• Data Manager

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I am creating a VF page which sets focus to a barcode textbox and automatically displays the Lead company name and address containing that barcode.

I am having trouble rerendering the section.

Please help

<apex:page standardController="Lead" >

<apex:form >

<apex:inputfield id="barcode" value="{!Lead.Barcode__c}" style="width:200px" required="true" >

<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="refresh" />

</apex:inputField>

<script>
     document.getElementById("barcode").focus();    //see the id for account field below
</script>

<apex:pageBlock title="Bad Address" id="badAddress">  

<apex:outputPanel id="refresh" >  

<apex:pageblocksection rendered="{!IF(Lead.Barcode__c != null,false,true)}">  

<apex:outputField value="{!Lead.Company}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{!Lead.Street}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{!Lead.City}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{!Lead.State}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{!Lead.Country}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{!Lead.PostalCode}"/>

</apex:pageblocksection>  

</apex:outputPanel>

</apex:pageBlock>
Just a heads up for anyone trying to complete the exercise in the "Configure Quote Templates and Track Contracts" Unit.

You are asked to create a new quote for the Edge Installation opportunity. Although I enabled the Quotes functionality and could see the tab in Lightning Experience I could not add a quote. The drop down option did not appear. I thought maybe it was my browser (I was using Firefox) so I switched to MS Edge and I still could not get the tab to show "New Quote".

I switched to Salesforce Classic and was able to add a new quote and therefore complete the module.
I need to create multiple list views for several users, how can I do this quickly in APEX?

Please advise.

I cannot edit my Lightning Experience homepage to complete the following module:

Building a Custom Home Page for Lightning Experience

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/en/lightning_app_builder/lightning_app_builder_homepage

I cannot edit the page and creating a new app does not give me the choice of creating a new home page.

Please advise.

I cannot edit my Lightning Experience homepage to complete the following module:

Building a Custom Home Page for Lightning Experience

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/en/lightning_app_builder/lightning_app_builder_homepage

I cannot edit the page and creating a new app does not give me the choice of creating a new home page.

Just a heads up for anyone trying to complete the exercise in the "Configure Quote Templates and Track Contracts" Unit.

You are asked to create a new quote for the Edge Installation opportunity. Although I enabled the Quotes functionality and could see the tab in Lightning Experience I could not add a quote. The drop down option did not appear. I thought maybe it was my browser (I was using Firefox) so I switched to MS Edge and I still could not get the tab to show "New Quote".

I switched to Salesforce Classic and was able to add a new quote and therefore complete the module.
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:  There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: POWDTZBS
I'm currently stuck on the "Learn Standard Open Redirect Preventions" challenge of the "App Logic Vulnerability Prevention" module.

The challenge is to submit a valid open redirect attack starting from the Standard Redirect Protections Challenge tab.

However, the links on this page are all to standard record pages, where the hack (e.g changing retURL to returl) won't work (it only works on VF pages).

Even if I attempt this and check the challenge, the error I get states: "It doesn't appear that you've successfully redirected to an external website using the Visualforce page. Please try again." - so it implies that it expects me executing this from a custom VF page.

Can anyone give me some advice on where I'm missing something on the challenge?
I need to create multiple list views for several users, how can I do this quickly in APEX?