• 5 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am still relatively new to SF development and helping to support a small non-profit (running NPSP).  The Admin on the prod instance has ensured that Dev Hub is enabled, and has created a new sandbox for the developers to work in.  We can connect to it via SFDX, but we are not able to create scratch orgs.  

I really want to move to VSCode because the dev console's auto-complete feature also is not working.  

Does Salesforce non-profit support SFDX scratch orgs?  if so, any guidance to get us up and coding with SFDX/VSCode/ScratchOrgs and circular development?
Why won't Developer Console not show any quick assist/hints?  I am not able to use VS Code at present gig, and am stuck with using Developer Console, but it is absolutely infuriating when i get no hints/assists as I am developing.  

This is pretty much across the board.  No hints for VFP, CMP, JS, APXC, NOTHING!!!!

Any assistance would be great!  I am beginner to SFDev, (but decades of development, including java).  I have deadlines and this is killing my productivety as i have to look EVERYTHING up rather than getting assist from Developer Console!

BTW, this has never worked in any of my orgs, on any machine, etc.  
I am still relatively new to SF development and helping to support a small non-profit (running NPSP).  The Admin on the prod instance has ensured that Dev Hub is enabled, and has created a new sandbox for the developers to work in.  We can connect to it via SFDX, but we are not able to create scratch orgs.  

I really want to move to VSCode because the dev console's auto-complete feature also is not working.  

Does Salesforce non-profit support SFDX scratch orgs?  if so, any guidance to get us up and coding with SFDX/VSCode/ScratchOrgs and circular development?
Why won't Developer Console not show any quick assist/hints?  I am not able to use VS Code at present gig, and am stuck with using Developer Console, but it is absolutely infuriating when i get no hints/assists as I am developing.  

This is pretty much across the board.  No hints for VFP, CMP, JS, APXC, NOTHING!!!!

Any assistance would be great!  I am beginner to SFDev, (but decades of development, including java).  I have deadlines and this is killing my productivety as i have to look EVERYTHING up rather than getting assist from Developer Console!

BTW, this has never worked in any of my orgs, on any machine, etc.  
My VF page has an inputField component for a date field that represents someone's birthdate. The HTML that gets generated from this includes a link that allows the user to select the current date. For birth dates, it's pretty rare that this link is useful. Is there any way to remove the link, but still keep the rest of the date picker functionality?

For what it's worth, I tried defining this style sheet rule:

.hideDateFormat a {display:none;visibility:hidden;}

and adding this to the inputField tag:

styleClass="hideDateFormat"

This successfully hides the date link, but not the square brackets that surround the link, so what I'm left with is a text entry field (which the user an click to invoke the date picker), followed by empty square brackets. I can't figure out how to remove the brackets.

Thanks,

Jeri