function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andy Kallio 7Andy Kallio 7 

command not found vscode

HI everyone,
I'm trying to use the salesforce extensions for vscode and cannot seem to run the replay debugger. I am working org based as opposed to with scratch orgs and everything has been working fine until the replay debugger....I have a project and I have pushed changes made back to the org. I can turn the replay debugger on and then I generate a log and download it. All that is just to say that it seems that most commands are working. I have breakpoints set on the class that I want to debug. When I right click on the dowloaded log and choose the SFDX: Launch Apex Replay Debugger nothing happens. There are no messages in the output to go on. So then my next step was to try running the replay debugger manually by opening the debugger console in the left hand margin and then clicking that green play button at the top. Here I get the following message: command 'extension.replay-debugger.getLogFileName' not found and a button that offers to open the launch.json file. I have setup launch.json this file exactly as the documentation suggests, which I provide here:

{
    // Use IntelliSense to learn about possible attributes.
    // Hover to view descriptions of existing attributes.
    // For more information, visit: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=830387
    "version": "0.2.0",
    "configurations": [
        {
            "name": "Launch Apex Replay Debugger",
            "type": "apex-replay",
            "request": "launch",
            "logFile": "${command:AskForLogFileName}",
            "stopOnEntry": true,
            "trace": true
        }
    ]    

}

I have also learned that salesforce extension requires jdk 8. So, I have that installed, and I have also pointed my user settings to it.
"salesforcedx-vscode-apex.java.home": "/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_202.jdk/Contents/Home"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the salesforce cli. I have unistalled all of the jdks and reinstalled jdk8. I'm not sure whate else I can do. Thanks for any suggestions!