• 0 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Salesforce Support suggested I post here to find a solution to my problem.  I'm not a developer, I'm not writing my own code, I'm just using the Flow Builder in Lightning to create a Screenflow that I want users to launch using a mobile device, specifically an iPad. 

First off, the screenflow works completely as expected on an iPhone.  It also works as expected when launched from the desktop interface.  On an iPad, however, if the screen has more elements than will fit, it automatically takes me to the bottom of the page and will not let me scroll up to see what is at the top.  When I try, it automatically refreshes and sends me to the beginning on the Flow.  (Took me a while to figure out what was happening with that refresh - wow, was that frustrating!!)

I've been able to reformat some of the screens to use columns (which was not an option when I first wrote this Flow!) and get most of it to fit, but there are still situations where that doesn't help, like when the user inputs some search terms and the screen displays a list of records.  That list often is longer than will display and so anybody at the top of the list won't get seen.

I've made sure I'm running the latest version of IOS on the iPad and the latest version of the Salesforce app.  Any ideas?  thanks in advance for your help.
I am not a programmer, but I usually can deconstruct examples well enough to adapt.   Anyway, I am launching a flow as a lightning action button for a custom object called Program.  The flow performs several actions before deleting the record the user is on when calling the flow.  After the flow finishes, Salesforce is staying on the deleted record page which of course now doesn't exist.  If the user refreshes the screen, they get an error message.   

I originally was calling the flow with a URL and then I could include a return URL to the custom object list view.  But I really prefer the flow as a lighting action so it runs in an overlay window. 

I did find this page (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce_vpm_implementation_guide.meta/salesforce_vpm_implementation_guide/vpm_admin_onfinish.htm#!) that talks about embedding the flow in a visualforce page, but then I'm not sure how to then call the flow as an action.  Here's the code of the page Visualforce page I created in Developer.

1<apex:page>
2<flow:interview name="Delete_Program_Screen_Flow" finishLocation="{!URLFOR('/home/home.jsp')}"/>
3</apex:page>

I also saw references to creating an aura component that I could then call as a final core action in my flow, but I don't know enough about aura to undersand how to create the controller to go along with it. 

<aura:component implements="lightning:availableForFlowActions" >
    gotoURL : function (component, event, helper) {
    var urlEvent = $A.get("e.force:navigateToURL");
    urlEvent.setParams({
      "url": "/a0m/o"
    });
    urlEvent.fire();
}
</aura:component>

Would appreciate any insight folks could give me into making either of these solutions work, or if there is a better/easier way to go.

Thanks!
I have created a quick action button (which creates a contact) in contact object and I have added the quick action button to the list view. I am getting a message "select at least one record" whenever I click on quick action button in the list view. Whether this is the expected behavior?
FYI:

quick action - contactquick action added to list view there is no recordtype in contact object.
I am not a programmer, but I usually can deconstruct examples well enough to adapt.   Anyway, I am launching a flow as a lightning action button for a custom object called Program.  The flow performs several actions before deleting the record the user is on when calling the flow.  After the flow finishes, Salesforce is staying on the deleted record page which of course now doesn't exist.  If the user refreshes the screen, they get an error message.   

I originally was calling the flow with a URL and then I could include a return URL to the custom object list view.  But I really prefer the flow as a lighting action so it runs in an overlay window. 

I did find this page (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce_vpm_implementation_guide.meta/salesforce_vpm_implementation_guide/vpm_admin_onfinish.htm#!) that talks about embedding the flow in a visualforce page, but then I'm not sure how to then call the flow as an action.  Here's the code of the page Visualforce page I created in Developer.

1<apex:page>
2<flow:interview name="Delete_Program_Screen_Flow" finishLocation="{!URLFOR('/home/home.jsp')}"/>
3</apex:page>

I also saw references to creating an aura component that I could then call as a final core action in my flow, but I don't know enough about aura to undersand how to create the controller to go along with it. 

<aura:component implements="lightning:availableForFlowActions" >
    gotoURL : function (component, event, helper) {
    var urlEvent = $A.get("e.force:navigateToURL");
    urlEvent.setParams({
      "url": "/a0m/o"
    });
    urlEvent.fire();
}
</aura:component>

Would appreciate any insight folks could give me into making either of these solutions work, or if there is a better/easier way to go.

Thanks!