• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi ,
I wish to write a simple SOQL query to get Account Name and its Onwer Name , Creater Name and Last Modified By Name.  These feilds are lookup(user) in Account objects ,I do not wish the id of the user but the name of the user.

Please help me solve how to write this.
Hello,

I am trying to give users a more convenient way to add records to a related list (which is derived from a custom object) from the Opportunity detail page via a Visualforce page (essentially inline adding).  I've been trying to modify the following code, which works if the visualforce page is on the custom object page layout.  The issue is once I try to make standardcontroller = Opportunity, which I need to do so the visualforce page shows up on the opportunity page layout, I start receiving errors.  Any ideas?

<apex:page standardController="Custom_Object__c">
<apex:form >
     <apex:pageBlock mode="edit" >
         <apex:pageblockSection title="Add Record" columns="2">
             <apex:inputField value="{!Custom_Object__c.Field1__c}"/>
             <apex:inputField value="{!Custom_Object__c.Field2__c}"/>
             <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Submit"/>
         </apex:pageblockSection>
     </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

When I simply change the controller to Opportunity, I get the following error: Error: Unknown property 'OpportunityStandardController.Custom_Object__c' which ties to line 5.

I've tried adding in the path to the custom object by changing line 5 to:
             <apex:inputField value="{!Opportunity.Custom_Object__c.Field1__c}"/>
But I get the error Error: Invalid field Custom_Object__c for SObject Opportunity

I've tried replacing __c with __r to that same line since it's a related list, and then I get this error:
Error: Could not resolve the entity from <apex:inputField> value binding '{!Opportunity.Custom_Object__r.Field1__c}'. <apex:inputField> can only be used with SObjects, or objects that are Visualforce field component resolvable.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex
Hi ,
I wish to write a simple SOQL query to get Account Name and its Onwer Name , Creater Name and Last Modified By Name.  These feilds are lookup(user) in Account objects ,I do not wish the id of the user but the name of the user.

Please help me solve how to write this.
I have a requirement to convert stories on visualforce pages such as tables fields to ppt files. How should I approach? 
Please let me know. Thanks.
I see the box to the left in setup to enable lightning but after I enable it it doesn't change anything the setup button does not change to the gear icon so it's almost impossible to do the challenges 
Hi Guys,

I have a requirement. Schedule a class when a contact is inserted Email should go to that contact after 2 hours using schedule apex and triggers. This should be done using schedule apex class and triggers. Any help by any brainees.

Hello,

I am trying to give users a more convenient way to add records to a related list (which is derived from a custom object) from the Opportunity detail page via a Visualforce page (essentially inline adding).  I've been trying to modify the following code, which works if the visualforce page is on the custom object page layout.  The issue is once I try to make standardcontroller = Opportunity, which I need to do so the visualforce page shows up on the opportunity page layout, I start receiving errors.  Any ideas?

<apex:page standardController="Custom_Object__c">
<apex:form >
     <apex:pageBlock mode="edit" >
         <apex:pageblockSection title="Add Record" columns="2">
             <apex:inputField value="{!Custom_Object__c.Field1__c}"/>
             <apex:inputField value="{!Custom_Object__c.Field2__c}"/>
             <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Submit"/>
         </apex:pageblockSection>
     </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

When I simply change the controller to Opportunity, I get the following error: Error: Unknown property 'OpportunityStandardController.Custom_Object__c' which ties to line 5.

I've tried adding in the path to the custom object by changing line 5 to:
             <apex:inputField value="{!Opportunity.Custom_Object__c.Field1__c}"/>
But I get the error Error: Invalid field Custom_Object__c for SObject Opportunity

I've tried replacing __c with __r to that same line since it's a related list, and then I get this error:
Error: Could not resolve the entity from <apex:inputField> value binding '{!Opportunity.Custom_Object__r.Field1__c}'. <apex:inputField> can only be used with SObjects, or objects that are Visualforce field component resolvable.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex
I have a lighting app record detail page (The one where you drag and drop). I've created a new Action to display on the highlights panel.
In the SFDC Classic page layout, I've added the action to the section "Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience Actions". However, it doesn't display on the highlight panels. I have a few other actions which I've created in the same way and they display just fine. I can change the order of the actions and they change immediately on the lightning app record detail page so I know it's updating properly.
Any suggestions as to why it's not displaying my action?
Thanks!

In the list below, I'm expecting to see "New Contact Report" in the dropdown list since I've added it to the layout. However the second picture shows it doesn't have it.

User-added imageUser-added image
  • June 26, 2017
Hi all, could someone please advise me on how to build a process that would automatically populate contact's address field same as the account has IF created from Account's page.
I have no luck so far. Using Profesisonal and Lightning

thank you.
  • June 26, 2017