• Member since 2023

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

We are rebranding the company due to a merge with another one and I wanted to check if some of you has encountered with the same case in the past.
What options for rebranding do we have in the SF?
Are we able to update the Namespace?
Are we able to update the owner of the package?
what else to expect?
Is it better to start a new managed package and create a 2nd copy with the new name and namespace?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance

BR
Hi all,

We are rebranding the company due to a merge with another one and I wanted to check if some of you has encountered with the same case in the past.
What options for rebranding do we have in the SF?
Are we able to update the Namespace?
Are we able to update the owner of the package?
what else to expect?
Is it better to start a new managed package and create a 2nd copy with the new name and namespace?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance

BR

Hi all,

I'm trying to call VF page from LWC using window.Postmessage() and in vf page listening event using Window.addEventListner(). In vf page I'm accessing the apex class method using @RemoteAction. so when I'm directly previewing the VF Page then apex method is calling but when I'm calling vf page from lwc and then invoking remote action then it gives me error "No controller found".

here is my vf page code

<apex:page controller="dataBackup">
    <apex:remoteObjects />
     <script type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script>

window.addEventListener("message",function(event){
         console.log(event);
             downloadCSVAsZip();
},false);

function downloadCSVAsZip(){
         Visualforce.remoting.Manager.invokeAction(
            '{!$RemoteAction.dataBackup.getObj}',
            function(result, event){
                console.log('test');
                console.log(event);
            },
            {escape: true}
                );
    }

</script>

<apex:form >
        <apex:pageblock title="Zip From Dummy CSV>
            <input type="button" onclick="downloadCSVAsZip(this);" value="Download" />
        </apex:pageblock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Kindly give any solution for this.

Thanks!

<apex:page id="page" >
    <apex:form id="fm">
        <script>
          function show(){
              var Name= document.getElementById("page:fm:pb:pbs:pbsi1:name").value;
              document.getElementById('page:fm:pb:pbs:pbsi2:myName').value=Name;
              document.getElementById('page:fm:pb:pbs:pbsi3:res').innerHTML='<b><i>'+Name+'<i><b>';
             }
              </script>
        <apex:pageBlock title="Employee" id="pb" >
            <apex:pageBlockSection id="pbs" columns="1">

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="pbsi1">
                    <apex:outputLabel value="Enter Name"/>
                    <apex:inputText id="Name" onchange="Show()" />
                </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="pbsi2">
                    <apex:outputLabel value="Your name"/>
                    <apex:inputText id="myName" />

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="pbsi3">
                    <apex:outputLabel value="my name"/>
                    <apex:outputText id="res"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

In an ApexTrigger is there a way to identify if the Trigger is being called from Managed or unmanaged Package ?

Same Trigger is called from a  Managed or Unmanaged package. Due to validation rules it fails when being called from Managed package.

I would like to check the package before calling the validation rules on the Trigger.

Hi I have a managed package.

I tried to change the name first time using Setup -> App Setup -> Create -> Packages, then selecting ther Edit button next to the package name. But when i try again it is not changing the name. Description is being changed but name stays same. And it doesn't give any error messages.

IS there a way to change this? Can't it be changed?

Thanks,

Umut

I am getting ready to launch a product and I am scratching my head on this one as to how I would go about packaging (managed versus unmanaged) it for my clients.

Here is my understanding of Managed versus unManaged package:

Managed:

1. Clients don't see my code - my IP is protected
2. Once I publish the managed package as released, my engineering won't be able to modify a lot of things - such  objects and object attributes in the developer environment. This is clearly undesirable for a startup.
3. Once I create a managed package in a developer environment, my object get prefixed with the unique prefix - even if i delete the managed package, objects retain their prefix.
4. Clients can upgrade without uninstall...
5. Managed beta package is an not an option, since it can't be done in production environment - only sandbox or developer. I am looking for real production customers who will pay me, but appreciate the fact that product might change based on their feedback.

UnManaged:

1. Code is visible to my clients - my IP is unprotected
2. I can freely modify my product in developer environment, downside being that customers have to uninstall the prior release and manually reimport all the data.

Ideally I want a managed package (to protech my IP and enable  upgrades). However, I  find the prospect of my engineering  not being able to modify the  objects for eternity a  little scary. I understand this is important so that clients can upgrade, but since my product will evolve, I don't want to be locked in early on. Early clients might be willing to uninstall and reimport, if they see newer functionality is worth it.

One option I was thinking was to always maintain an unpackaged version as my golden source code. I can then use this to create multiple managed packages, each in a different developer enviroment, each with a different prefix. So let's say I create release 1 with a prefix "mycom1". My first client installs this - the objects are called mycom1__abc etc...If my client finds bugs, I fix them in the mycom1 and also in my golden source (yucks!). Let's say that I find that I do have to modify my objects. I go back to my golden source and and create a new managed package with prefix  "mycom2". I can give this to customer 2....Now I have to fix bugs in three places(really yucks!!!)

Does anyone have any better ideas or is my understanding flawed (I hope so).

I wish I could put beta managed packages in a production environment - I will have best of both worlds in that case!!!