function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris PitirriChris Pitirri 

Best Practices for using the Financial Services Cloud Tax ID to store individual SSN, or should we create a custom SSN field?

My team isn not sure if using the OOB FSC Tax ID to store the individual SSN was the what the field was meant for. We need to determine if Tax ID should be used and if we need to delete our custom field.
Best Answer chosen by Chris Pitirri
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
As per below doc, try using TaxId__c field and it doesnt mention it has only four digits, you might be using LastFourDigitSSN__c field.  Kindly recheck and also FSC expert can give more inputs on this if you have any further queries.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.financial_services_cloud_object_reference.meta/financial_services_cloud_object_reference/fsc_api_objects_contact_custom_fields.htm

Please mark as Best Answer if above information was helpful.

Thanks,

All Answers

Hi Chris,

As per my understanding, you can use existing field of SSN, however I am not sure if this is a best practice.

My recommendation would be reach out to financial services cloud expert and have there inputs on best practices if you have premier or signature plan.  Check below link for more details.

Financial Services Cloud: Best Practices
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000390361&type=1

Important Update - what you need to do

As a reminder, on December 4, 2023 the Salesforce Discussion Forums will be removed from the Salesforce Developers website. These forums will shut down and all relevant discussions will migrate to the Trailblazer Community digital platform.

During the week starting November 20, you can view discussions, but not post new questions or responses. On December 4, you will no longer be able to access the discussion forums from the Salesforce Developers website.

Please take these steps before November 30, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PT to ensure your contributions follow you to the Trailblazer Community:
  1. If you’re not already a member of the Trailblazer Communitysign up for a Trailblazer account using the same login email address associated with your Developer Discussion Forums account. This is crucial.
  2. If you already have a Trailblazer account, and it’s using a different email address from your Developer Discussion Forums account, we recommend that you log in to the Trailblazer Community and connect your forums email address to your Trailblazer account.
Find more info & support
We know that moving platforms can be a hassle, so we created a special forums users group, the Migration Support Hub, in the Trailblazer Community where you can get training videos, information, and assistance.

We are here to help you through this transition!

Thanks,
Thanks for your reply!  The only SSN field we found only has four digits and not the full nine digits.  Can you point me in the direction of the object with the full SSN field?  
Thanks for your reply! The only SSN field we found only has four digits and not the full nine digits. Can you point me in the direction of the object with the full SSN field?
As per below doc, try using TaxId__c field and it doesnt mention it has only four digits, you might be using LastFourDigitSSN__c field.  Kindly recheck and also FSC expert can give more inputs on this if you have any further queries.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.financial_services_cloud_object_reference.meta/financial_services_cloud_object_reference/fsc_api_objects_contact_custom_fields.htm

Thanks,
This was selected as the best answer