function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lakslaks 

Deplyoment to Production

Hi,

I observed some odd behaviour while deploying some components from Sandbox to Production.

When I logged in as "A" and tried to deploy a change set to my Production environment, I got 21 failures due to classes in the Production envt. Where as when I logged in as "B" and tried to deploy the same changeset I got only 2 errors.

The 2 errors were due to the dependency of a test class in Production(it was querying  an object in the envt, which no longer existed)

So I figured out the problem, corrected it and re-deployed using login "B". The 2 errors vanished and I could deploy successfully.

However when I login as "A", I can still see 14 errors (all related to Validation rules). Both "A" and "B" are assigned the same Profile. However Role assigned is different.

Can anybody tell me why is the behaviour like this ? Is there any setting that can change the behaviour ?

Regards,

Lakshmi. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sornasorna

Check out those validation rules...they may restrict some roles from saving a record...

All Answers

sornasorna

Check out those validation rules...they may restrict some roles from saving a record...

This was selected as the best answer
lakslaks

Hi,

Thank you. You were right. :-)

The validation rules had condition to bypass some Users which included login "B" .

Regards,

Lakshmi.