• 10 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to create a custom report that returns Contacts and their associated Accounts and Projects. I have my Salesforce set up so I can have Contacts with multiple Accounts; however, when I created the customized report to show the relationships between Contacts/Accounts/Projects, I get duplicates of the same contact if they are part of multiple Accounts or Projects. Is there a way to place multiple Accounts and Projects on the same row (i.e. Account 1, Account 2, Project 1, Project 2, etc.) in the customized reports?

For context: my customized report had the following Object Relationships:
Contacts A
...with at least one related record from Account Relationships (B)
......with or without related records from Project Association (C)
Hi, I'm trying to add multiple accounts to one contact. Currently, I am unable to and this causes me to have to make multiple Contacts for the same person. The few things I've tried:

1. Adding a Custom Field & Relationship for Accounts. A Related List field shows up, but only allows me to add New Accounts, not Existing.

2. Enabled "Allow users to relate a contact to multiple accounts" under Account Settings. This creates a field under "Contact Detail" that allows me to add an Existing Acccount. However, when I open that Account, the Contact does not show up in the Related List section.

3. Spoke with a Salesforce Customer Service Rep and they said I may need Developer Assistance to achieve this, because it is a "one-to-many" (or something like that) relationship.

I'm new to Salesforce so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'd be happy to share screenshots or further explanation on any of the points above. Thank you! 
I'm trying to create a custom report that returns Contacts and their associated Accounts and Projects. I have my Salesforce set up so I can have Contacts with multiple Accounts; however, when I created the customized report to show the relationships between Contacts/Accounts/Projects, I get duplicates of the same contact if they are part of multiple Accounts or Projects. Is there a way to place multiple Accounts and Projects on the same row (i.e. Account 1, Account 2, Project 1, Project 2, etc.) in the customized reports?

For context: my customized report had the following Object Relationships:
Contacts A
...with at least one related record from Account Relationships (B)
......with or without related records from Project Association (C)
Hi, I'm trying to add multiple accounts to one contact. Currently, I am unable to and this causes me to have to make multiple Contacts for the same person. The few things I've tried:

1. Adding a Custom Field & Relationship for Accounts. A Related List field shows up, but only allows me to add New Accounts, not Existing.

2. Enabled "Allow users to relate a contact to multiple accounts" under Account Settings. This creates a field under "Contact Detail" that allows me to add an Existing Acccount. However, when I open that Account, the Contact does not show up in the Related List section.

3. Spoke with a Salesforce Customer Service Rep and they said I may need Developer Assistance to achieve this, because it is a "one-to-many" (or something like that) relationship.

I'm new to Salesforce so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'd be happy to share screenshots or further explanation on any of the points above. Thank you!