• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When I logged into my seperate trailhead account today a message popped up:

"Looks like you have more than one account
We're merging the accounts related to ****. Activity from all your accounts will appear in this one."

What the hell? I explicitly kept them seperate and Salesforce doesn't even ask me if there's a reason for it? And on top they decide which is the account to keep? That can't be right. Is there a way to avoid that?
When I logged into my seperate trailhead account today a message popped up:

"Looks like you have more than one account
We're merging the accounts related to ****. Activity from all your accounts will appear in this one."

What the hell? I explicitly kept them seperate and Salesforce doesn't even ask me if there's a reason for it? And on top they decide which is the account to keep? That can't be right. Is there a way to avoid that?
Is it possible to run Apex code under a different user than the logged in one?

So someone has logged in and they kick off some Apex code, but I need that specific method to run under an admin user? Is that possible?

Thanks.

From what I can find out so far, the only way to give a user permission to Schedule Apex is to provide the user's profile with permission to "Author Apex." Unfortunately, doing this requires that the profile also have the ability to Modify All Data, which I really do not want to do. We use FinancialForce, and we try to keep a lot of that locked down.

The reason I want the specific user to schedule the apex job (other than because I do not want to do it) is that the message sent when the batch job completes goes to whoever scheduled the job.

So, is there a way to provide a profile (or permission set) so that a user can Schedule Apex but not have to actually Author Apex?

Also, why does the Schedule Apex button appear if the user cannot use it?

Hello ALL,

My company has set up salesforce with seveal different profiles based on job functions, which are then associated to different page layouts for the accounts and contacts objects.

However i am able to ONLY have one column list for a related list if it is on multiple page layouts.

I would like to have a different column set displayed depending on what page layout the user is looking at, is there any way to do this?

Thanks

amiller