function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
User 444User 444 

Does deploying profile through autorabbit deploy apex class and vf page access, other object access in salesforce?

1. If I deploy a profile from autorabbit from dev to qa sandbox, will it deploy apex classes access, vf page access and other object settings in qa? Do i need to do anything manually in qa box again?

2. Is there a way to assign apex classes to a profile through data loader?
Best Answer chosen by User 444
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

You may have to add those apex classes and Vf pages in additional to the Profiles because the profile metadata only get the basic details of the profiles. If you need any additional access like field-level permissions or Object permissions or Apex Class Access you have to add those as well in the deployment.

Regarding the second question Did you try data loading on SetUpEntityAccess object?

Let me know if you face any issues.

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,

All Answers

Hi,

You may have to add those apex classes and Vf pages in additional to the Profiles because the profile metadata only get the basic details of the profiles. If you need any additional access like field-level permissions or Object permissions or Apex Class Access you have to add those as well in the deployment.

Regarding the second question Did you try data loading on SetUpEntityAccess object?

Let me know if you face any issues.

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,

This was selected as the best answer
User 444User 444
Hi praveen,

You may have to add those apex classes and Vf pages in additional to the Profiles because the profile metadata only get the basic details of the profiles. If you need any additional access like field-level permissions or Object permissions or Apex Class Access you have to add those as well in the deployment. -- if there are 1000s of apex classes and vf pages, how is it possible to add all of them in auto rabbit? along with profile.

Hi,

Yes i understand but the platform is designed as such. We have to include those .

Thanks,

Buzz InteractiveBuzz Interactive
In addition, AutoRABIT provides a range of other features to help organizations manage their Salesforce deployments more effectively, such as automated testing, version control, and release management.If you are interested in learning more about AutoRABIT and its capabilities, you can visit my website, Buzz Interactive (https://www.buzzinteractive.co/). On my website, you can find a range of resources, including tutorials, videos, and blog posts on Salesforce development, deployment, and best practices
steve diaz 7steve diaz 7
Thanks for sharing .  Very useful information. You may have to add those apex classes and Vf pages in additional to the Profiles because the profile metadata only get the basic details of the profiles. ccsp course (https://www.igmguru.com/cyber-security/ccsp-isc2-certification-training/)