• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to link to a custom tab created within salesforce.com? Basically as part of our integration we want to create a few custom tabs within salesforce.com. However in order to keep the end user entirely in salesforce.com we have some outside apps that need to link to those tabs. In edition it would be nice to pass in some parameters through to the actual web pages residing withing those tabs.

Thoughts?

Thanks

We are looking to a pretty robust integration so I am looking for some answers on the following, FYI I search around the message board already and I couldnt find any recent answers to similar questions.

1) Can we create links/URLs fields aside from weblinks? What about buttons?

2) Can we push an alert into the users SFDC session at all? For example real time push an update of some form that a particular account as updated information in our application? Maybe this could be achieved by displaying some text with a link conditionally and allowing us to control this condition and also the contents of the link? I understand this would require a page refresh regardless, that is not a problem.

3) Can we add new buttons or URLs to the new account / new lead entry pages? Ideally we want the user to be able to key in a company name in your system as they enter in a new lead/account and then search for it within our system and if found we would auto populate the rest of the record for them. Thoughts? I realize this may be a stretch, but any potential work arounds?

4) Can we create a custom field that is hidden? We want to store our internal ID for a particular record within SFDC app. Then use this ID when linking back to us.

Is it possible to link to a custom tab created within salesforce.com? Basically as part of our integration we want to create a few custom tabs within salesforce.com. However in order to keep the end user entirely in salesforce.com we have some outside apps that need to link to those tabs. In edition it would be nice to pass in some parameters through to the actual web pages residing withing those tabs.

Thoughts?

Thanks

We are looking to a pretty robust integration so I am looking for some answers on the following, FYI I search around the message board already and I couldnt find any recent answers to similar questions.

1) Can we create links/URLs fields aside from weblinks? What about buttons?

2) Can we push an alert into the users SFDC session at all? For example real time push an update of some form that a particular account as updated information in our application? Maybe this could be achieved by displaying some text with a link conditionally and allowing us to control this condition and also the contents of the link? I understand this would require a page refresh regardless, that is not a problem.

3) Can we add new buttons or URLs to the new account / new lead entry pages? Ideally we want the user to be able to key in a company name in your system as they enter in a new lead/account and then search for it within our system and if found we would auto populate the rest of the record for them. Thoughts? I realize this may be a stretch, but any potential work arounds?

4) Can we create a custom field that is hidden? We want to store our internal ID for a particular record within SFDC app. Then use this ID when linking back to us.

Is there a way to have a web link (say on the Opportunity), switch to a Custom Tab, without popping a new window AND without having a set of nested tabs (2 sets appearing)?
  • April 22, 2005