RLqA'))
                limit 10];
     }
}

I am looking to re-size the width of my text area in my generated web-to-lead form. It currently shows 3 rows, which is fine, but the width is to small to type anything longer than a sentence in. This is my code. 

<h1><b>Contact</b> Us</h1>
<p><br /></p>
<style type="text/css">
label {
	line-height: 18px;
	font-weight: bold;
}
</style>

<form action="https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST">

<input type=hidden name="oid" value="00D1a000000KWEu">
<input type=hidden name="retURL" value="BLOCKED">
<input type="hidden" name="lead_source" id="lead_source" value="Contact Us">

<label for="first_name">First Name</label><input  id="first_name" maxlength="40" name="first_name" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="last_name">Last Name</label><input  id="last_name" maxlength="80" name="last_name" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="title">Title</label><input  id="title" maxlength="40" name="title" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="email">Email</label><input  id="email" maxlength="80" name="email" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="phone">Phone</label><input  id="phone" maxlength="40" name="phone" size="20" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="company">Company</label><input  id="company" maxlength="40" name="company" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="city">City</label><input  id="city" maxlength="40" name="city" size="20" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<label for="state">State/Province</label><input  id="state" maxlength="20" name="state" size="50" type="text" /><br>
</div>

<p><br /></p>
<p>Comments:&nbsp<textarea  id="00N1a000008XVLh" name="00N1a000008XVLh"  rows="3" type="text" wrap="soft"></textarea><br></p>
</div>

<input type="submit" name="submit">
</div>

</form>
I am referring to the Comments text area. Does anyone know how to solve this? I have tried size="50" with no luck. 

Thanks
Hi, I've never studied coding or developing, so I'm having a bit of trouble figuring this out. Basically what I want my formula text to do is, if the Days Since Last Update field > 90 AND if Stage Name does not equal Closed Won or Closed Lost, show an image of a red exclamation point so that users know this opportunity needs to be reviewed. 

Here is the formula I am using: IF(AND(Days_Since_Last_Update__c > 90), IMAGE ("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015j0000000PsCZ","Red:High Importance"),null) 

The only issue is, I'm not sure how to insert the piece about if the Stage Name (which is a picklist) equals Closed Won / Closed Lost, the red image does not have to be shown and the opportunity does not have to be reviewed. 

Thank you so much for your help!!
I'm using a formulas to verify if 2 fields have changed from specific values to specific values. When I applied it to 1 field it works. I'm having trouble verifying 2 fields in the formula. Can I please get help tweaking this formula below. I want that if both Status__c and Approval_Progres__cc are changed from New to Active/Approved:

AND( 
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(Status__c),'New'), 
ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "Active") && ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(Approval_Progress__c),'New'), 
ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "Approved"))
Hey guys, I am looking to create an executive summary that shows our monthly margin contribution - quota to give me a variance. Currently I have a matrix report, the columns are the months while the row is a group I have to use because of complicated margin capture methods. Essentially the top column will read: January | February | March etc.. Within these columns I want to have Total Amount (For that month), Total Margin Contribution (For that month), Quota (A pre-set amount that doesn't change by month), Y.T.D. Variance. Y.T.D. Variance would equal that months margin - quota. The next month would equal that months margin - quota + PREVIOUS MONTH. This is the hard part. Obviously January is easy to do, but then February is going to simply take Feb. Margin - Quota. I am not sure how to add in the previous month's variance in order to keep a running total. Any ideas? 
Trail head problem...

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Google Info' custom button does not appear to be linking to 'google.com' and passing the Contact's Name field.
hey i have one formula field what it mean plz help me 
NOT($RecordType.DeveloperName == 'Link' && ISPICKVAL(Current_Tamper_Level__c, '')) &&
NOT($RecordType.DeveloperName == 'Link' && ISPICKVAL(Start_Mode__c, 'Disabled'))
,1, 0)
Thank you 
  • February 11, 2016

When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.  

That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it.