function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dan NorfleetDan Norfleet 

E-Mail when Dataloader times out

We use DataLoader to load orders into our system.  we have ran into issue when we load high volumes (more than around 10,000 at a time) that Dataloader times out without any indication.  There are no errors in the error file.  Is there a way to configure to send an e-mail if it times out?  

We are not using a batch process at this time, just the dataloader app supplied with SalesForce.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dan
Best Answer chosen by Dan Norfleet
Selva Ramesh 4Selva Ramesh 4
Hi,

Please increse the time out settings in data laoder.

User-added image

Thanks,
Selva
Sweet Potato Tec

All Answers

Selva Ramesh 4Selva Ramesh 4
Hi,

Please increse the time out settings in data laoder.

User-added image

Thanks,
Selva
Sweet Potato Tec
This was selected as the best answer
Dan NorfleetDan Norfleet
Selva, thanks for the response.  I have upped the Timeout in seconds so appreciate that information.  However, we do have large files when we load for Samples.  Is there a way to get notification if one of those time out?  Currently we have no indication that part of the file failed until a retailer or rep find the issue.  Want to be proactive if possible.  This setting will definitely help, but still could hit a limit during the year and want to know if we do.

Dan
Dan NorfleetDan Norfleet
Selva, i thought i clicked the thumbs up and looks like i hit the thumbs down by accident.  doesn't seem to let me change it, so marking as the best answer.  Sorry about that :)

Dan