function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
msglsmomsglsmo 

Need ideas on how to implement an email/report/workflow

Hi All,

Our company provides support to another company that requires us to close work orders out with them at the end of each day, if we were able to resolve their issue over the phone.  We currently call these work order closeouts in to the company, but they would now like us to email them in. 

I know that I could put a check box or workflow that sends a single email to to them every time the criteria is met (resolved over the phone = yes and status = closed, etc), but they want a single email at the end of each day with a list of these work orders, not multiple emails.

Does anyone do anything similar?  How did you implement it?  I'm familiar with validation rules, formulas, workflow rules, email templates, etc, etc, but I am not good with advanced programming.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Mike

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi msglsmo,

After going through the whole scenario and also considering the fact that you are not into programming probably the best solution for would be to:-

• mark a field say "closeout" = true through a workflow rule
  • Then create a report which fetches the cases with this field set to true - "closeout" = true and give appropriate filter for created date
  • Now you can schedule the report and also enable emailing of the same in that way the person concerned will get the report at the end of the day.
  • Also refer to the link for clarity :- http://blogs.salesforce.com/analytics/2008/11/scheduling-and.html

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

msglsmomsglsmo

Sounds good!

Our current report uses this criteria:

• Resolved Over Phone equals YES
  • AND Smith Close Out equals False
  • AND Corporate Name contains Smith Company
  • AND Case Record Type not equal to Sales Leads,HH Call,RMA/Warranty,Part/Supply Order,New Store Startup Clear

I'll set the current report up to email out when our support hours end each day, 7pm. 

Our current process is to use this report to call the work order close outs in to Smith Co, then go back into each individual case and check the Smith Close Out box.  That way, those cases are not on the report the next time.  

In order to clean up the automatically emailed report each day, I need to be able to create a field update workflow rule that checks the Smith Close Out field after the report is ran.  I looked, and it doesn't appear that I can set up a Workflow Time Trigger for specific time, say 7:15pm?

Any thoughts?

Jake GmerekJake Gmerek

Just popping in, but i would say have your original workflow set a closedDate as well as anything else, then filter your report by the current days close date.

msglsmomsglsmo

Perfect - using the Closed Date is a great idea.

But - and there is always a but - I found a new snag.  Apparently reports can't be set up to email outisde of Salesforce uers.  Dangit!

Jake GmerekJake Gmerek

If its an option here is an app in the app exchange that does what you need.  

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000055im4EAA

It is $30/mo, but if it saves you that much time it may be worth it.  As a disclaimer, I have never tried this app so I have no idea if it works as advertised.  Sounds cool though.

RobbiePRobbieP

I had this same issue with reports to some of our senior management (non-salesforce users). If you are using Outlook, you can schedule the report to email to yourself, then set up a rule in Outlook to forward the email based on some unique information such as the subject line. Works like a charm for us.