function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eager-2-LearnEager-2-Learn 

Receiving the following error: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Hi,

I saw a few posts around the "sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target" error but they are not clear to me as far as being the same issue I am having.

About a year ago code that builds an http callout worked when clicking a button to submit opportunity data to another system (not a SF target).  The business decided they did not want to submit data to that system any more.  Well now a year later and they want it back on.  All I did was make the button visible on the page again and now I get the error stated above.

I do not recall a certificate on stored on the SF side during this effort.  As far as the target system and what they did on there end is unclear to me and the key players involved are no longer on the team!  

At a miminum can anyone confidently tell me if the issue is on the SF side or the Target side or both?  If I cannot get a clear cut answer if I knew what side the issue was on I could get key players involved in the right direction.

Your support is deeploy appreciated.