function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LatigoLatigo 

Knowledge Approval Processes & Field Merge Issues

I set up Approval Processes for Knowledge Base articles. The merge fields I set-up in the Approval Assignment Email Template that goes out to the Approver are pulling in fine. I also created email templates to go out to the Article submitter that let's them know the status of their Article Approval request. However with the exception of the first two merge fields, none of the other merge fields populate in the email. 

Merge Fields

Approval Process: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Name}

Process Step: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Step_Name}

Submitted by: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Assignee}

Approver: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Approver}

Approval Status: {!ApprovalRequest.Status}

Comments: {!ApprovalRequest.Comments}

Status Email to Article Submitter field population (fields not populating in italics)

Approval Process: Technical Review

Process Step: A

Submitted by: 

Approver: 

Approval Status: 

Comments: 

I also tried creating WorkFlow rules with email alerts, however there is no way to pull the Article Type merge fields into an email template. Can this be possible? It seems like such basic functionality to allow Article Type merge fields in email templates. 

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

liron169liron169

I'm not familiar with the merge Fields issue.

but maybe you'll find your answer here:

http://help.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/valid_merge_fields.htm

(the second section refer to using such fields in emaile template)

francoisLfrancoisL

Hi Latigo,

Merge field on Article Type will be available with Winter'13 release (October 2012). About the other merge field that are not working, You should enter a salesforce case.

Thanks,

LatigoLatigo
Thanks Francois. I already logged a Case with SF support on the Approval Process issue. It's been escalated twice and they still haven't been able to resolve the issue. Hopefully the last tier it's been escalated to can resolve it. Janis Davis I Principal Consultant I Latigo Consulting m: 818.917.9571 l e: janisd@latigoconsulting.com Description: Latigo_Logo_Tiny