function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jaxdmasterjaxdmaster 

Metadata-driven development model

Hi All,

I've just read fundamental book of force.com. There they mentioned about Metadata-driven development. Can somebody put more light on this.

Cheers,

Jagdeep

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

As you have gone through the material provided by salesforce So I wil not give you URL of any pdf, Let me try to give a brief explaintion what is a metadata driven approach.

In salesforce you can directly create your application without any code using 

1)You will be gien some very usful standard object

2)You can create custom object

3)You can validate your date using validation rules

4)You can apply businees logics using workflow, approval process

5)Show reports

And many more native features, you do not require any code for all those, and in salesforce it is better that you utilize native fetures rather then writting code, that is why it is metadata driven developement model.

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

The metadata-driven development model eliminates the need for code, making development of rich applications a snap. The development is done using button clicks and without code, which allows developer to spend more time focusing on feature requirement and less time worrying about code.

Force.com’s unique point-and-click approach lets developers define the metadata that results in the “blueprint” for an application, including the data model, objects, forms, workflows, and more. 

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page