function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Megan MuldaryMegan Muldary 

help text fields in spring 17

We have populated help text for fields on a custom object. It shows in classic and not in Lightning. I came across a post that says it wasn't available as of Winter 16 but how about Spring 17? I haven't found anything on it in the release notes yet....
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Megan,

Salesforce Classic users have always appreciated the field-level help you create for your custom fields. Now your Lightning Experience users can love it, too! This feature is available in Lightning Experience, Salesforce Classic, and all versions of the Salesforce1 mobile app.

Previously, the help showed up only in Salesforce Classic.

View help by hovering over the info icon next to a field. Field-level help in Lightning Experience is supported across all browsers.

It shows up regardless of your screen size, the data type of the field, or the location of the field in your layout.
User-added image

To set up help for fields on custom and standard objects, see Define Field-Level Help(https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customhelp_defining_field_level_help.htm&language=en_US&type=0) in the Salesforce Help.

Hope this helps.

Please mark it as solved if the information helps so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Regards,
Nagendra.
Thank you, Nagendra! Just to confirm - there isn't anything I need to do on the field level or page layout to make this appear? We have the help text on the custom object that is installed in our org and it is visible in classic but not in lightning. I just want to confirm before going back to the company of the installed package and letting them know it should be possible to see the text based on the Spring release. 
Monica BrieMonica Brie
Hey Megan, did you ever get an answer to your most recent questions? I am currently having a similar issue
From my understanding, it is available in Lightning but not for anything built on Field Sets. Per the product manager of Zuora, "You can see the confirmation from Salesforce R&D at the end that this is an issue on their Platform, showing help text in a field within a FieldSet in Salesforce is not currently supported by them.  FieldSets are how we display all fields in our VisualForce pages in Quotes and allow their configurability." Hope that helps!
Monica BrieMonica Brie
It does, thank you so much!