function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eric FortenberryEric Fortenberry 

Contacts without Open Activities

How can I generate a report of all contacts without open activities?  I've tried multiple of the standard reports and can't seem to make this happen.  Any ideas would be much appreciated!  

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Paul.FoxPaul.Fox

You're on the right track. You can't do this with a standard report. You'll need a field on the Leads or Contacts for # of Open Activities, but it'll have to be a number field that is populated by a trigger.

See this other thread about the trigger. Keep in mind that trigger does not include Events, only Tasks, so you'll have to modify it if you want to include Open Events.

All Answers

Eric FortenberryEric Fortenberry

I thought one way might be to create a field on the contact for # of Open Activities and then run a contact report where Open Activites = 0.  However, I was not able to add such a field... 

Paul.FoxPaul.Fox

You're on the right track. You can't do this with a standard report. You'll need a field on the Leads or Contacts for # of Open Activities, but it'll have to be a number field that is populated by a trigger.

See this other thread about the trigger. Keep in mind that trigger does not include Events, only Tasks, so you'll have to modify it if you want to include Open Events.

This was selected as the best answer