function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RAJAN SHINDERAJAN SHINDE 

trailehead - not able to understand

hi, 
I'm working on the below link trailhead. 
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/lex_dev_lc_vf_concepts/units/lex_dev_lc_vf_concepts_basics

I'm not able to understand what's needs to be done on the step 2. 

1.Create a new Lightning component named myEverythingComponent
2. Add this static text to the component: I'll have one with everything
3. Add each resource type to the component, by clicking Create for each resource type: Controller, Helper, Style, Documentation, Renderer, Design, SVG

can someone please assist me on this? 
Best Answer chosen by RAJAN SHINDE
Rahul.MishraRahul.Mishra
Hi,

Nothing much u have to do here, you have to create a lightning component with the given name that show the text : I'll have one with everything.
Here is the code:

<aura:component >
	I'll have one with everything
</aura:component>

Once component created, you will see the bundle shows: component, controller, helper, style, design...etc. Double click on every option to create them with default body. After that you can take your challange.

Mark solved if it does help

All Answers

Rahul.MishraRahul.Mishra
Hi,

Nothing much u have to do here, you have to create a lightning component with the given name that show the text : I'll have one with everything.
Here is the code:

<aura:component >
	I'll have one with everything
</aura:component>

Once component created, you will see the bundle shows: component, controller, helper, style, design...etc. Double click on every option to create them with default body. After that you can take your challange.

Mark solved if it does help

This was selected as the best answer
RAJAN SHINDERAJAN SHINDE
Thank you Rahul. It worked. 
Alex Skempris9Alex Skempris9

Hello, 

I'm struggling a bit with this as well. When I create a bundle I see to be missing certain bundle resources. I don't have style, design or SVG.

I'm on eclipse IDE for Java and Report developers
Version Neon.3 release (4.6.3)

User-added image

Any ideas how I can create the rest of the resources? Or am I in the wrong eclipse version?

Thanks
Alex

Lucy MonkLucy Monk
Hi Alex, I had the same bother as you.

Although your resources seem to be within the component folder, from what I've read try double clicking those & see if that makes them appear as tabs.

My component folder only included the minimum tabs your workspace is showing, & Amit Singh managed to resolve that for me on my own posted question just now:
Open Developer Console. Click on File then Open Lightning Resources -> Find your Components there -> Expand and Select the component file and click on Open Selected -> Then on the Right side you will get the list of Component. You need click on Each of those.

I'm sure you solved this long ago, but sharing the knowledge either way.

Hope that's helpful!

Arti ShrivastavaArti Shrivastava
@Rahul.Mishra- did the steps through developer console - worked
Raghavendran KrishnamurthyRaghavendran Krishnamurthy
If you get stuck in this particular line while attempting to clear this challenge

“Create a new Aura component named myEverythingComponent using the command SFDX:Create Lightning Component in VS Code
Add this static text to the component's .cmp file: I'll have one with everything and save the file....

Try creating Auro Component instead of the Lightning component.
Actually, the instructions should have been like this 
Create a new Aura component named myEverythingComponent using the command SFDX: Create Aura Component in VS Code
only then, this next line of adding a static text makes sense.

(.cmp is not created with the command : SFDX: Create Lightning Component)
ani ghoani gho
Thanks for your above answeres as i was struggling to deploy code from VSC....as outlined on challenge on these steps below [ the previous steps in local in VSC were done successfully]
Authorize your org:
Command: SFDX:Authorize an Org ------------------------------  I did this
Login credentials: The username and password for your Trailhead Playground---did this
Deploy the component bundle to your Trailhead Playground:...............was unable to do as the abov login happend on the browser but the VSC was showing still logging in and it was running forever.....
Command: SFDX:Deploy This Source to Org-----------------so coud never run this command...

As outlined on above i created the file directly in trailblazer console .....but still the challenge will say does not find css or js or ....i had to click and open each file and than close console and restart than all the files were recognized hope this helps some one.....
William Dixon 38William Dixon 38
Workng my Mac; I had to make Chorme the default browser and make darn sure Visual Studio Code was connect when setting up the : SFDX:Authorize an Org and SFDX:Authorize an Dev Hub part.. On the bundle in Dev Console: component, controller, helper, style, design...etc. Double click on every option to create them with default body. Worked like a champ.