• 15 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We need to create a Flow and Process to automatically link Email-to-case Cases with Person Accounts (populate the Account Name field in the Case with the same Person Account that is connected via the sender's email address). I have found beautiful instructions to do what I am wanting at this post https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000MGXTIA4, BUT as I am just a System Admin I need more detail in the instructions! 

The broad instructions from that post are:
1. Create the flow.
2. In the flow, create an input variable for the case id, phone, and email from the web form.
3. Create a Record Create element and create the Contact record (use the Phone and Email input variables)
4. Create a variable to assign the Record Create element's Id result.
5. Create a Record Update element.  Use the Case Id input variable for the field assignment.
6. Use the variable stored in Step 4. for the ContactId field on the Case record.
7. Save and Activate the flow.
8. Update your process to call the flow instead of performing the related object logic directly in the process.
9. Save the new process version / Activate the new Process version.
Hi, I am a System Admin with no experience in creating Flows or Process Builder. I have found beautiful instructions to do what I am wanting at this post https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000MGXTIA4, namely automatically link Email-to-case Cases with Person Accounts (populate the Account Name field in the Case with the same Person Account that is connected via the sender's email address) BUT I need more detail in the instructions! Any help most gratefully appreciated!

1. Create the flow.
2. In the flow, create an input variable for the case id, phone, and email from the web form.
3. Create a Record Create element and create the Contact record (use the Phone and Email input variables)
5. Create a Record Update element.  Use the Case Id input variable for the field assignment.
6. Use the variable stored in Step 4. for the ContactId field on the Case record.
8. Update your process to call the flow instead of performing the related object logic directly in the process.

Hi,

I am trying to build a VF page for Person Accounts that pulls in info from www.mixpanel.com. We have successfully added this content to Leads and Contacts, but I get the following Erroe message when I try to make it for Accounts/Person Accounts: Error: Invalid field Email for SObject Account .

Here is the code: 

<apex:page standardController="Account">
<html>
    <script>
        var api_key = "{!$Setup.Mixpanel__c.API_Key__c}",
            api_secret = "{!$Setup.Mixpanel__c.API_Secret__c}";

function sendProjectApiInfo(){
            document.getElementById("app_frame").contentWindow.postMessage({api_key:api_key, api_secret:api_secret},"*")
        }
    </script>
    <iframe id="app_frame" scrolling="yes" onload="javascript:sendProjectApiInfo(this);" src="https://mixpanelplatform.com/apps/mixpanel-mixpanel-3-KC7XB5s/?email={!Account.Email}" style="display: block; margin: 0 auto; width: 930px; height: 800px"></iframe>
</html>
</apex:page>

Any help GREATLY appreciated!
We need to create a Flow and Process to automatically link Email-to-case Cases with Person Accounts (populate the Account Name field in the Case with the same Person Account that is connected via the sender's email address). I have found beautiful instructions to do what I am wanting at this post https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000MGXTIA4, BUT as I am just a System Admin I need more detail in the instructions! 

1. Create the flow.
Hi,

I am trying to build a VF page for Person Accounts that pulls in info from www.mixpanel.com. We have successfully added this content to Leads and Contacts, but I get the following Erroe message when I try to make it for Accounts/Person Accounts: Error: Invalid field Email for SObject Account .

Here is the code: 

<apex:page standardController="Account">
<html>
    <script>
        var api_key = "{!$Setup.Mixpanel__c.API_Key__c}",
            api_secret = "{!$Setup.Mixpanel__c.API_Secret__c}";

function sendProjectApiInfo(){
            document.getElementById("app_frame").contentWindow.postMessage({api_key:api_key, api_secret:api_secret},"*")
        }
    </script>
    <iframe id="app_frame" scrolling="yes" onload="javascript:sendProjectApiInfo(this);" src="https://mixpanelplatform.com/apps/mixpanel-mixpanel-3-KC7XB5s/?email={!Account.Email}" style="display: block; margin: 0 auto; width: 930px; height: 800px"></iframe>
</html>
</apex:page>

Any help GREATLY appreciated!

Hi, I have the following scenario : a case has been created via web-to-case and the customer has entered their name, Phone and email on the web form.
I created a process via process builder to automatically create a new contact. I tested and it is working, the name, Phone and email fields are correctly populated and the contact record is created.
I am struggling to find how I can automatically map the new contact fields in the case?